Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Learn Something New Everyday  (Read 1348 times)

carper

• Yorkshire - Hecky
    • View Profile
You Learn Something New Everyday
« on: 16 October 2007, 09:38:18 »

Well, it appears that, I've broken the rules on the bay. Infact, to be exact, this one .........eBay Listing Removed: Inappropriate Seller Terms (=LS &12362 JM151849020).
I've decided to sell my hand held scanner as I no longer use it, (Yupiteru MVT-7100 Multiband Reciever/Scanner), but in my description, because it is also advertised in the local ads, I can't use the term...... "advertised locally, so I reserve the right to end auction early".
How many times do you read that on the bay  ::) so therefore I received this.........

We appreciate that you chose eBay to list the following auction-style listing(s):

200162666928 - Yupiteru MVT-7100 Multiband Reciever/Scanner

However, your listing was in breach of eBay's Inappropriate Seller Terms policy and has been removed from eBay. All fees related to this listing have been credited to your account. We also notified members who placed bids on the item that the listing has
been canceled.

We would like to take this opportunity to let you know what part of your listing is not permitted.

Your listing(s) contains the following information:

advertised locally, so I reserve the right to end auction early.

Any terms that contradict the eBay User Agreement or that inadvertently breach eBay listing policies are not permitted in listings.

The eBay User Agreement states that you may not fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the listing terms, or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you relist this, or any other item that breaches eBay policy, your eBay privileges could be suspended. We value you as a member of our community and wish to continue this relationship, so we must ask you to refrain from further breaches of the User Agreement and eBay policy.

Please review eBay's Listing Policies and User Agreement at the following locations:

I've asked them whats the difference between me stating the above for a scanner, and stating the above for a car or anything else for sale  ::)  no reply as yet, so it looks like I dont have the right to remove it from the bay if it's sold locally.

Martin_1962

Re: You Learn Something New Everyday
« Reply #1 on: 16 October 2007, 11:13:48 »

I have had auctions pulled for piracy because of the term DVD-R, I complained no answer, relisted and they sold.

Why can't I mention what media was used!!!! >:(

Just take it off as unavailable.

Ebay stink!

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 October 2007, 12:30:53 »

I recently got some DVD's of a plastering course. They turned out to be copies, and when it came to leave feedback I discover that the person has made his feedback private so it can't be read. A joke indeed.
Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 October 2007, 17:03:21 »

In fairness to ebay, they are trying to cut down on the number of dodgy auctions, and the thing in this case is the implication you will pull the auction if it fails to meet the price you want...
Grumpy old man

Paulus

• Wheaton Aston
  • Are you lookin' at me??? Punk???
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 October 2007, 17:06:36 »

Just leave off the "advertised elsewhere" part. If you do sell it outside of ebay, then just cancel the ad. They can't leave feedback for something that they haven't bought.  ;)
Growing old disgracefully...

carper

• Yorkshire - Hecky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16 October 2007, 17:35:34 »

In fairness to ebay, they are trying to cut down on the number of dodgy auctions, and the thing in this case is the implication you will pull the auction if it fails to meet the price you want...

Not at all, thats why I use the "Reserve" feature  ;)

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16 October 2007, 17:58:54 »

I listed a phone on ebay the other day, completely honestly and genuine, i have 100% feedback, and some guy buys it and asks where to send payment, i give him my address and he responds with "how do i know you'll send me the phone?"

::) what can ya do??!

Paulus

• Wheaton Aston
  • Are you lookin' at me??? Punk???
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October 2007, 07:41:14 »

If they pay you through PayPal, then they are usualy insured against non-delivery of items to the value of £250. That should put their mind at ease.

Paul.
Growing old disgracefully...

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 October 2007, 12:57:48 »

One problem with Ebay is the anonimity. A fair number of times I have come to pay for something, only to see 'payment address not on file'. In other words you are sending money to someone via an email address and that's all you have. Paypal protection, doesn't cover non ebay payments, and with ebay payments it is limited. Paypal is trying to act like a credit card, which it isn't. I believe the person is better covered by sending a cheque, cause if nothing arrives, he can start a claim in the small claims court and he has a name/address to use. If you use bank transfer or Paypal and they decide not to cover your claim, you are stuck. Banks and Paypal will not divulge the persons details unless its required by the Police, who I understand will not investigate small amounts, only up in the several hundred. Fair enough, if they looked at every £15 bad deal, they would never have time to do anything else. Case in point, I recently bought a faulty laptop for parts and paid via paypal. I had a name, but the paypal payment went to someone else. Before payment, communication was good, he said it would be sent out Mon, so I should get it by Wed at the latest. Come Fri nothing had arrived, he did not respond to emails or the phone number he gave. I was basically stuck. I managed to track down his address, but that was just luck. However the unit arrived on Sat, so it worked out in the end. Thats the trouble with Ebay and emails, you never really know who is on the other end.
Ken

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 October 2007, 13:30:56 »

Ebay and Paypal are a law unto themselves. Their terms and conditions allow any dispute to be resolved arbitrarily by their choosing whatever solution suits them best, regardless of any other parties involved.

The choice you have is, unfortunately, not to use them or to put up. They have no competition and are not regulated and unless either of those factors change they will remain set up entirely to suit their own interests.

I personally wouldn't involve Ebay or Paypal in a payment worth more then beer money. That way, if they screw up, the most I'll be is a bit narked off. Their loss, not mine.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2007, 15:17:49 »

Ebay and Paypal are a law unto themselves. Their terms and conditions allow any dispute to be resolved arbitrarily by their choosing whatever solution suits them best, regardless of any other parties involved

too right, i completely lost my paypal account after recieving $700 from an american credit card scammer, paypal saw in his favour

Grumpy

• Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 October 2007, 15:25:50 »

http://paypalsucks.com/

Don't know if any of you have read the above link before.
Worth a read to see what tricks they get up to if you haven't.

ians

• Omega Baron
  • Reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 October 2007, 15:27:09 »

I've asked them whats the difference between me stating the above for a scanner, and stating the above for a car or anything else for sale  ::)  no reply as yet, so it looks like I dont have the right to remove it from the bay if it's sold locally.

You are absolutely right - you see that all the time.  Maybe they only pursue it if someone complains?

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17 October 2007, 20:06:54 »

http://paypalsucks.com/

Don't know if any of you have read the above link before.
Worth a read to see what tricks they get up to if you haven't.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear....... Make me wonder if I 'll ever use Paypal again.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.