Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alloy wheels & PCD conversion  (Read 666 times)

SJKOO01

Alloy wheels & PCD conversion
« on: 04 April 2009, 16:09:58 »

Hi all.

I've got factory CD spec 5-spoke 16" alloy's on my car at the moment, and I have been thinking of upgrading to the 18" aftermarket alloys, or maybe getting Mig Elite 17" one.

I know the Omega as an unusual 5x110 pcd patten, but it does seam to cut down on the choice of wheels, as it doesn't seem to be a popular pcd !!.
I did have an idea, and have been thinking of perhaps getting an engineer to re-drill a set of Omega hubs to a more popular pcd, making the choice of after market / other manufacture wheels that little bit better.

I know that Demon Tweeks do a stud conversion kit (pair) for BMW and Merc wheels, but that seams way expensive way in order to put on other style of wheels. Plus as being conversion adapters, they'll act like spacers, which means you end up messing about too much with getting wheels with the right ET's taking into account the adapters  :-? :-? .

Has anyone out there converted to either aftermarket wheels of 18" or above, or Elite wheels, and does it make the ride / handling go all to pieces ?.

Anyone have any thoughts on the above please ?.

M  :)

Richard148

• solihull. w,mids
    • View Profile
Re: Alloy wheels & PCD conversion
« Reply #1 on: 04 April 2009, 23:28:09 »

I'm  rolling on 235/40/18s its the best thing i ever did it makes the car feel the road more and less like being in a boat I'm using 20mm spacers all round and that makes for a better look there is no rubbing on these either but the spacers where needed to stop rubbing on the dampers :y :y :y

to have some custom precision machining done will cost you i work for an engineering company that make parts for the weapon systems on the euro fighter so i cant help you there as the cnc machines are all pre set programs running

if you do go for custom go to a small local machine shop and see if they will who knows you may be lucky
especially if you have all dimensions finish and tolerances drawn up of what you want and the material to be used it will need to be more than just a quick sketch on a note pad though :y

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 April 2009, 00:20:28 »

There are a few on here mate that have made the leap to other size's of rim's 17",18",19" and even 20".
I have had 17" on mine and now got 18".
You can see mine on this thread.
ftp://Omega Owners Forum › General Omega Chat › Vauxhall Omega Gallery › Babys new rim

SJKOO01

« Reply #3 on: 07 April 2009, 18:00:07 »

Thanks chaps.

Obviously upgrading makes all the difference. As yes at the moment it feels like a boat !.
Can understand why they uprated/lowered suspension and put 17" wheels on the MV6 !.

As it is, I do know of an engineering company that could possible do the job, probably plenty of beer money for them and their be happy enough.

Let you know how I get on.

Thanks for answering  :y

M

Bigger wheels here I come  :D

Richard148

• solihull. w,mids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2009, 00:16:27 »

Thanks chaps.

Obviously upgrading makes all the difference. As yes at the moment it feels like a boat !.
Can understand why they uprated/lowered suspension and put 17" wheels on the MV6 !.

As it is, I do know of an engineering company that could possible do the job, probably plenty of beer money for them and their be happy enough.

Let you know how I get on.

Thanks for answering  :y

M

Bigger wheels here I come  :D
happy dayz :y :y :y :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.