Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brakes pulling sharply to the left  (Read 1854 times)

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
  • Don't look behind you!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Brakes pulling sharply to the left
« Reply #15 on: 09 May 2010, 14:28:29 »

Ok, thanks mate. Are WIM quite good at getting you in quickly?
And I didn't really understand about the setting to vertical. Do you use the two bolts that connect the hub to the shock to adjust?
Thanks again.

feeutfo

« Reply #16 on: 09 May 2010, 14:34:22 »

Ok, thanks mate. Are WIM quite good at getting you in quickly?
And I didn't really understand about the setting to vertical. Do you use the two bolts that connect the hub to the shock to adjust?
Thanks again.

Yes, the holes in the shock bracket are ovalised to allow differant vertical settings.

Depends how busy they are, ring em first thing monday to book.

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2010, 14:40:59 »

also, how did you tighten the the wishbone bolts?

should be loose wheels loaded(car on the ground) then tighten to 120nm then angle tighten 30degrees then 15degrees. Maybe get wim to do this on the ramp or the wishbones bushes will fail early.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2010, 14:41:52 by chrisgixer »

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 May 2010, 14:52:12 »

Yeah, we nearly did that. We sort of raised the hub to where we thought it would be under weight and then tightened the bolts as tight as we could with a socket bar.
I'll call them first thing in the morning. Thanks very much for your help. It all makes a lot more sense now.

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 May 2010, 19:33:19 »

Ok, it's been in three times now. The guys at wheels in motion are spot on, really helpful and I've not got anything bad to say about the place.
But it's not sorted the problem. So now I'm thinking about replacing the track rod all the way across, the new steering idler, the arm that runs the steering, both wheel bearings and the front brake pads.
If I do that will that sort out my problem?
It's a bit different now that the geometry has been done. Steering wheel is now over to the right when the car is going straight and the brakes are still funny. Also feels like the right wheel is being forced right when steering tightly to the left and is almost grinding the tire along the road.
Bit fed up with it now but need to sell the car so have to get it sorted.
@ chrisgixer... you know that it says on your profile that you have a trade card..... :)

If anyone close to me thinks that they can take it and sort it out for a reasonable price then give me a shout and we can sort something out. Really need to get it sorted out now.
Cheers all.

feeutfo

« Reply #20 on: 16 May 2010, 20:04:34 »

yep, can meet you at a dealer with the card no problem. Slough burnham garage?

so does it have two wishbones the same now?

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 16 May 2010, 20:17:47 »

No, had to prioritize with money a little bit, and WIM said that I shouldn't bother. When they did the biz with the alignment machine they noticed that the bush on the new arm (the rear bush with the bolt that goes through vertically) was faulty and so I had to get that changed. Then when I left after that it was a bit better but still not right.
I took it back yesterday and they said there was collective play on the joints across the whole rod and so they loosened everything and set the wheels straight before tightening it all back up again.
It's all a bit better but not sorted. Forget to put the other arm on my list but getting short of money as I've had to put a tyre on now aswell.

feeutfo

« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2010, 20:46:48 »

No, had to prioritize with money a little bit, and WIM said that I shouldn't bother. When they did the biz with the alignment machine they noticed that the bush on the new arm (the rear bush with the bolt that goes through vertically) was faulty and so I had to get that changed. Then when I left after that it was a bit better but still not right.
I took it back yesterday and they said there was collective play on the joints across the whole rod and so they loosened everything and set the wheels straight before tightening it all back up again.
It's all a bit better but not sorted. Forget to put the other arm on my list but getting short of money as I've had to put a tyre on now aswell.
i've had the collective play story myself, bring it over lets have a look. I'll stick a jack in the car and meet you at the dealers if you like?

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 16 May 2010, 20:53:55 »

Sounds good. Can it wait until the weekend as I've run short of money now until Friday. If you PM me your number I'll give you a call and have a chat about it. Really appreciate your help mate.
K

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 May 2010, 20:55:20 »

I'm quite happy to bring it over to Reading if it's easier too.
 :y

feeutfo

« Reply #25 on: 16 May 2010, 21:41:08 »

sent a pm, but i think oof had a wobbler and deleted it, which may be just as well as i think i miss read your posts a bit, have you recieved it?

Risky Duckfeet

• High Wycombe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 May 2010, 21:59:17 »

Yeah got it thanks. Only just sent you one back as I think that I caught the same wobbler that you were talking about. Which bit did you miss read? Didn't notice anything odd in your PM.
« Last Edit: 16 May 2010, 22:01:12 by riskyduckfeet »

feeutfo

« Reply #27 on: 16 May 2010, 22:38:53 »

Yeah got it thanks. Only just sent you one back as I think that I caught the same wobbler that you were talking about. Which bit did you miss read? Didn't notice anything odd in your PM.

ah ok good, i'll leave it with you
 :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.