Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oh, I really hate  (Read 1047 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Oh, I really hate
« on: 22 December 2007, 09:20:53 »

Play.com
Lying bastards  >:( - promised me, after their cock-up that the correct item would be dispatched yesterday.

Needless to say, not dispatched yet, the lazy tossers will not even say if it will be dispatched today.  Despite them cocking up twice, they will do nothing to try to speed up this order, or use a faster delivery service.

What is it with companies now?
Grumpy old man

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, I really hate
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2007, 09:29:28 »

Play.com
Lying bastards  >:( - promised me, after their cock-up that the correct item would be dispatched yesterday.

Needless to say, not dispatched yet, the lazy tossers will not even say if it will be dispatched today.  Despite them cocking up twice, they will do nothing to try to speed up this order, or use a faster delivery service.

Typical, probabaly of do with the time of year :-?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2007, 09:39:15 »

Play.com

Typical, probabaly of do with the time of year :-?
Typical online company.  Fine when things work, absolutely no interest in sorting out when it doesn't, and just feed you what you want to hear when you call to get you off the phone.

I always order in plenty of time (weeks) so as not to hit these issues.  Trouble is, companies like Play and Amazon this time of year frequently take over a week to post stuff, meaning if there is a cock up, you're stuffed, as all they'll do is reorder for you, and you're then at the back of the queue. Tossers.

Ebuyer is on Mrs TheBoy's hitlist.  She ordered some stuff, never arrived, turns out it got 'lost' in the warehouse. So she rang them yesterday, assurance that it would be overnight courier.  No, they've split the order, and posted some of it by RM 1st class this morning.  Last posting date for 1st class was Thursday.

I'm giving her a wide berth today as she is decidedly 'frosty'.

So, it looks like we now both have to go shopping Monday evening (have to wait in today for my Amazon parcel, on the offchance it may arrive, and I'm at work Monday, and we're out Sunday) because these tossers are useless and full of shit  >:(
« Last Edit: 22 December 2007, 09:40:02 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2007, 11:31:01 »

I actually blame PC World/Currys/Dixons.  If you could actually go get stuff at a decent price/service in the store like here in the states then the online stores would need to behave.  The western world is slowly but steadily moving to a service economy, and Europe including the UK seems to struggle with the concept of decent service pretty often.

I think that people do shopping trips to NY not just for the prices . . .  ;)
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

mark.adams

• Cambridgeshire
  • Happy
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2007, 11:32:39 »

Ebuyer is on Mrs TheBoy's hitlist.  She ordered some stuff, never arrived, turns out it got 'lost' in the warehouse. So she rang them yesterday, assurance that it would be overnight courier.  No, they've split the order, and posted some of it by RM 1st class this morning.  Last posting date for 1st class was Thursday

They used to be rather good until i had a few issues with them then i moved across to dabs.com, they've been good so far.
Omega 2.6 V6 Elite in Shiny Black

mark.adams

• Cambridgeshire
  • Happy
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2007, 11:36:35 »

The western world is slowly but steadily moving to a service economy, and Europe including the UK seems to struggle with the concept of decent service pretty often.

We used to have a good service record until the 'pile em high sell em cheap' philosophy caught up with the service sector, now everyone provides service based on price not on quality. I've worked in the service industry since mid 1980's and seen it decline, along with the salaries.
Its quite soul destroying to train a new guy to do what you do only to have him take over your job at half the salary and you end up out of work.
Omega 2.6 V6 Elite in Shiny Black

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2007, 11:57:22 »

Problem is, people don't seem to vote with their feet.

Plenty of companies are known to provide shoddy service yet thrive. Every time someone wants something, they forget the past and go with the cheapest / least effort option.

If companies don't suffer through their incompetence they won't change.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 December 2007, 12:01:55 »

Problem is, people don't seem to vote with their feet.

Plenty of companies are known to provide shoddy service yet thrive. Every time someone wants something, they forget the past and go with the cheapest / least effort option.

If companies don't suffer through their incompetence they won't change.

Kevin
Hence I don't buy Sony, and suggest that others don't.  Products are shockingly unreliable, and Sony UK are a faceless bunch of thieving bastards.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 December 2007, 12:04:16 »

Ebuyer is on Mrs TheBoy's hitlist.  She ordered some stuff, never arrived, turns out it got 'lost' in the warehouse. So she rang them yesterday, assurance that it would be overnight courier.  No, they've split the order, and posted some of it by RM 1st class this morning.  Last posting date for 1st class was Thursday

They used to be rather good until i had a few issues with them then i moved across to dabs.com, they've been good so far.
Dabs can be variable.  I've had orders cancelled without warning from them because stock levels were wrong, and only found out when I've called them.  Not had anything go wrong with with any order since they have been owned by BT, but I suspect that is more luck than anything....
Grumpy old man

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 December 2007, 12:29:54 »

Dabs can be variable.  I've had orders cancelled without warning from them because stock levels were wrong, and only found out when I've called them.  Not had anything go wrong with with any order since they have been owned by BT, but I suspect that is more luck than anything....
Guess who delivers for them as well as Amazon. :y
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.