Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3465939 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Yaris Cross
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #26655 on: 21 August 2024, 22:29:18 »

Read the handbook for the Toyota from cover to cover, brilliant technology but a lot of the things we will probably never use, reversing camera is excellent as I reverse this car into our garage makes it very simple indeed.
Could have done with one of those the other day due to an intransigent arsehole van driver. (See 'what has pissed you off' thread.)  :)

Never had one before but I like it, SWMBO has no excuse now , she once borrowed a Mazda I had a few years ago when it was only a couple of months old and reversed it straight into a metal bollard leaving a lovely crease right down the middle of the tailgate.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26656 on: 23 August 2024, 09:49:17 »

reversing camera
Handy for reversing out of parking spaces as well, as it has a clearer view around adjacent cars.  Although I rarely use mine, its one of those "gimmicks" I'd always want now.
Grumpy old man

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26657 on: 23 August 2024, 10:06:46 »

Got the Yeti MOTed fine apart from the cracked screen that I cant get done till next week, bloody 3 week wait to get it done on insurance.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26658 on: 24 August 2024, 20:11:36 »

On Thursday fitted n/s front wheel bearing on a Golf Mk IV belonging to one of my granddaughters. Was going to fit a new driveshaft to the same side too,the cv boot is split and while there doesn't seem anything else wrong with it her boyfriend has convinced her it would be easier to change the shaft rather than replace the boot,however she believed them when E-bay chart said "this fits your car" only it doesn't[I've told her no end of times before ordering always to check with the seller but she didn't]so now got to wait until correct one arrives.Then yesterday[Friday]had my V70 in for MoT which passed albeit with a couple of advisories.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 3.2 Elite sal & est x3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26659 on: 25 August 2024, 01:57:51 »

reversing camera
Handy for reversing out of parking spaces as well, as it has a clearer view around adjacent cars.  Although I rarely use mine, its one of those "gimmicks" I'd always want now.

My Hyundai Santa Fe Endurance has 'rear cross traffic alert', that warns of approaching traffic from either side when reversing which I personally find very useful whilst manoeuvring off my drive. One side has a hedge that restricts the view of approaching traffic, and idiots that park half on the footpath right up to the edge of our drive restricts the view the other way. It's saved an embarrsing manoeuvre whilst reversinng on a couple of occasions....
Some may argue that I should reverse onto my drive....in an ideal  world, yes, but......
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite saloon & estate

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26660 on: 25 August 2024, 09:01:48 »

reversing camera

My Hyundai Santa Fe Endurance has 'rear cross traffic alert', that warns of approaching traffic from either side when reversing which I personally find very useful whilst manoeuvring off my drive. One side has a hedge that restricts the view of approaching traffic, and idiots that park half on the footpath right up to the edge of our drive restricts the view the other way. It's saved an embarrsing manoeuvre whilst reversinng on a couple of occasions....
Some may argue that I should reverse onto my drive....in an ideal  world, yes, but......

Side bumper cameras are really handy as well, especially when pulling out of hedge lined narrow roads. The camera has the advantage of seeing six feet ahead of the drivers eyes. I thought it was gimmicky at first but soon found them handy. The screen shows split screen to show both directions.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26661 on: 25 August 2024, 10:11:38 »

reversing camera

If it's an A road you have a legal obligation to reverse off it and drive on to it.

Had a Corolla for the day... No parking sensors front or back, but a reversing camera and lane monitoring...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Yaris Cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #26662 on: 25 August 2024, 15:27:37 »

Washed & polished the Range Rover, once a year gets waxed in August.
« Last Edit: 25 August 2024, 15:37:24 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26663 on: 25 August 2024, 19:09:49 »

This week I've serviced and MOTed (no  advisories )  the astra 1.7CDTi design dirty diesel estate

robbed parts for the hoard off ,and scrapped the Zafira A elegance 2.0 DTi dirty diesel

swapped all the wheels on the Astra 1.6 petrol estate and changed the oil

haven't washed or polished any of them  :D

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26664 on: 25 August 2024, 19:39:31 »

Mine needs a bloody good wash. So much dust on it now the paint feels like 100 wet and dry.  :D

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #26665 on: 26 August 2024, 20:49:45 »

Brand new door actuator arrived on Saturday so, with fine weather and no work interruptions, chose to install it today.

Bloody fiddly, but the door opens again with the fob. Job done!  :y

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26666 on: 26 August 2024, 21:20:52 »

Installed a pair of replacement headlamps fitted a new n/s front ABS sensor and swapped the standard wheels for VW Beetle ones on step granddaughters MkIV Golf.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26667 on: 26 August 2024, 22:30:37 »

Installed a pair of replacement headlamps fitted a new n/s front ABS sensor and swapped the standard wheels for VW Beetle ones on step granddaughters MkIV Golf.
I hope you haven't voided her insurance:

https://www.axa.co.uk/car-insurance/tips-and-guides/do-car-modifications-affect-my-insurance/#:~:text=Anything%20that%20was%20not%20originally,check%20with%20the%20previous%20owner.

I know a lot of people do these things, but they are a get out for the insurer.
Diesel till I die

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26668 on: 27 August 2024, 08:52:28 »

I was sorting the MOT failures on my sister's mkIV Golf. Both jobs reminded just why I don't like working on German cars

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26669 on: 27 August 2024, 09:12:01 »

I know what you mean Nick. I hate the damn thing! But she loves it so needs must. I don't know whether fitting the different wheels will void her insurance or not[I'll get her to check]or whether those would have been an option on the Golf.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.