Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: my new omega.  (Read 2630 times)

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
my new omega.
« on: 12 June 2011, 22:32:40 »

here tis, ok its totaly standard, and it was raining, so i just grabbed couple pics from fone as i walked in door.
here they are, will get some better ones shortly.
Id like to change the grill to irmsher one, small boot spoiler, maybe side skirts? if they are avalible enough, and the wheels arnt great, so some larger vx ones i think.

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
Re: my new omega.
« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2011, 22:35:53 »

Looks a near minter - very nice (but, er, do change those alloys!) ;D

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2011, 22:41:29 »

yeh need to decide on wheels once ive done the other little things, kinda want some darker wheels with dish...

im waitin to see it dry tbh, couldnt find anything on paint, but was pissing down, i know your not ment to buy a car in the rain, however as i was trading a used to be black fiat it was better for me haha.  (hopes karma isnt listening)

need to look around other omegas get some ideas of what i like. subtle mostly!  and it is the runaround/tow car

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2011, 22:50:24 »

Is that your Alfa too?

I think that model is gorgeous.... :)

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2011, 22:56:50 »

yeh, i love it lots lol only had it couple months, just love driving it, but dont like puttin my dogs in it, or using it around the country lanes so much, hence omega!
alfa is sexified pretty damn quick for a heavy diesel too! 170hp and i can still get 50mpg.. (unless i drive it like it should be driven)
i actualy think the omega, for a car thats basicly a facelifted 16? year old design, still looks pretty good against the alfa. ive never understood why they are so cheap. decent cars for the money!

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2011, 23:02:20 »

You're right there, ninjaP.

Badge snobbery and a (largely undeserved) dubious reliability reputation accounts for much of the current S/H Omega price, with the larger engined variants suffering most.

But, like all of the rest of us on here, you clearly have an eye for a for a very underrated and very rewarding car to own and drive, and because they're basically as cheap as chips, bangs per buck value must be unsurpassed by any other comparable car.

I love mine, and I won't be selling it any day soon!
Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.... :)

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2011, 23:19:03 »

Badge snobbery and a (largely undeserved) dubious reliability reputation accounts for much of the current S/H Omega price, with the larger engined variants suffering most.

But, like all of the rest of us on here, you clearly have an eye for a for a very underrated and very rewarding car to own and drive, and because they're basically as cheap as chips, bangs per buck value must be unsurpassed by any other comparable car.

I think i paid more for my 1st about 5 years ago, which was a 96 cd 2.5 with 160k miles lol was lovely car, alwys wanted a elite since then, but as it was ment to be a run around that would be going to far lol, i actualy swaped a 98 fiat cinq sporting in for this! im in the sticks so have to drive everywhere shops etc, and to be fair this was much better then anything else id looked at. one omega 2.6 i looked at same price, when i started it up (at a dealer) it pumped out sooo much smoke i couldnt stop laughing, proper blue smoke! hadnt done too many miles tho, body was fairly scuffed about. and a couple vectras, a 2.2CD auto, i was told it was the best vectra i would find for that money, totaly mint, after 40 mile drive it was anything but mint!

ive had far far too many cars, and always thought the omega was a nice looking car that drives damn well, love the underdog!
with a few tweeks it should last me a while tho. thinking mv6 wheels? but not seen a facelift with them on yet.

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2011, 08:54:12 »

thinking mv6 wheels? but not seen a facelift with them on yet.

IMO, that's the right way to go. Stick to OE wheels, not aftermarket alloys. Many on here will argue with that, but I just think that, in the main, the OE wheels suit the car better, and avoid that sort of pseudo street racer look that aftermarkets seem to give this car.
OE MV6 or Elite F/L alloys all the time  :y I personally prefer the earlier F/L design (dished five spoke) than those that went on the later cars, but thats only my opinion.
They fairly often come up for sale on here so keep your eyes peeled!  ;)

x25dt

• Omega Knight
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2011, 12:15:54 »

Looks in mint condition :y

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2011, 12:22:08 »

Love the colour, looks very nice  :y
AKA - Mr Bracket

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 June 2011, 12:51:32 »

its def the early style mv6 wheels i want, i mostly drive around country roads, so im thinking of some slightly lower springs and some bilstiens, did the mv6 have anything differant suspension wise?
just had a proper look at the paint now its dry  ;D
its pretty good, nothing big at all, some very light scratches, i think if it was mopped over it would be almost mint tbh.
i do have a buffer i bought, however ive never actualy used it haha, i may have to practice on a older car, then try some G3 on it. very presentible tho and totaly fine for a 10 year old car!
so still loving it! :)

unless there is any members into detailing?

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 June 2011, 14:30:44 »

its def the early style mv6 wheels i want, i mostly drive around country roads, so im thinking of some slightly lower springs and some bilstiens, did the mv6 have anything differant suspension wise?
just had a proper look at the paint now its dry  ;D
its pretty good, nothing big at all, some very light scratches, i think if it was mopped over it would be almost mint tbh.
i do have a buffer i bought, however ive never actualy used it haha, i may have to practice on a older car, then try some G3 on it. very presentible tho and totaly fine for a 10 year old car!
so still loving it! :)

unless there is any members into detailing?
Depending on the state of the roads you might be better off with chocolate "wagon wheels" ;D
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

ninjapirate

• dummer. hants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 June 2011, 15:11:41 »

lol, i just went for a quick drive around first time since i picked it up in the rain, kinda like the bouncy bouncy haha maybe just some decent shocks...
now the seat works and i dont have to lean down to see out, it feels loads bigger haha  i seem to be driving like grandad for some reason..  ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 June 2011, 15:17:17 »

MV6 had slightly lowered and firmer suspension. It makes for a much less wallowy car at the expense of a very slightly firmer ride. Recommended, IMHO.

Just wondering if it'd work on a 4 pot. Maybe a little lighter at the front end? Then again, I think the "Sport" model was a 4 pot with "lowered sports chassis", so it's been done officially.

At least it's the correct colour. ;)

Go easy with the paintwork. I'd be inclined to see what a thorough clean and wax does before cracking out the G3.

Early (pre-facelift) MV6 alloys were very soft, as said, to the point that it's difficult to find a decent set. :'(

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

N61AOP

• Radstock, Somerset
    • Astra SRi Sports Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 June 2011, 15:42:05 »

That doesn't look like standard CD wheels to me. Lovely looking car though  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.