Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Car horn  (Read 1600 times)

Raymond

• Glasgow
    • View Profile
Car horn
« on: 19 May 2010, 22:27:31 »

I am finding the horn on the Omega to be a little Noddy like. I replaced my dads vectra horn a couple of years ago for a two tone horn. Is there a two-tone option for the Omega?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Car horn
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2010, 08:49:06 »

I am finding the horn on the Omega to be a little Noddy like. I replaced my dads vectra horn a couple of years ago for a two tone horn. Is there a two-tone option for the Omega?

Your horn should already be twin tone 400Hz & 500Hz, one appears to have failed.  :y

Simon72

• Intermediate Member
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2010, 09:36:22 »

Your horn should already be twin tone 400Hz & 500Hz, one appears to have failed.  :y

You will find you have one of the cheap small round horns on your Miggy.
I brought this subject up a few months ago and after looking at the horn (SINGLE ONE BY THE WAY) Got myself a set of twin horns off one of the members on here.
They just bolt straight on to the same bracket and the spare horn plug is already there, tie wrapped to the loom.

Here are a set on ebay..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-PAIR-HORN-HORNS-ELEC-PLUGS-/350112548778?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51845587aa

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2010, 10:22:58 »

and after looking at the horn (SINGLE ONE BY THE WAY)  ...... and the spare horn plug is already there, tie wrapped to the loom. ......

I'm by no means a 'horn expert' but the above would suggest to me, that some had been there before you. Even my crappy TD Astra LS  has twin tone horns the same as my Omega.  ;)

Simon72

• Intermediate Member
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2010, 22:44:42 »

and after looking at the horn (SINGLE ONE BY THE WAY)  ...... and the spare horn plug is already there, tie wrapped to the loom. ......

I'm by no means a 'horn expert' but the above would suggest to me, that some had been there before you. Even my crappy TD Astra LS  has twin tone horns the same as my Omega.  ;)

Can assure you NO-ONE has been there before me, car was brought BRAND NEW from dealer with delivery mileage and has been in family since that date, that is the horn it had from factory, still has only 42,000 miles on clock after 7 years of ownership.

This is the horn that mine HAD fitted behind infront of the passenger side front wheel...
And before you say it is the POWERSOUNDER horn I also have one of those fitted inside the skuttle plate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-POWER-SOUNDER-HORN-BRACKET-GEN-GM-/310182386557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item48384f9b7d

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2010, 23:06:23 »

Can assure you NO-ONE has been there before me, car was brought BRAND NEW from dealer with delivery mileage and has been in family since that date, that is the horn it had from factory, still has only 42,000 miles on clock after 7 years of ownership.

This is the horn that mine HAD fitted behind infront of the passenger side front wheel...
And before you say it is the POWERSOUNDER horn I also have one of those fitted inside the skuttle plate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-OPEL-OMEGA-POWER-SOUNDER-HORN-BRACKET-GEN-GM-/310182386557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item48384f9b7d

If you've put up with a farty horn all this time I'd leave as is then. Perhaps Vauxhall were having an economy drive when yours was built.  ::)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2010, 23:10:05 »

Rocking horse poo now, but get the horns from a Rover 800 series!

Thats a proper horn!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2010, 23:11:33 »

Elites had twin horns - yours ain't an Elite mate.  OPs is Elite - one has packed up - happened on my saloon.  Replaced pair and ok.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2010, 23:24:05 »

Elites had twin horns - yours ain't an Elite mate.  OPs is Elite - one has packed up - happened on my saloon.  Replaced pair and ok.

Perhaps someone thought my crappy LS Astra was an Elite too  ;D  ;D  ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2010, 23:28:18 »

Perhaps someone thought my crappy LS Astra was an Elite too  ;D  ;D  ;D

Postee was pretty adamant that NO-ONE has been there before him, car was brought BRAND NEW from dealer ... - just offering a possible reason Andy.

My partner had an old Astra Estate years ago and that had twin horns too!
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 May 2010, 23:30:41 »

Postee was pretty adamant that NO-ONE has been there before him, car was brought BRAND NEW from dealer ... - just offering a possible reason Andy.

He was!  :-?  :-?  :-?  :-?
Perhaps it was a personal vendetta against Simon!  ::)  ::)  ::)  ;)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #11 on: 20 May 2010, 23:51:48 »

He was!  :-?  :-?  :-?  :-?
Perhaps it was a personal vendetta against Simon!  ::)  ::)  ::)  ;)

Think Simon took exception to your "tone"  :) :) ;) Andy  ;D ;D :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 May 2010, 23:54:56 »

Think Simon took exception to your "tone"  :) :) ;) Andy  ;D ;D :y

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :y

Simon72

• Intermediate Member
  • Wolverhampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 May 2010, 01:04:55 »

Didn't want to start a WAR :-(

All I was trying to point out was that VX must have fitted some with a Pancake type horn and others with a twin cone horn...

P.S. I didn't put up with it for long...
When my dad passed away 4 months ago I inherited the car and once I heard how CRAP the horn was it was the first thing I canged on it ;-)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #14 on: 21 May 2010, 01:48:39 »

Didn't want to start a WAR :-(

All I was trying to point out was that VX must have fitted some with a Pancake type horn and others with a twin cone horn...

P.S. I didn't put up with it for long...
When my dad passed away 4 months ago I inherited the car and once I heard how CRAP the horn was it was the first thing I canged on it ;-)

You didn't mate - its just your odd SHOUTING that made me post  :o :-?

We were talking twin horns (2 horns) not a twin cone horn :-? ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.