Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: OMG car insurance issues..  (Read 2611 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: OMG car insurance issues..
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2010, 07:17:56 »

all insurers are legal thevies. they try to slide and back peddle out of paying claims and now trying to find an insurer thats got BRITISH call centres. if they use non british call centres then they dont get my money. aviva/norwich union the worst, "you want poppodoms with that sir"  ;D ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Missy_MV6

« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2010, 08:58:29 »

Thanks for the input guys the car insurance runs out in September so will definately be looking elsewhere.
Angie xx

nickname

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 May 2010, 14:27:30 »

Car insurance issues are most of the time negative issues.  :P
Especially the car insurance system in the US is very complicated and also had some troubles with my insurance. After I had these troubles I decided to look for another car insurance but this was not as easy as I thought. Fortunately now I have found the best car insurance for my requirements.

SJKOO01

« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2010, 19:34:27 »

I am so mad I just need to rant >:(.We had our home and contents insurance with Direct Line, the poilicy was due to renew on the 27th of this month.The renewal quote was £200 more than last year and we haven't claimed :oMy hubby rang them up asking why it was so dear and the woman on the phone said she could see the quote on the computer which was supposedly  £100 less than what we had been quoted via mail :o hubby asked if we could have that quote in writing and she declined saying they couldn't do that but she could get her boss to write us a letter :-X She didn't sound trustworthy so we said we wouldn't be renewing and went with Churchill which was cheaper anyway :)
I cancelled the direct debit and thought nothing more of it until today....
We also have our car insurance with them and we have just bought a private plate,my hubby rang them to see if there would be a charge for changing the details and they said no but just ring us when you have actually put the new plates on.
He rang them today to find they had BLOCKED the car insurance :o At first he thought I had cancelled the wrong direct debit but I could see online that they had taken the car insurance on the 26th as normal :)
When my hubby asked why they had blocked the insurance they said because we hadn't paid the house insurance :o >:( He explained that we had not wanted to renew it and they said we had cancelled the direct debit too early so they blocked the car insurance..My hubby had to pay a months house insurance for them to unblock the car insurance..So just to summarise God forbid we had an accident we wouldnt have been insured even though they had taken the payment and if my hubby hadn't have rang them today we wouldn't have known...HOW RUDE
Unfortunately though Direct Line were the cheapest we had found for our car insurance we really dont want to go with them again ..Anyone have any good insurers that dont cost the earth :question :y
Angie xx

Angie,

Direct Line is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland (yes I know, say no more...), and I think you'll find that because their owned by the back they will have to be regulated more so.  So as someone else has said, get in touch with the FSA, and find some legal advice as well.  Sounds to me they have acted illegally.

What ever you do, don't let it slip into 'leave it', as they'll beat you that way.

Good luck  :y

MaxPerforma

• Portsmouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2010, 19:40:22 »

I renew my insurance every year, the quotes for the second year with the same company are always expensive.

I had my insurance with the AA last year, in came the quote which was alot higher, did my usual search with go compare, amazingly the AA was the cheapest quoting lower than what my original insurance was  :-/ :o

As you can guess i cancelled my original insurance then rang them back up as a new customer  ;D

dad1uk

• Omega Knight
  • Birmingham
    • Vauxhall Zafira 2.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2010, 19:45:38 »

Go to the Insurance Obudsman... I think what they've done is illegal.

As an aside, I've found Swiftcover to be very good and cheapest for us... Even the renewal price this year was the best price we could get, better even than as a new customer to them! :y

We've found Swiftsure the best for the last 3 years.........
best wishes
Simon.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.