Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY ARE OMEGAS SO CHEAP TO BUY....?  (Read 3887 times)

Martin_1962

Re: WHY ARE OMEGAS SO CHEAP TO BUY....?
« Reply #15 on: 08 March 2011, 23:56:13 »

I paid £4500 for mine quite a few years ago

russ0205

• northants
    • mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 March 2011, 09:33:11 »

yep lot of car for your money bought mine in december last year 02 2.6cdx all the toys fsh 1 owner £1100, if i bought a bmw or merc it would have been 3k,who cares if it has a vauxhall badge i love it and it puts a big grin on my face everytime i drive it knowing i own it for that much, :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

2boxerdogs

« Reply #17 on: 09 March 2011, 11:06:54 »

8-)A lot of people i think are put off by the V6 because of fuel costs but i get 30 mpg on a 54 mile round commute, i almost didn"t buy mine till i spoke to a colleague at work who said how much V6s had improved i was  sceptical at first but i am over the moon with mine .1 owner FSH 50,000 miles when i bought it pure luxury for very little money, traded my old Mazda in for £600.00 & the insurance had already given me £1270.00 as they could not get the parts to repair it!!

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 March 2011, 16:54:11 »

This is what caught my eye recently on Autotrader. If only you could still get spare parts for them.

I had one once it was my first big car and loved it far more then any Omega. Such a pity spare parts are almost completely unobtainable  :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201039369415979/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/senator/make/vauxhall/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/se173bl?logcode=p

tonyyeb

• Salisbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09 March 2011, 18:22:56 »

This is what caught my eye recently on Autotrader. If only you could still get spare parts for them.

I had one once it was my first big car and loved it far more then any Omega. Such a pity spare parts are almost completely unobtainable  :(

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201039369415979/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/senator/make/vauxhall/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/se173bl?logcode=p

Can only assume that the dude who spent £10K + on restoring it was completely off his face  ::)

Sure, its a lovely car, and its great that at least one of these lovely old barges will be around for a few more years, but, really! £10K!!

Omega_Dan

« Reply #20 on: 09 March 2011, 18:25:50 »

Most big non- prestige cars are not worth alot but the mig is the best of the non prestige bunch imo.
« Last Edit: 09 March 2011, 18:26:07 by Omega_Dan »

fudy

• manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 March 2011, 23:48:40 »

i spotted a 52 plate 2.5 cdx saloon in star silver for sale on the side of the road today for £600 could not believe it! there worth practically nothing now and with fuel prices rocketing it's only gonna get worse! but i still love mine though, if i had the space i would buy another one for just for parts.

Teebee

• Intermediate Member
  • Slough
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10 March 2011, 16:18:50 »

I've also noticed massive price drops over the past couple of months, i'm guessing it's a combination of fuel/insurance prices rather than maintenance prices, although i've watched B4 shocks creep up from £40 a pop to £70 now.

I'm not sure how many routinely watch ebay but in the last 2 weeks i've seen a nice looking X 3.0 Elite go for £770, a W 3.0 MV6 with LPG (and a manifold leak) not sell around the £700 and there is a V 3.0 MV6 with a huge amount of work done, on there now for the 2nd time and it hasn't met the £700 start price.

I think the day of the big car is sliding gently to an end, which suits me fine as I get to pick one up cheap :)

gav mv6

• leicestershire
    • m/f irmscher mv6 lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2011, 16:08:57 »

i love my mv6 , it drives me mad sometimes especially with the tyre wear , but is so cheap to run , better than a wiesel ,but the smegging insurance has gone up something silly now ,been thinking about putting the engine, box and gas into something older as i dont want to loose my v6 , have had them for a good few years now ,still shows up the hotch hatch posse too .was thinking a bout the engine in my mk1 astra  :D
« Last Edit: 11 March 2011, 16:09:49 by xwai »
Dam its hard work getting to 250 posts .......

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11 March 2011, 23:44:41 »

i love my mv6 , it drives me mad sometimes especially with the tyre wear , but is so cheap to run , better than a wiesel ,but the smegging insurance has gone up something silly now ,been thinking about putting the engine, box and gas into something older as i dont want to loose my v6 , have had them for a good few years now ,still shows up the hotch hatch posse too .was thinking a bout the engine in my mk1 astra  :D

your insurance company will be bloody thrilled about that :D :D ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

dragonlord

• Intermediate Member
  • luton
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 March 2011, 23:59:22 »

i dont agree really that there epencive to run

yes there thirsty that ill give you

but other cost are cheap if your prepared to get the spanners out

it aint the parts it the labor on em

iv done 50thousand on mine
one hbv 25 quid
crank sesor 70quid
abs control unit 100quid and some bloody knuckels
and a couple of sets of pads
and dathloo done me cambelt and pump for a decent price

id say it more the fact no one ones one is

kids cant inshaw em for shit
rich tossers /snobs want a bmw badge and nor a VX one
and it only a few old guys like us that want a second hand one
« Last Edit: 11 March 2011, 23:59:50 by outlaw1234 »

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 March 2011, 04:30:51 »

I've also noticed massive price drops over the past couple of months, i'm guessing it's a combination of fuel/insurance prices rather than maintenance prices, although i've watched B4 shocks creep up from £40 a pop to £70 now.

I think the day of the big car is sliding gently to an end, which suits me fine as I get to pick one up cheap   

I hope so as iy will defintely benefit me :y

When my mig first overheated and I was making some pricing enquiries to fix it I was basically told by owner I would be better off getting something comparable that holds it's value.
« Last Edit: 12 March 2011, 04:37:50 by wot »

gav mv6

• leicestershire
    • m/f irmscher mv6 lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 March 2011, 13:21:50 »

your insurance company will be bloody thrilled about that :D :D ;D

believe it or not its cheaper for a mk1 astra gte modified with mv6 engine and lpg  :D

but i wanna keep it the gte standard , so when the insurance is up, the engine box and lpg will  go into something else
« Last Edit: 12 March 2011, 13:41:05 by xwai »
Dam its hard work getting to 250 posts .......

999gsi

• norwich
    • 2002 omega.2.6 v6 cdx est
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12 March 2011, 22:48:21 »

i think the main reason omegas are cheap is down to snob value,my father bought a brand new 2.0 gls in 1994,and replaced it with a brand new 2.5 cdx saloon in 1998,he lost a fortune on both of them,i sold a 2001 merc e240 estate,will admit it was better built/quality than the omega i bought ,however the omega is is 2 years newer 15 k miles less  bought for 500 quid less than i sold the merc and unlike the merc doesnt cost a fortune to run/service and more importantly isnt rusting away like my merc was....
previous cars,cavalier gl,glsi,sri 130,cdi,gsi.nova gte,astra gte mk1,3x gte 16v mk2,gsi mk3,carlton gsi 24v,vectra 3.2 gsi ,signum 2.0 turbo design,lexus is 200,saab,95 se and aero,bmw 523,merc e260...

mrcnc53

• Portsmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 March 2011, 08:05:11 »

A friend bought a new eco Audi can't remember what model he said for £16000 because he only has to pay £30 a year road tax.  I paid £2100 for my Mig 2 years ago and have paid £450ish tax.  So just maybe running a mig isn't that exspensive.  But don't tell anybody
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.