Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tunes issue sorted by a stroke of luck  (Read 734 times)

Omega32E

• Leicestershire
    • Omega 3.2 E
    • View Profile
Tunes issue sorted by a stroke of luck
« on: 25 November 2011, 19:50:40 »

The issue regarding my CDR (copied discs laser 2013 HU etc) collection has now solved itself.
When I bought the car it had what I thought was a mobile phone kit hard wired to the stereo, have been scratching my head for the last few weeks looking at the connector on the holder knowing that I had seen that sort before somewhere, thought about every phone I have had trying to remember.
Just about gave up and went to remove it from the car, as the pliers where just about to bite my daughter walked onto the drive with her Ipod playing in her ears, she stopped to speak took the headphones from her ears and the penny dropped, the holder was for a Ipod not a mobile. Got my Ipod sat it on the holder powered straight up, the only issue I had was trying to sort out what input was needed to be selected on the HU to get the sound out the speakers, in the end tuner selected and tuned to 88.3 sounds now sorted :y :)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Tunes issue sorted by a stroke of luck
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2011, 19:57:22 »

Good result - a happy happenstance. 8) :y

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2011, 23:16:00 »

would really like to know how this is wired up  ;)

Omega32E

• Leicestershire
    • Omega 3.2 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2011, 13:15:31 »

At a guess below is I assume how this has been done

Wired FM modulators, which usually come as small boxes with a few cords running out from them, intercept the connection between the car's antenna and radio, allowing you to inject your iPod's signal directly into this wired pathway. The result is dramatically improved sound quality—although the final result is still hampered by the limitations of FM radio, which is far from audiophile-friendly.

These modulators are inexpensive (they can be found online for as little as $15) and relatively easy to put in, as long as you are comfortable fiddling with your car stereo's wires. To install one, position yourself underneath the dash. Reach up and unplug the antenna from the back of the stereo and plug it into the modulator's antenna input. Take the modulator's output cord and connect it to the stereo's antenna input. You can then set the modulator to run at any FM frequency. Pick one with weak competing signals (usually at the very top or bottom of the spectrum).

I am sure others would be able to confirm (or not) this is how it was done, other than that once I have time I will remove the stereo and have a look :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.