Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: thank you to chrisgixer  (Read 2428 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: thank you to chrisgixer
« Reply #15 on: 21 May 2010, 09:49:47 »

No problem risky, hope "we" didnt ust too much juice, lpg gives you big feet. So i'm used to not worrying too much about fuel costs, whoops. Lovely noise, and strangely nice to drive with a clutch again. Hmmm...strokes chin and ponders... :)

Yes, been there myself recently. ::)

Decided it's not good when your only roadworthy car is an auto. :(

Kevin
Yes, toyed with that idea a couple of weeks back myself ::), but no room for another car until Goldie gets crushed. Soon.
Grumpy old man

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 May 2010, 09:57:38 »

No problem risky, hope "we" didnt ust too much juice, lpg gives you big feet. So i'm used to not worrying too much about fuel costs, whoops. Lovely noise, and strangely nice to drive with a clutch again. Hmmm...strokes chin and ponders... :)

Kevin
Yes, toyed with that idea a couple of weeks back myself ::), but no room for another car until Goldie gets crushed. Soon.

Im formulating a project plan (well after I LPG the Elite anyway!)...... MV6 with Bilston G4 shocks, Steinmetz springs, plod spec manual and LSD..... NCDC2013 + CID etc etc

feeutfo

« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2010, 10:06:11 »

I've got to send this thread back up to the top. Chris spent about two hours under my car last night and showed me what the garage had missed. Bit more to spend now but will be well worth it.
He also showed me just how fast a modified Omega can go. :D
Thanks a lot mate.

So bob.dent tells me ;D ;D ;D
Yeah, think i owe Bob a few of litres, or pints perhaps?

feeutfo

« Reply #18 on: 21 May 2010, 10:21:01 »

Kevin

Im formulating a project plan (well after I LPG the Elite anyway!)...... MV6 with Bilston G4 shocks, Steinmetz springs, plod spec manual and LSD..... NCDC2013 + CID etc etc
Sounds good, coming to the end of my auto "project" tbh. Not much more i can do with it, didn't think it was worth fitting an lsd to an auto ?

Manual makes more sense in that reguard i guess? and it would be nice to have a car to play with that does not have to be back working by morning to get to work. Hmmm, hobby car, strokes chin and ponders again. ;D

Mind you seen a few dual mass flywheel posts that sound expensive to correct?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 May 2010, 10:28:34 »

Kevin

Sounds good, coming to the end of my auto "project" tbh. Not much more i can do with it, didn't think it was worth fitting an lsd to an auto ?

Manual makes more sense in that reguard i guess? and it would be nice to have a car to play with that does not have to be back working by morning to get to work. Hmmm, hobby car, strokes chin and ponders again. ;D

Mind you seen a few dual mass flywheel posts that sound expensive to correct?
If you have a garage, you could do hobby/fun car properly.  I know where there is a bent chassis going cheap, maybe even a nosecone ;D
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 May 2010, 11:40:58 »

If you have a garage, you could do hobby/fun car properly.  I know where there is a bent chassis going cheap, maybe even a nosecone ;D

Only the front half. ;D Gould graft it onto the back end of a bike, I suppose. Always fancied a Grinall Scorpion. 8-)

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21 May 2010, 12:40:30 »

I might have access to a barn to do the work in......  :)

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21 May 2010, 16:40:39 »

I've got to send this thread back up to the top. Chris spent about two hours under my car last night and showed me what the garage had missed. Bit more to spend now but will be well worth it.
Thanks a lot mate.

Hmmm.........fuel or beer Chris? ::)
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

feeutfo

« Reply #23 on: 21 May 2010, 18:13:56 »

Thanks a lot mate.

Hmmm.........fuel or beer Chris? ::)
fuels cheaper, but beers more fun.......i think? or is it? beers easier to deliver to Newent at least, not sure i can make it though, Ashridge meet? aw not sure i can make the either, er we'll sort sumat..... who am i kidding you know its beer. ;D ;D ;D ;)

feeutfo

« Reply #24 on: 21 May 2010, 18:17:40 »

suprising, not one shed joke    ;D   ;)
« Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 18:30:54 by chrisgixer »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 May 2010, 19:18:27 »

suprising, not one shed joke    ;D   ;)

Well by the time I havethe money for the project it probably would be a shed!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.