Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cam timing  (Read 1096 times)

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
cam timing
« on: 01 August 2011, 16:13:51 »

Hi guys
           Been looking into trying to reduce my fuel consumption, so i went into looking at the valve timing, found that cams 3and 4 are out by a say lees then a tooth but not spot on, cams 1 and 2 spot on, car runs, bit lumpy, im unable to bring the cam spockets into line by turning the tensioners, tensioners turn until they are slack, have the dvd and cam timing kit and have followed the dvd to the letter, im just lost on the timing of the cams, don't fancy having to take belt of again as i found its a pig to get this over 3 and 4 cams, could someone tell me were i'm going wrong  :( :( , having to use old belt, tensiners which are wearing but belt is no more then 5000 miles old, as had the belt and tensioners replaced last year and have the old stuff to hand  :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: cam timing
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2011, 16:29:15 »

EDIT: I see you have the locking kit. :y

Assuming you have the proper kit but can't adjust the eccentric idler far enough to bring the timing into spec. then the belt has probably been fitted a tooth out. Are the markings on the belt still visible? If so, remove it and follow the DVD to re-install.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2011, 16:29:52 by Kevin_Wood »
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2011, 16:37:55 »

Hi
   yes mate, using cam timing gauge as in dvd, as i say its not a long way out by the gauge but its not spot on as with 1 and 2, ok i think its going to be a belt of again, just cannot work out why the cams will not turn into linement,  :-? , belt lines have gone, will put belt back by markings only with the tensioner mark straight on the line, thanks for coming back  :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2011, 17:05:20 »

You have something wrong if the idlers can go all around (Slack). I would suggest taking the belt back off putting the idlers into their position and starting a fresh  :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

blue_dream

• Wellingborough
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2011, 18:49:52 »

Hi mate
            Ok, i will, thanks  :y

jonathanh

• Omega Knight
  • coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2011, 13:11:34 »

can't remember if iti s in the DVD or not but it is easier to get the belt on if the crank is backed off by about 15 degrees.

In other words, feed the belt on with all the locks in place except the crank lock which is backed off 15 or so degrees.  when the belt is on then turn the crank to get the lock back into place.  The double check everything looks ok

parking near Birmingham airport for members with +250 posts.  PM for info

MutantCav

• Omega Baron
  • Gainsborough
  • Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for Breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Free Giffgaff Sim With £5 Free Credit
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2011, 21:44:52 »

Hi mate, slightly off topic but sent you a pm and not had a reply so thinking maybe its not got to you...or the reply hasn't got back...got your payment for the fog light but not got an address for you to send it to as it doesn't appear on gifts...soon as you can get me your addy I can get the fog light in the post to you...its packaged up and ready to go with your name on lol :y
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/tvpromo Get a free giffgaff sim running on O2 network
£5 free credit on first top-up
£5 gives you 60 mins, 300 texts & unltd calls and texts to anyone else on giffgaff
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.