Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x20xev fault codes HELP  (Read 2467 times)

Knightfal

• View Profile
x20xev fault codes HELP
« on: 29 May 2007, 13:23:50 »

Hi all.

This is my first post here.

I have a Omega 1995, 2.0 x20xev and my engine managment light.
I used the paper clip and got this error codes:

56 Idle air control Voltage high
21 Throttle position sensor (TPS) Voltage high
62 Fuel tank vent valve Voltage high
71 Intake air temperature sensor Voltage high
92 Camshaft sensor Incorrect signal

The Camshaft sensor I changed 6 months ago.
But why are all the errors Voltage high?
Anyone that can help me how to solve this errors? PLEASE! :)

What is error 62 and 71? The 71 is this the sensor on the hose after the airfilter box before the air sensor?

Thx alot

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: x20xev fault codes HELP
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2007, 14:02:40 »

Hmm all those codes point to a switching issue to me.

Have you checked the obvious first.
Are all the earths good and solid?
Are all the fuses under the bonnet ok.

I suspect they are ok, and this is actually a relay stuck open but the checks need to be done.

I need to investigate what controls this area....
The Administrator.

Knightfal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2007, 14:11:29 »

I have checked the grounds and it seems all ok. I have also checked all the fueses and they are all ok.
I also think that all of this errors comes from one thing, but not sure where or what.

Thx

Hmm all those codes point to a switching issue to me.

Have you checked the obvious first.
Are all the earths good and solid?
Are all the fuses under the bonnet ok.

I suspect they are ok, and this is actually a relay stuck open but the checks need to be done.

I need to investigate what controls this area....

Abiton

« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2007, 18:13:09 »

I'd check with paperclip again, and see if you get the same codes. Sounds improbable to me that all these things are really faulty. Much more likely a fault within the ECU meaning that the voltage it's using as a reference is incorrect. If you get a different set of codes you could probably be sure it's something more 'general'. Is the car actually misbehaving in any way?

Could it even be that your alternator is putting out the wrong voltage? I would have thought the ECU would be able to spot that though!

Knightfal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 May 2007, 18:38:03 »

I checked it two times, even after the batteri had been disconnected for 30min.
No, the car runs ok, sometimes it misfires, but that's a long time ago now.
I have before been to Opel and reset the ECU, but the faults still comes back  :(
I will messure the alternator tomorrow.

I'd check with paperclip again, and see if you get the same codes. Sounds improbable to me that all these things are really faulty. Much more likely a fault within the ECU meaning that the voltage it's using as a reference is incorrect. If you get a different set of codes you could probably be sure it's something more 'general'. Is the car actually misbehaving in any way?

Could it even be that your alternator is putting out the wrong voltage? I would have thought the ECU would be able to spot that though!

Knightfal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2007, 18:57:10 »

Hi.

After two days with the batteri off, I still have the error msg. :(
Messured over the batteri when the car is running I have 14.07 volt.

Any ide?

Help :(

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2007, 19:56:31 »

Alternator and regulator are fine if you have 14V when running.

I'd go for a bad ground point somewhere. If any look corroded undo them, clean up and put back on.

Knightfal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2007, 11:01:50 »

Oki, any good ide where to look?
I have put on a extra ground cabel from the batteri to the chassie to be sure.
Maybe the ground on the alternater or something like that?

Thx guys

Alternator and regulator are fine if you have 14V when running.

I'd go for a bad ground point somewhere. If any look corroded undo them, clean up and put back on.

Craig_R

• Omega Knight
  • Watford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2007, 11:22:41 »

I hope you track down your problem and sort it mate.

I had the same thing did not really know about meega when i bought mine and the numpty i bought it off had removed the EML bulb nice chaps on here put me stright and i changed it like yourself lucky for me the codes were only a lambda sensor than needed changing, air in take temp sensor and the EML bulb missing code, i guess i was lucky still cost me over 110 pounds in sensors Grrrrr >:(

Craig
Mod's
LPG, MV6 Dark Grey Leather, Carputer, Euro Grill, Rear Sun Blind,  Auto Dip Mirror, Cruise Control, AMP for Carputer
[To be Fitted]Reverse Sensors

JasonH

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2007, 12:46:36 »

On the V6's there's a little cluster of ground connections at the back of one of the cylinder heads - well hidden.

Maybe something similar on the 2.0's.

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2007, 12:56:12 »

forgive the questions, I've not thoroughly read this thread. But a few ideas:

How is the engine behaving, and unusual symptoms?

Measure the battery voltage with a multimeter (cheap from Machine-mart), with the engine off, and then with the engine running. Blip the throttle, and see if there is a slight increase in Vs.

Check that the battery to engine and battery to body earths are all good. Believe one connects directly under the battery tray, and one near the PAS pump (This is on the V6, but can't see it being that different)

On the 2.0, there are three brown 0v connections coming out of the loom, in the injector rail area, near the front of the engine. Check these are all good, and trace them back for consistency.

Pop off the cable tray at the front, looking for any split/damaged wires.

There are three round connectors by the battery tray, they twist off. They are (from memory) white, blue and black? (stand to be corrected). Take each one off (bit fiddly sometimes) and re-seat it. Then pull back the rubber bit above each one to expose the wires - you're looking again for damage. Then look at the bottom part of the connector, are the wires all ok?

If you can get access to a Tech2 or something that can reset the fault codes, that would be wise - then you will only see the present codes. (leaving battery off won't clear them, because they're stored in non volatile memory.)

Post up after that little lot, and let us know how it goes. :)

Knightfal

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2007, 14:46:23 »

I have now checked all the things and everything looks ok.
The engine is behaving good. So nothing wrong now, had some missfiring a couple a months ago, but that went away.
So I will go to my local Opel dealer and reset it. And see if the error msg comes back.

Thx, will report back :)

forgive the questions, I've not thoroughly read this thread. But a few ideas:

How is the engine behaving, and unusual symptoms?

Measure the battery voltage with a multimeter (cheap from Machine-mart), with the engine off, and then with the engine running. Blip the throttle, and see if there is a slight increase in Vs.

Check that the battery to engine and battery to body earths are all good. Believe one connects directly under the battery tray, and one near the PAS pump (This is on the V6, but can't see it being that different)

On the 2.0, there are three brown 0v connections coming out of the loom, in the injector rail area, near the front of the engine. Check these are all good, and trace them back for consistency.

Pop off the cable tray at the front, looking for any split/damaged wires.

There are three round connectors by the battery tray, they twist off. They are (from memory) white, blue and black? (stand to be corrected). Take each one off (bit fiddly sometimes) and re-seat it. Then pull back the rubber bit above each one to expose the wires - you're looking again for damage. Then look at the bottom part of the connector, are the wires all ok?

If you can get access to a Tech2 or something that can reset the fault codes, that would be wise - then you will only see the present codes. (leaving battery off won't clear them, because they're stored in non volatile memory.)

Post up after that little lot, and let us know how it goes. :)
« Last Edit: 02 June 2007, 17:41:45 by Knightfal »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.