Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Poll

What do you reckon?

return to the same site
- 6 (46.2%)
try another site
- 7 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we want to revisit the same Lakes Site this year?  (Read 6339 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Do we want to revisit the same Lakes Site this year?
« Reply #15 on: 12 January 2012, 09:51:23 »

Last years site was a good one and we got no hassle from the owners. Only things were the midgies, uphill treck to the toilets and cold showers but they were minor things :y

Agreed.  :y Didn't make it last year and might well not make it this year, TBH, but I think that site at least tolerate us as a large, predominantly male group who like a drink or two, and have static caravans for those who want them. That's not to be underestimated, IMHO, especially in a "picture postcard" place like the lakes.

As the organiser, I would say do you mind dealing with them again?  if not, find somewhere friendly, like say, burns farm

Well,  as long as TheBoy is coming, with his extensive experience of dealing with inbreds and retards. ;) In fact, sod it, shall we just go to Milton Keynes? ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 January 2012, 12:15:29 »

If you are looking for a compromise between Scotland and the midlands then the York area is a good option.

Not wishing to drag up the past with that one but just saying  ;)

Either way I am unlikely to make any meets this year and if I do it will be very lastminute.com and staying locally in a hotel with SWMBO :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 January 2012, 13:23:31 »

I can't really vote to be honest as wherever the meet is I will do my best to attend.

I am a Daisy

• Stonehoose
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 January 2012, 17:37:50 »

Some advice on midges. I suffer very badly if bitten by them, come out in huge blister like patches and cant stop scratching them. I used to have a static up Loch Lomond for years so have suffered a lot of midge bites, the best repellent for them is Avon Skin So Soft, they will land on you but for some reason dont bite you. If bitten Piriton or any other antihistamine takes away the itching/rash. I tried every type of repellent over the years and Skin So Soft is the only one that works for me. Also ask if camp sites have midge killers, looks like a patio heater but it attracts and kills midges. HTH

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 January 2012, 17:59:16 »

Daisy, did you try Urine as that is supposed to be a fantastic repellent? ;D  :-*
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 January 2012, 18:01:06 »

I'm happy to go wherever.  Last place was fine by me and the owners seemed happy enough when we were playing cars.   :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 January 2012, 18:01:28 »

Daisy, did you try Urine as that is supposed to be a fantastic repellent? ;D  :-*

Are you taking the pee?

Or giving it....   ;D

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12 January 2012, 18:01:36 »

Yeah, but not of midgies! ;)
Been there, fallen over it!

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12 January 2012, 18:02:25 »

me and wifey would be interested static caravan even better as we are tentless....whilst on the subject of static caravans noticed a lot of caravans at newent are they for rent do you know

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 12 January 2012, 18:10:54 »

Been there, fallen over it!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12 January 2012, 18:11:38 »

me and wifey would be interested static caravan even better as we are tentless....whilst on the subject of static caravans noticed a lot of caravans at newent are they for rent do you know

Could be a couple thats something I will sort out then post up Paul. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 January 2012, 18:12:51 »

such as  : http://shop.omegaowners.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=34 ;D ;D ;D

Yes my dear, don't be shy now I know you tried it.  :-X :-*

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 January 2012, 18:13:21 »

I think you will find the caravans are all privately owned and left there for the season.

With regard to the lakes, I'm afraid it's a bit too far for us, things are tight at the moment and I wouldn't be able to justify the fuel bill.

If I had to vote though I think I would go for the same site as long as Daz can suffer fealing with the owners again.
best wishes
Simon.

I am a Daisy

• Stonehoose
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 January 2012, 18:17:43 »

;D Lol, Darth, anyone that knows me will tell you I'm full of it, lol! And no, it didnt work, as stated, I've tried everything, lol!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12 January 2012, 18:43:58 »

For that area, I feel we have few options. Burns Farm, useless inbred retards, wouldn't have us back, nor would most of us wish to go back.  *VERY* few others will take groups.

I seem to recall midges were only a problem on first night, so as others said, luck of draw.

I'm content to go anywhere in the mainland UK - if more than about 4 or 5hrs away, would probably just stay longer to make it worthwhile.

Whilst Newent is a great site, I feel it excludes many members who don't want to travel too far, be it logistical or cost. Same with, for eg, a Cornish/Devon/Kent/Highlands etc.  We have Newent thats within easy reach of Wales/Midlands/South, even London at a push.  Lakes was originally chosen as an area, as it allowed most of Scots members to join in, albeit with a trek for some.

Yorkshire or south Northumberland could fit the bill similarly. Or north end of peaks is fairly central.

I guess it all boils down to who wants to come. Some well known regular members, as its pick on Uncle Albert day, have previously stated no interest in such events. Many others I've never seen at these meets, which is a shame.  If its the usual suspects, no point trekking up to Inverness for example ;)

Count me in, but I haven't voted, as I don't mind either way.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 25 queries.