Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: wishbones  (Read 2311 times)

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: wishbones
« Reply #15 on: 02 February 2008, 00:19:57 »

My VSC wishbones only lasted 8k miles...

Ouch.... not sure I feel like fitting mine now...  :'(

How did they go? The bushes? Also, VSC are quoting 1-year warranty, did you try claiming on it?

Alas, no more Omegas....

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 February 2008, 14:47:37 »

One of the rear vertical bushes tore. I didn't bother claiming I figure they'd say I had hit a kerb (which I certainly did not).

Markjay

• Omega Lord
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 February 2008, 15:32:21 »

One of the rear vertical bushes tore. I didn't bother claiming I figure they'd say I had hit a kerb (which I certainly did not).

Incidentally, did you fit them yourself, or did a garage fit them?

« Last Edit: 02 February 2008, 15:32:47 by markjay »
Alas, no more Omegas....

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 February 2008, 17:42:50 »

Fitted them myself and torqued up with the wheels on the ground (although that only really affects the horizontal bushes).

Having done it once the second time wasn't too bad at all.

I leave the strut attached to the knuckle so I don't disturb the camber. Full geometry after both wishbone changes and camber still spot on.

The knack is to get the wishbone in as horizontal as possible then get the balljoint on. A bit fiddly and a definite knack.

jb

• bucks
    • 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 February 2008, 08:11:11 »

After 400k in various senator/omega the best wishbones are Lemforder(EURO CAR PARTS/AUTOVAUX AT 50 EACH)WHICH ARE SAME AS OE AND WILL GIVE 100K)All others inc febi much inferior in terms of life and steering response.For 50 quid more than cheapo arms its well worth it.........

Ironingboard

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 February 2008, 11:59:32 »

Totally agree with you JB, all the parts I now buy for my Omega are from Eurocar Parts. They give you a choice of cheap or expensive, with the expensive parts being OE ones.

All the markings on the VX wishbone bushes are from Boge with the balljoints being Lemforder. I orginally bought my wishbones from Autovaux who said they were OE ones, same as the expensive Eurocar Parts options. Which I believe when I compared them with the original ones I replaced on my Omega.

I would highly recommend the expensive Eurocar Part versions or Autovaux for your wishbones or other suspension parts. Would never buy eBay versions or especially from VSC on eBay. I bought a steering control arm from VSC on eBay for £30. The rubber seals on the track control arms started breaking down after 1 week of use, never used any cleaning chemicals or anything that would break down the rubber.

After 4 months I’m still waiting for a refund from VSC, keep stalling me saying that their waiting for the suppliers to refund them. They complained that the threads were butchered, even although it was me who fitted and removed them. I guess paint on the threads could be seen as butchered to some. Never again it’s not worth the hassle.

HerefordElite

• Omega Knight
  • Hereford
  • Welcome to the Shire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 February 2008, 12:10:06 »

sound advice i guess as everything else in life - you pays your money and you takes your choice ::)
Nova SR, MKII Cav Sri130, MKII Astra GTE16v, Omega 3.0V6 Elite, Silver Cross Sleepover Classic
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.