Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Artex - the aftermath  (Read 4611 times)

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
Re: Artex - the aftermath
« Reply #45 on: 08 January 2012, 13:38:08 »

been in shop fitting for over 30 years  :y  always strip out but now a local yocal bob the rather builder type ( marriage does that to you) generally people  want the cheapest but best option

most expensive but best to strip out start again on most things plus on ceilings  i like to nog out at all joint even tape still cracks if the boards move

plus strip out and replace the lighting with down lights another sales pitch ;D ;D

who you working for Richie ( dont become a builder it sucks) ;D ;D :D

i work for agencies mostly now but worked for john Richards shoplifting for years and centrefurb. I've done building work but dont like it and also property maintenance which is a pain as they seem to want you to do every chore in there house for free. i put a free listing on yell.com which i get a bit of work from and private work but i love shoplifting as its the best  laugh going. don't see no poles shoplifting no more as there so useless but the rates are a lot lower no because pf them.

totally agree and as for the rates now gone back years same everywhere But london was always top dollar now its shite we moved from Northolt about 3 years ago i was a contracts manager for newmans till they went under but when i looked at the rates for fixing etc and jobs that were around we had to come back down south and give up the wifes council flat  :-[ :-[

Love to come back into it one day but at the moment when you work out whats on offer and take away travelling etc from Ramsgate the end of the world the finances just dont add up. All sections of the industry has suffered with dramatic rate cuts and sadly dont see a rise for years to come the damage has been done

Wifeys happy that i am local though so not all doom and gloom butsome days i wish :'(

do i not know you then. i was born and bred in northolt. lived there till i was 32. still drink in the white hart and the civil engineer all the time.

i was only there about a year or so it was wifeys flat she lived there for years may know her Jane Carverhill lived in islip manor road think her dad may have drank in the white heart name rings a bell mick carverhill

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 January 2012, 13:56:55 »

I've heard of Mic carvehill. but not your wife. I know most old faces in northolt unfortunately its filling up with immigrants now and has deteriorated a lot.i used to go in the plough quite a bit till an insurance scam burnt it down  ;D

paul.lovejoy

• Omega Baron
  • Ramsgate Kent
    • wife mad 2.6 cd estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 January 2012, 14:12:46 »

mick passed away about 2 1/2 years ago we still go up quite often to see her mum they live in southall thats just as bad

we have an area down here where they have placed all the imigrants etc and its a no go zone at night unless you want to be mugged the area was pretty run down before which does not help

worst thing we ever did was give up the place in northolt if oinly we had the money to buy it well handy for the tube into london

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 January 2012, 14:29:32 »

West drayton is getting bad now. i want to be out of here within the next 2yrs when both the kids are driving. Hillingdon council have to take in all the asylum seekers when they land at heathrow so its filling up with them and crime here is increasing rapidly.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 January 2012, 16:47:19 »

been in shop fitting for over 30 years  :y  always strip out but now a local yocal bob the rather builder type ( marriage does that to you) generally people  want the cheapest but best option

most expensive but best to strip out start again on most things plus on ceilings  i like to nog out at all joint even tape still cracks if the boards move

plus strip out and replace the lighting with down lights another sales pitch ;D ;D

i work for agencies mostly now but worked for john Richards shoplifting for years and centrefurb. I've done building work but dont like it and also property maintenance which is a pain as they seem to want you to do every chore in there house for free. i put a free listing on yell.com which i get a bit of work from and private work but i love shoplifting as its the best  laugh going. don't see no poles shoplifting no more as there so useless but the rates are a lot lower no because pf them.

You sure you mean that ???  :)  Mr Plod might show an interest if you do !!!!  :)

Somehow .... I'm sure .......  you mean ..........  SHOPFITTING !!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 08 January 2012, 16:49:49 »

You sure you mean that ???  :)  Mr Plod might show an interest if you do !!!!  :)

Somehow .... I'm sure .......  you mean ..........  SHOPFITTING !!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sorry its this predictive text on me phone ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.