Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: HAVE ANYONE OF YOU HAD PHYSIOTHERAPY???  (Read 1043 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
HAVE ANYONE OF YOU HAD PHYSIOTHERAPY???
« on: 13 February 2011, 11:34:46 »

i have a problem with a muscle in my back/hip afer some thingy (who was on his phone did'nt see me and my 2 tonnes of ford focus stopped..) ploughed into me at 50...my question is i am having physio at the mo(which is not working) but after the treatment i ache...i mean every bone in my body...is this normal?? :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: HAVE ANYONE OF YOU HAD PHYSIOTHERAPY???
« Reply #1 on: 13 February 2011, 11:36:32 »

I've never responded particularly well to Physio but it can have it's benefits ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 February 2011, 11:45:17 »

no i did when i broke my wrist a couple of years ago but this is not being sorted..they are talking about injecting into muscle...(don't like needles)...chicken??...hell yes card carrying :y

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2011, 12:13:34 »

i found physiotherapy not beneficial at all. i did have a sauna about a year ago and found that eased the pain more, intense heat. now this arthritis is advancing a bit faster than they thought i find myself massaging my neck a hell of a lot and it helps a bit.

HolyCount

« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2011, 12:38:10 »

I used to have regular physio on my neck (arthritis causing nodules to grow on the vertebrae), so they do a bit of manipulation -- which DOES ache like hell for a couple of days afterward. Sometimes they "hang" me, on a contraption that pulls my neck for a few seconds, relaxes, then starts again .... that does help, with no after pain (getting used to the sensation of being garrotted takes a while though!).

Anyway -- the best treatment I have had is the microwave generator (bit like -Literal- Deep Heat), loosens all the ligaments and such like.

And, that tall blonde (female) physio --- worth a visit anytime  :y

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2011, 12:40:43 »

I work in the medical field and I have regular physio sessions for various injuries I have picked up in my work.  They are not nicknamed phyioterrorists for nothing.  The pain is normal and it will get better but it can be a slow process, my left thigh problem has been going on for 2 years and the right ankle took 12 months but without it i'd be a lot worse off.

HolyCount

« Reply #6 on: 13 February 2011, 12:43:09 »

When I got burnt (earning me a few months in a burns unit) I must admit the I regarded the physios as the spawn of satan.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2011, 13:13:10 »

Yep I have the microwave generator as well... Funny feeling warm from the inside out ?

feeutfo

« Reply #8 on: 13 February 2011, 13:53:54 »

I found "my physio" to be the only worthwhile treatment. She knew a range of manipulations as well and knew how to apply them, chyropractic included. Other physios where a complete waist of space.

NHS don't recognise Chyropractic, last I heard, and presumably that includes Osteopaths as well. But for me a combination of all three is ideal for best results, which is what "my physio" achieves. If only she'd stop taking time off to have baby's I mite be able walk straight again.

Can feel like 10 rounds with Mike Tyson after, but she would warn me first before treatment if severe enough.

SteveMJ_new

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2011, 14:23:07 »

I tore cruciate ligaments snow skiing many years ago and have had a few artheroscopies since - usually after further 'incidents' through sport activities.

I've had physio a number of times.  I found the electric current through the joint to be miraculous, in terms of alleviating pain.

I also see that my at least three swims (typically about a mile) a week and other gym visits to be part of on-goign physio.  I have wondered if my manky knee has stopped me getting something worse - like a heart condition.  I'm 55 and still snow ski (not this year unfortunatly)  and water ski (including competing in slalom last autumn).
S

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 February 2011, 14:58:13 »

Was in hospital at 18 for TWO AND A HALF YEARS and without physio I would not be walking now.

Yes, the benefits are not quick, neither are they "measurable" but they are there, and it does work well if you put some effort into it too.

As a lad of 18, I thought it was all crap until I tried to do something I used to do everyday and couldn't, but could do again a month after physio, so give it a chance to produce benefits mate.

It DOES hurt, it DOES feel as if nothing has changed for the better for a bit, but it DOES work.

hope I've been some little help, matey!!

Mike :y
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 February 2011, 15:01:35 »

Was in hospital at 18 for TWO AND A HALF YEARS and without physio I would not be walking now.

Yes, the benefits are not quick, neither are they "measurable" but they are there, and it does work well if you put some effort into it too.

As a lad of 18, I thought it was all crap until I tried to do something I used to do everyday and couldn't, but could do again a month after physio, so give it a chance to produce benefits mate.

It DOES hurt, it DOES feel as if nothing has changed for the better for a bit, but it DOES work.

hope I've been some little help, matey!!

Mike :y

I had to have physiotherapy after fitting a tow-bar to a certain OOFers green-coloured V6 Estate here.

Hails from Lydney - forgotten his name now ........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: 13 February 2011, 15:03:09 by Reliance505 »
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

Sixstring

• Omega Baron
  • Lydney, Gloucestershire
  • Its just GOTTA be a big V6. Mmm....NOS........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 February 2011, 15:05:45 »

Ratbag................................................LOL!

::) ::) ::) ::)
Self confessed Electro-Mechanical nut, Guitarist/Singer and Motorcyclist. Drives an estate due to all the equipment he has to carry,Electrickery fiddler who loves Automatics and BIG Vee engines.

albitz

« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2011, 15:38:59 »

I found "my physio" to be the only worthwhile treatment. She knew a range of manipulations as well and knew how to apply them, chyropractic included. Other physios where a complete waist of space.

NHS don't recognise Chyropractic, last I heard, and presumably that includes Osteopaths as well. But for me a combination of all three is ideal for best results, which is what "my physio" achieves. If only she'd stop taking time off to have baby's I mite be able walk straight again.Can feel like 10 rounds with Mike Tyson after, but she would warn me first before treatment if severe enough.
So - what you are saying is, there is a direct connection between her keep having babies, and you not being able to walk straight ? :o :D ;D ;D

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 February 2011, 23:14:03 »

Bloody 'ell I'm in the middle of a coure of acupuncture for back pain at the moment this thread makes us sound like a bunch of old crocks!!! :o
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.