Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Breakdown Company Do You Use  (Read 2038 times)

waspy

Which Breakdown Company Do You Use
« on: 06 March 2010, 10:37:26 »

Just had my RAC cover come through the door, it's £50.50, Personal Roadside Cover for the year.
Who do you use, how much do you pay & would you recommend them?
« Last Edit: 06 March 2010, 10:38:05 by waspy »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Which Breakdown Company Do You Use
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2010, 12:02:01 »

AA, road side and get me home or garage, £80, any car Im in, theyve been good for me.

gra11

• Dunbar, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2010, 12:20:40 »

I have the breakdown included in my insurance with direct line never had to use it, but it more covers the person than the car all you need to carry is the wee business card they give you, and they will get you home with whichever vehicle your in. its only about £20 added onto the premium. couldnt tell you how good they are as touchwood* i have never had to use it  :y
If you ain't fast! Your (in a diesel)

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 March 2010, 14:54:27 »

Ive got breakdown with my bank account....they have just moved it from RAC to the AA.

used to buy better RAC cover with clubcard vouchers, but gave up in favour of the free cover with my bank.

I figure if I ever need to use it (havent in 15 years touch wood) the money saved will pay for any additional towing needed.

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 March 2010, 14:57:17 »

"Mayday" (Greenflag) £63  comprehensive, fix at roadside or get you to your destination nearest garage or home.
I must add you need to be in a certain club (caravan club) to get this cover as it does include full cover for when towing a caravan.
I'll go and hide now ;D ;D

Mick ;)

ScottieMV6

• Omega Knight
  • Swinton, Manchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 March 2010, 15:10:07 »

Ive got breakdown with my bank account....they have just moved it from RAC to the AA.

used to buy better RAC cover with clubcard vouchers, but gave up in favour of the free cover with my bank.

I figure if I ever need to use it (havent in 15 years touch wood) the money saved will pay for any additional towing needed.

Same here Jimbob - pay my bank £15 a month but get FULL RAC cover, travel insurance for anywhere in the world for a whole year, mobile phone insurance, extended warranty on any electrical items for the house as well as other stuff.

Its well worth the £15 a month :y :y
I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death!!

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 March 2010, 15:12:42 »

Same here Jimbob - pay my bank £15 a month but get FULL RAC cover, travel insurance for anywhere in the world for a whole year, mobile phone insurance, extended warranty on any electrical items for the house as well as other stuff.

sounds identical, very worthwhile....especially as I get it at the £6 staff rate, and for both of us as a joint account.  :y

waspy

« Reply #7 on: 06 March 2010, 15:27:01 »

"Mayday" (Greenflag) £63  comprehensive, fix at roadside or get you to your destination nearest garage or home.
I must add you need to be in a certain club (caravan club) to get this cover as it does include full cover for when towing a caravan.

Mick ;)

Think you'd better ;D

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #8 on: 06 March 2010, 21:12:53 »

I've got the same account
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

sexydaz

« Reply #9 on: 06 March 2010, 21:33:00 »

Mick ;)
thats what i have and if i set off on mi jollies and breakdown they will take me and mi caravan to my destination and if i dont repair it they will come back and take me home and i pay £30

fletchesmrs

• venus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 March 2010, 21:34:28 »

Iv got Green Flag cover through my car insurance (Zurich), not uesd it for years till i got my Omega, used it twice in the last 3 weeks to get me home, very helpful and friendly, treated my car with respect ( recovery truck arrived, because of the irmsher body kit could not get it in the truck so sent for another one to save damage on my car ) personaly i cant fault them, did tell the recovery guy that if he caused any damage to my car i would have his boll***s for earings !!! maybe that had something to do with it  ;D ;D
my 1st omega like a rottweiler on steroids shes a bad b*tch.

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2010, 22:26:18 »

RAC, mrs has used them for years, she said she wanted to cancel as someone genuinely offered a better deal, they gave her roadside covers gave me roadside cover, and a few other bit's I think she pays something around 60 odd quid, but I'm the one that uses it  ;D She uses my cars so it all works out  :y :y
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2010, 16:49:17 »

dont use RAC sister in law had her rear box hammered to pieces by the numpty that came out to repair her broken exhaust. He ruined a brand new rear silencer because he couldnt be bothered to jack up the car to check properly. Customer service is crap and it took them 6 months to reply and they wont pay for replacement. I met the patrol who caused the damage and his manner was appauling his manager was nearly as useless.Please everyone dont go with the RAC until they act responsibly. >:( >:( >:(

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 March 2010, 18:54:02 »

Iv got Green Flag cover through my car insurance (Zurich), not uesd it for years till i got my Omega, used it twice in the last 3 weeks to get me home, very helpful and friendly, treated my car with respect ( recovery truck arrived, because of the irmsher body kit could not get it in the truck so sent for another one to save damage on my car ) personaly i cant fault them, did tell the recovery guy that if he caused any damage to my car i would have his boll***s for earings !!! maybe that had something to do with it  ;D ;D

I have heard good reports about green flag for exactly this reason - I am with AA via bank account - AA will try to relay you with their own vehicles whereas Green FLag seem to leave the job with the contractor from start to finish - AA messed us around for over 12 hours at Christmas week because they could not get Omega on their little van trolley systems. Would give Green Flag a go next time as the contractors working for AA said they get messed around whereas Green Flag let them get on with it.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 March 2010, 18:56:39 »

ADAC, German version of the AA. Has full European break down cover, covers me in UK too (just ring AA)

£70 for the year, i was getting quotes for tripple that for a single weeks cover in europe!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.