Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Range Rover LPG  (Read 1785 times)

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Range Rover LPG
« Reply #30 on: 07 May 2011, 20:49:40 »

Don't forget if the Range Rover has Air Bags the car will lift up and down, in which case under slung tanks if I remember should not be used. :y

I think you can fit them if you remove the spare wheel well... Essentially you cut the bottom out of the wheel well and drop it in there, then seal the top with a plate... But it's a lot of extra work for perhaps an extra 30 miles of range ::) ::)

So why not just put the tanks into the spare wheel well?

Tank, single ;) ;)

I know singular from plural.
I had a Range Rover which had twin torpedo tanks (plural) in the spare wheel well
. :P

Like I said... A lot of extra work for a few extra miles of range. Not worth it IMO ;)
« Last Edit: 07 May 2011, 20:50:09 by Loo-knee »
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07 May 2011, 20:53:37 »

Don't forget if the Range Rover has Air Bags the car will lift up and down, in which case under slung tanks if I remember should not be used. :y

I think you can fit them if you remove the spare wheel well... Essentially you cut the bottom out of the wheel well and drop it in there, then seal the top with a plate... But it's a lot of extra work for perhaps an extra 30 miles of range ::) ::)

Tank, single ;) ;)

I had a Range Rover which had twin torpedo tanks (plural) in the spare wheel well

Like I said... A lot of extra work for a few extra miles of range. Not worth it IMO ;)

Yeah... But toroidal tanks are now more readily available... IIRC there's a 95L one to drop in now :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Debs.

« Reply #32 on: 07 May 2011, 20:59:41 »

Tank, single ;) ;)

Yeah... But toroidal tanks are now more readily available... IIRC there's a 95L one to drop in now :y

"Jones" (The Butcher) had his van converted to town-gas with a bag on the roof; `seemed to work ok.....at least until someone poked a bayonet through it!;D

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 May 2011, 21:08:28 »

Tank, single ;) ;)

"Jones" (The Butcher) had his van converted to town-gas with a bag on the roof; `seemed to work ok.....at least until someone poked a bayonet through it!;D

Who do you think you are kidding Missus Deb?

Debs.

« Reply #34 on: 07 May 2011, 21:14:35 »

;) Jawohl......

......shall vee examine zee liszt!
;D

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #35 on: 07 May 2011, 21:28:40 »

if we kept it, 95% motorway runs  :y

If it not going to off roaded, how about wheel arch tanks, 4 of them  :-/

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2011, 21:32:55 »

;) Jawohl......

......shall vee examine zee liszt!
;D

Add a wee bit of Brahms to that and I'm in. [smiley=beer.gif] ;D ;D

omegadan67

• northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 May 2011, 10:23:29 »

if we kept it, 95% motorway runs  :y

If it not going to off roaded, how about wheel arch tanks, 4 of them  :-/
if you never venture off road torpedo tanks of 50l each side of the vehicle can be done,i personally dont have a lpg rr or land rover but i know plenty of friends that do,the bwm engine is the weakest one to lpg cos of the nickelsi cylinder liners.

the previous gen p38 4.0 l are pretty good for lpg and the jag 4.2 is ok

a friend has a l322 lpg with underslung tanks and gets 12 to the gall on gas and 16 on petrol
A little infomation is dangerous in the wrong hands
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.