Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just finished the shopping  (Read 2436 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Just finished the shopping
« on: 14 January 2012, 00:21:39 »

Cos swmbo is still out of action, what is all the fuss about? done it on line and will be delivered between 5 and 7 pm tomorrow.... :y absolute doddle, so why do our other halfs make such a fuss.... ::) ::) ::)

I bet I could get all the cleaning, washing and ironing done without moving from the settee, women make such a fuss about doing these jobs.......... :D :D :D

Nickbat

Re: Just finished the shopping
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2012, 00:28:02 »

For a mere fiver, I won't cut and paste your post and email to your SWMBO, thus you will avoid a painful slap round the gob.  ;)

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2012, 00:51:48 »

'cept that when your shopping arrives (30 minutes outside the booking slot)  2/3rds of it will be their choice of "alternative" for the stuff you ACTUALLY wanted....     

and the frozen stuff will be softening rapidly......

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2012, 00:57:53 »

Wait until Mrs Vamps sees what you have bought. "you know we never have this brand.. but that"  ::) ::) ::)

It won't be full marks and full house with the shopping then, more like dog house.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2012, 01:51:47 »

funny enough was chatting to a mate at work about internet shopping today and he said the same thing ref substituting items not in stock for more often than not something more expensive.

he said worst was sainsbury
best was waitrose

takes me back to when i was at school delivering fuit and veg on one of those big mother butchers bikes on a saturday now that was a hard way to earn a fiver

but obviously i am just a man and cant be trusted to do the shopping so wifeys in charge of that one :y

jonny2112

• Omega Baron
  • Bangor NI
    • 2.6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2012, 02:52:42 »

For a mere fiver, I won't cut and paste your post and email to your SWMBO, thus you will avoid a painful slap round the gob.  ;)

;D ;D ;D

cleggy

« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2012, 07:26:30 »

I know what you mean about SWMBO and shoppping, I go with a list get what I want and out, she has to walk up and down every bloody isle to 'See what they've got'. Same as last week ;D ;D takes forever ;D ;D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 14 January 2012, 08:09:29 »

'cept that when your shopping arrives (30 minutes outside the booking slot)  2/3rds of it will be their choice of "alternative" for the stuff you ACTUALLY wanted....     

Quite correct - furthermore, if the care I often witness by which those 'personal shoppers' exercise their talents is anything to go by, disappointment is inevitable - leaving anyone choosing to pay for such a service in the need to rethink their priorities.

Shopping is an uncomplicated activity; know what is needed, draw up a list then make the necessary purchases (sticking to the list) – job done.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14 January 2012, 09:01:05 »

Shopping is an uncomplicated activity; know what is needed, draw up a list then make the necessary purchases (sticking to the list) – job done.

Don't be absurd!
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14 January 2012, 11:06:10 »

We've had mostly good experiences from online shopping with our local Tesco. Yes, we've had substitutions and even missing items in the past, but generally very good.

We tend to do an online shop every 3 months or so to stock up on any tins and heavy stuff.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14 January 2012, 11:24:11 »

Quite correct - furthermore, if the care I often witness by which those 'personal shoppers' exercise their talents is anything to go by, disappointment is inevitable - leaving anyone choosing to pay for such a service in the need to rethink their priorities.

We use our local Sainsburys online service. Initially quite worried esp about fruits but they seem to choose the best and undamaged fruit for us. Frozen items arrive frozen as they seem too be stored in a freezer in the delivery van. Overall everything is very well cared for and we have had some substitutions occasionally, but the way I see it is if I go into the shop and it isn't there then I would have to substitute it anyway. And it costs me nothing if my order is over £75 which it is 99% of the time. And they have been within the time slot a 100%. Used Tescos a couple of times when Sainsburys did not have a time slot and they were ok too but have a delivery charge which puts me off.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14 January 2012, 13:25:26 »

We use our local Sainsburys online service. Initially quite worried esp about fruits but they seem to choose the best and undamaged fruit for us. Frozen items arrive frozen as they seem too be stored in a freezer in the delivery van. Overall everything is very well cared for and we have had some substitutions occasionally, but the way I see it is if I go into the shop and it isn't there then I would have to substitute it anyway. And it costs me nothing if my order is over £75 which it is 99% of the time. And they have been within the time slot a 100%. Used Tescos a couple of times when Sainsburys did not have a time slot and they were ok too but have a delivery charge which puts me off.

I don't know about you D, but I prefer to handle my own.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2012, 13:49:25 »

Used Tescos a couple of times when Sainsburys did not have a time slot and they were ok too but have a delivery charge which puts me off.
Depends how you look at it... Nearest major supermarket (Tesco) is about a 35 mile round trip ::) I couldn't do it for much under £5 in the Omega, even on LPG, so paying for a delivery is worth it ;) We tend to try and pick one of the less popular slots as they are cheaper :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2012, 15:01:58 »

I don't know about you D, but I prefer to handle my own.

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
Been there, fallen over it!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2012, 15:57:49 »

Cos swmbo is still out of action, what is all the fuss about? done it on line and will be delivered between 5 and 7 pm tomorrow.... :y absolute doddle, so why do our other halfs make such a fuss.... ::) ::) ::)

I bet I could get all the cleaning, washing and ironing done without moving from the settee, thesewomen make such a fuss about doing jobs.......... :D :D :D

.....and they make such a fuss about giving birth, too.  Chinese women shoot the sprogs out sideways .........and are back at work before the hour is out...... :y :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.