Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bodywork question....  (Read 573 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Bodywork question....
« on: 05 September 2010, 21:44:42 »

The plastic strip under the headlight, facelift. This is bowed out, not like the other side, these may have recently been removed and refitted as I have not noticed this before the car went into the bodyshop. :-/ :-/

Is there a way of sorting this easily, can't seem to push it in, and don't want to break it. seems to be fitted correctly at the end that goes onto the headlamp, not sure how to get at the rest of the fittings for this.. ::)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Bodywork question....
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2010, 21:52:31 »

The plastic strip under the headlight, facelift. This is bowed out, not like the other side, these may have recently been removed and refitted as I have not noticed this before the car went into the bodyshop. :-/ :-/

Is there a way of sorting this easily, can't seem to push it in, and don't want to break it. seems to be fitted correctly at the end that goes onto the headlamp, not sure how to get at the rest of the fittings for this.. ::)
I think you have to unclip this strip to remove the headlight. It sounds like the body shop have got one of the fixing clips crooked. I'm guessing if you unclip it again the problem should be obvious.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2010, 21:53:02 »

If you open the bonnet you'll be able to see a screw which holds the trim in place. See if this is present. If so, take the screw out and remove the trim piece, there is a lug in the middle of the trim and some on the outside edge (indicator edge). It does seem as if people when refitting them don't get the lugs in properly. Once you open the bonnet it's very easy to spot how to take it out.
« Last Edit: 05 September 2010, 21:53:43 by joshwyatt »

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2010, 21:56:09 »

Instructions here  :y Removing an Omega Headlight.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 September 2010, 22:02:29 »

If you open the bonnet you'll be able to see a screw which holds the trim in place. See if this is present. If so, take the screw out and remove the trim piece, there is a lug in the middle of the trim and some on the outside edge (indicator edge). It does seem as if people when refitting them don't get the lugs in properly. Once you open the bonnet it's very easy to spot how to take it out.

Saw that, it is a black round plastic, I assume push in fixing, not a screw and the same on both sides. I will have another look tomorrow and try and pull it of and refit the trim. I guess if I break the lug / fitting I can always put a screw in then.  Thanks... :y

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 September 2010, 22:06:06 »

Instructions here  :y Removing an Omega Headlight.

Great thanks, I would have broken that plastic lug thing by forcing it out....... :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.