Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coolant Leak Issue.  (Read 459 times)

Ian Hall

• York
    • View Profile
Coolant Leak Issue.
« on: 18 July 2010, 22:26:48 »

I wonder if anyone would be able to help with an issue that has appeared on my 2001 dTi saloon.

When I got back from work last night, I noticed that where my car is parked at home there was a black mark on the tarmac under where the engine would be. It was 3am, so I parked in a different position and put it on the Sunday job list! :P

When I went out and had a look, I could see nothing obvious. However after a quick warm up drive I found that coolant was leaking from the front of the engine. I jacked the car up to have a good look, and this is where the leak seemed to be coming from: (Photo shows it after cleaning)

Whilst it was jacked up, I was unable to reproduce the leak but once I had dropped the car down a quick spin round the block had it dripping again. :'(

Any ideas what is causing the leak?

Thanks in advance.

Ian...

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Leak Issue.
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 09:24:38 »

Thats about where the water pump is........

Ian Hall

• York
    • View Profile
Re: Coolant Leak Issue.
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2010, 13:06:45 »

I thought exactly that too, but if i am right in thinking is the water pump not at the side of the engine (As that is where the inlet an outlet appear to be), or is it at the front?

Around what appear to be the inlet, and outlet pipes there was no sign of any leaking at all, it all appears to becoming from the vertical gasket seal at the front of the engine. As I don't know the layout of this angine, could that be the waterpump gasket seal (i.e. the water pump is at the front)?

Ian...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.