Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: rather bar steward  (Read 1279 times)

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
rather bar steward
« on: 24 November 2007, 23:44:18 »

oh what a day i dad yesterday,you will luv this.ok i better start last weekend i went to kirkaldy breakers it was closed but the guy there said come back tomorow as i seen an omega with projectors. so early on monday i went back to be told the car had not been prepared and to come back, so i phoned all week and yesterday when i phoned they said yes its ready so hopped in my car and drove over. went to the office when i got there and the girl said oh yeah just go down there and ask for xxxx which i did he just said oh right climb up and get them. so up i went and removed them they looked great not a mark on them, but when i removed the second one i heard a rattle. yes the adjusters where gone on both of them.then the boss came down and started shouting at me for talking them off he said no one was allowed down there and thet he had already sold the whole front end off that car. i said to he told me to come back for them on monday, he said no i meant the other one, which one ? the one up the yard he said i thought bet its a old 2.0 with nothing for me.well when i seen it ml eyes lit upit was an elite with with leather solid head rests but the lights where xeon and i heard they where to hard to retro fit.so i started of by getting all the relays to see if i could solve my fan problem. by this time iwas getting hungry so paid the nice man five pounds then i asked if he would split the leather and he said yes 25 each front and 25or 30 for the back.so i said i would pop to the van for food then come back. so when i got back i thought great i will get those bose out the back great grey same as mine but the guys where crushing cars back there so i asked one of them if they could move it for me so i could get all the goddies off it i was giong to take the leather aswell as it looked newer than mine could only see i 5 mil slight tear on the piping of the drivers seat.then the bomb shell the guy said no we are away to crush it, i said hold on the boss said he would sell me the leather. so i went to see him and he just said they have to crush somany a day. i pleaded withm saying i no a lot of people that would be intrested for all the good bits on it.with no response so i went back up and started getting the bose out then another guy bringe another car up and said you cant work there as i was to close to them i asked him to just give me two minutes he said no. so i went back to start, then he told the guys to crush it ,i could not watch,i was not happy they have hundreds of cars there that hae been there for years so why did they have to crush that one......
driving home i was boilling as that was my third time over there and still no lights.
then i started to wonder why did they have to crush it it makes no sense as i could have gave them a lot of cash for all the bits i wanted and they could have crushed an old heap instead and made hundreds,,, then i thought wy did it have no reg on it ????
there was a reg on the back seat that i put on the floor when i was inspection the leather. there was no signs of a crash as all panels where ok as i can rember apart where they put the chains through to lift it  dose this seem to strange or is it just my bad mind???? i did see the service book in the car but never noticed the reg. but was a mini face lift blue/grey colour .
have you lost an omega.
could this be yours.
top spec elite.
R.I.P.
  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
« Last Edit: 24 November 2007, 23:45:11 by raximax »
mmeeggaa

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
Re: rather bar steward
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2007, 08:19:48 »

these scrappers are getting to be a bunch of lazy prats, i recently went to one for a few bits for the missu's car and they couldn't be arsed to leave the tea room. yet they were suspicious of me having a rummage!
eventually i stated that i had my own tools and could strip stuff myself and they let me amongst them. i removed about 3 window winders (to see what one would fit) and a couple of bulbs.
when i returned to the layabouts and told them what i had, they asked for £25 ! -saying it was their minimum ! so they got the bits back with a hail of abuse.  That goes for every scrappy around my way, all the same they just cannot be bothered to move off of their oil stained settee to strip off a part- therefore lose a sale!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

STMO123

« Reply #2 on: 25 November 2007, 09:19:52 »

I used to go to scrapyards all the time in Liverpool. In most of them the parts were stripped, cleaned ans arranged in order on shelving units. Just like the supermarket really.

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2007, 10:23:43 »

Sounds like they had something to hide - do you remember the reg. PM H21 with it.

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November 2007, 12:32:29 »

no i never thought about till i was on my way home, unless its on the relay box cover or headrests i would love to see him charged and loose his licence :y
mmeeggaa

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 25 November 2007, 15:05:20 »

I used to go to scrapyards all the time in Liverpool. In most of them the parts were stripped, cleaned ans arranged in order on shelving units. Just like the supermarket really.

Same here everything stripped and ready for one happy buyer..But for omega parts are half price  new and dont stay on the shelves long..

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25 November 2007, 23:37:46 »

No Omega scrappies round here... in fact no scrappies round here at all... just some over-priced Vx dealers.  :(
Alas, no more Omegas....

Golfbuddy

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
  • I'm On An Economy Drive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 November 2007, 10:17:37 »

AKA Asda's carpark.  ;)
[size=24]        [/size][/b]

colalowe

• Poole Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 November 2007, 10:26:44 »

could it have been a car impounded and earmarked for crushing by the police??

in that case the scrappers would not have been able to sell anything off the car?

Just a thought, could be wrong. ::)

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 November 2007, 15:08:52 »

well never seen a sticker as you do but could be. but he was going to sell me the lights.
mmeeggaa

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 November 2007, 22:44:23 »

well i will have to go back in the morning for my tool as i left them  :-/  :-?  :-/and see if they have something else i cant get bits off...
mmeeggaa

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 November 2007, 22:48:48 »

Henry Grays, perchance?

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 November 2007, 22:52:42 »

no the big one is it randofls oh i seen an x5 and a 535 when i was going home last sunday oh and a cammera van, so i was good ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 26 November 2007, 22:53:01 by raximax »
mmeeggaa

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 November 2007, 22:59:56 »

Grays, Nobles, Randolph Auto salvage.....  Nikkis has come and gone now...

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 November 2007, 23:01:40 »

what  Nikkis has come and gone now... :question :-/ :-/ :-/
mmeeggaa
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.