Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lock Issues  (Read 532 times)

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
Lock Issues
« on: 01 March 2010, 19:23:21 »

I had a lil issue getting into my car the other day. Did the same thing today. I pressed the button to unlock the car (had been deadlocked), all the pins came up, i open the OSR door, put me bag in, went to open OSF door but the door wouldnt open. The handle lifted up but nothing happened. I went in via the NSF door and pulled the interior door handle which didnt open the door either. It was as if the door was still locked. Even tho the pin was up. I locked and unlocked the car with the remote 3 or 4 times then managed to open the door. Its done this twice now. :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Lock Issues
« Reply #1 on: 01 March 2010, 19:24:53 »

I had a lil issue getting into my car the other day. Did the same thing today. I pressed the button to unlock the car (had been deadlocked), all the pins came up, i open the OSR door, put me bag in, went to open OSF door but the door wouldnt open. The handle lifted up but nothing happened. I went in via the NSF door and pulled the interior door handle which didnt open the door either. It was as if the door was still locked. Even tho the pin was up. I locked and unlocked the car with the remote 3 or 4 times then managed to open the door. Its done this twice now. :(

Lazy/dying central locking motor.  :y

omega1412

• Sunny Brighouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 March 2010, 19:37:53 »

ive got this problem on my 2.5 V6 on the r/o/s locked it 1 day went to unlock it and i wouldnt i couldnt even pull the pin up so took it to garage thay said the dead lock was jamed on and id never unlock it agen as i carnt get door card off

same thing happend to my 2.0 estate same door same problem

bin told the only way to fix it is to rip the rear seats out and cut the door card off
« Last Edit: 01 March 2010, 19:42:22 by skodas »

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 March 2010, 19:43:15 »

ive got this problem on my 2.6V6 on the r/o/s locked it 1 day went to unlock it and i wouldnt i couldnt even pull the pin up so took it to garage thay said the dead lock was jamed on and id never unlock it agen as i carnt get door card off

same thing happend to my 2.0 estate same door same problem

bin told the only way to fix it is to rip the rear seats out and cut the door card off

It's sometimes possible to help it along as you lock & unlock the rest of the doors. Catch it before it locks you out completely ....... he says with exactly the same problem on my driver's door, I've even got the 'new' motor to change it  ::)

omega1412

• Sunny Brighouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March 2010, 19:46:33 »

tryed that mate i think 1 sunny day ill hack away at the door card the only thing left

oceansoul

• Intermediate Member
  • Sunbury on Thames - Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2010, 19:46:56 »

Grr FFS more problems  >:(
Ill do it at the weekend then i guess. Is there a link to removing the door card? Facelift.

omega1412

• Sunny Brighouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2010, 19:51:08 »

door card is easy to remove unless u have manual windows in the back and can be a pain the handle is held on with a clip witch is not easy to get to
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.