Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope Debs is OK  (Read 1578 times)

Plomien

• Omega Baron
  • Swansea
  • Rescue the beer and drink the maiden
    • Landrover Freelander TD4
    • View Profile
Re: Hope Debs is OK
« Reply #15 on: 28 November 2010, 10:22:47 »

couple of years back when visiting the inlaws for christmas the temp dropped to -20'C
This is the river in Kolobrzeg
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUDW3N-ntUs[/media]
No more Omega but still hangs around

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 November 2010, 10:25:11 »

it is very sunny here this morning again, didnt even need a coat on to go round the shops.  :)

waspy

« Reply #17 on: 28 November 2010, 10:48:20 »

The thermometer outside said -12 this morning :o :o

Went a nice walk with Mutley down by the river & it was so cold that the moister in my nose froze & it felt like i had bogies ;D ;D ;D Mutley had frost on her nose & muzzle, the dribbles even froze on her whoopsie ;D ;D ;D ;D
It was bloody cold a good few extra below than out back :o :o :o :o

A1 John's Mig said -13 when i saw him up the road.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2010, 10:48:40 by waspy »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 November 2010, 11:18:40 »

Brrrrrrrrrrr..............it`s sooooooooo-cold! :'(

There`s ice on the inside of the windows this morning :o....`just having a warming cup of coffee before I brave the outside, to go `get a basket of wood to light the fire.

Now to me, that sounds delightful - it puts many things into perspective, especially those that surround the 'conveniences' and supposed advanced nature of modern-day living.

Treasure it Deb, we only do that which nature permits us to and to be able to function in such conditions, is an experience worth having. (In the wider scheme of things)

You`re very perceptive z77....I do treasure the experiences that living here offers; it`s a unique place and even despite the challenge of providing daily needs at times like these, it brings one in touch with nature and our stoic antecedents. :y

One of my dearly-favourite books is "Alone in the Wilderness" ....Dick Proenneke tested himself against Alaskan solitude and found peace and happiness in an environment infinitely more harsh than anything the U.K can provide.

http://www.[highlight]aloneinthewilderness.[/highlight]com/

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss[/media]

....will add this to my "must read list".....I'm currently trawling through Imajica by Clive Barker ......more than 1100 pages in paperback.. :o :o....Hmmm...I'm not overly impressed.... Mr Barker has a rather verbose writing style.... ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #19 on: 28 November 2010, 11:36:44 »

ok.. here is temperature above 20 celcius which is definitely abnormal for this season..

there, you are freezing..  I do some google serach and the papers show that there is something changing in atlantic, flow speed changes etc etc..

are you still thinking the weather is normal ?

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 28 November 2010, 15:31:37 »

ok.. here is temperature above 20 celcius which is definitely abnormal for this season..

there, you are freezing..  I do some google serach and the papers show that there is something changing in atlantic, flow speed changes etc etc..

Yes, and no, the end of the world is not nigh, and yes, global warming is blown all out of proportion  :P ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #21 on: 28 November 2010, 16:00:36 »

Yes, and no, the end of the world is not nigh, and yes, global warming is blown all out of proportion  :P ;D

regardless of the scientists "you are wrong I'm right" debate and some groups abusing the weather conditions for more profit, there is really something happening..  weather fluctuations  are more severe ,
and UK which I know has rarely seen snow, except north parts now faces early colds and snow.. I know some friends living in UK (except OOF) that never uses snow tire now thinks about it :-/

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 November 2010, 16:08:03 »

regardless of the scientists "you are wrong I'm right" debate and some groups abusing the weather conditions for more profit, there is really something happening..  weather fluctuations  are more severe ,
and UK which I know has rarely seen snow, except north parts now faces early colds and snow.. I know some friends living in UK (except OOF) that never uses snow tire now thinks about it :-/

there is really something happening..  weather fluctuations  are more severe ,

Yes, I'm inclined to agree with that.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #23 on: 28 November 2010, 16:14:33 »

there is really something happening..  weather fluctuations  are more severe ,

Yes, I'm inclined to agree with that.

another simple proof, I never see this much of cats sick at one time.. street cats and ours  :-?
they cant adaptate to high temperature changes within a short time.. we passed many autumns but they never catch cold like that.. :(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 November 2010, 16:28:14 »

I don't doubt that man is changing temps. I don't think its as dramatic as some claim.  Remember, in the midle ages, Greenland was, errr, green.  Unless those middle agers driving their 900AD Landrovers caused the ice to come down...

I do not think the weather is much different - its just we've been through 20-25yrs of more moderate temps, mild winters, cooler summers.
Grumpy old man

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28 November 2010, 17:37:35 »

I don't doubt that man is changing temps. I don't think its as dramatic as some claim.  Remember, in the midle ages, Greenland was, errr, green.  Unless those middle agers driving their 900AD Landrovers caused the ice to come down...

I do not think the weather is much different - its just we've been through 20-25yrs of more moderate temps, mild winters, cooler summers.

I blame that on the invention of bows and arrows.... ::)
I like red cars

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 28 November 2010, 17:49:20 »

I reckon it's all the hot air politicians spout, shifting air currents.

We need a cullohgodMI5isatthedoor...

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28 November 2010, 17:58:19 »

We are now getting back to the winters that I remember when I was a child. My home town is regarded as one of the mildest places in the country as regards winter temperatures. That said in winter we frequently had numerouse snowfalls in exceeding several inches and temperatures dropping to many degrees below freezing.
Back to the traditional British winter
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

aaronjb

« Reply #28 on: 28 November 2010, 18:08:41 »

We are now getting back to the winters that I remember when I was a child. My home town is regarded as one of the mildest places in the country as regards winter temperatures. That said in winter we frequently had numerouse snowfalls in exceeding several inches and temperatures dropping to many degrees below freezing.
Back to the traditional British winter

Speaking of which, anyone remember winter '78? I don't (since I'd only just been born ;D) but it looks just as bad, if not worse, than anything we've had recently:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/image_galleries/blizzard_1978_gallery.shtml

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 November 2010, 22:55:22 »

The winter of '78 was in another league completely to the weather we are having now! More severe & prolonged snowfall & lower temperatures for an extended period & far & away more severe winds causing very heavy drifting & packed ice on roads etc. 1963 was another severe winter and even worse than 1978! :D ;)
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.