Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: It started with a ...  (Read 4548 times)

STMO999

Re: It started with a ...
« Reply #30 on: 16 February 2010, 22:15:05 »

There are people on here, good people, who haven't got a pot to p!ss in. They don't complain (much ;D) but I doubt that they want to hear about you dodging interviews when they are desperate for work.
I humbly suggest that you pipe down, or you risk becoming the outlet for their frustrations.

alunonhisown

« Reply #31 on: 16 February 2010, 22:16:59 »

There are people on here, good people, who haven't got a pot to p!ss in. They don't complain (much ;D) but I doubt that they want to hear about you dodging interviews when they are desperate for work.
I humbly suggest that you pipe down, or you risk becoming the outlet for their frustrations.
I was only DODGING the interview as you put it because I already accepted a post.

STMO999

« Reply #32 on: 16 February 2010, 22:18:41 »

I was only DODGING the interview as you put it because I already accepted a post.

Should have dodged the clothing voucher as well. Or, if not, should have kept quiet about it. Like I said, anyone can view a public forum.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 February 2010, 22:20:33 »

.......I try everyway known to womankind to get out......

Except maybe telling them you already had a job offer.........???

::)
« Last Edit: 16 February 2010, 22:24:22 by webby23 »
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

alunonhisown

« Reply #34 on: 16 February 2010, 22:20:44 »

Should have dodged the clothing voucher as well. Or, if not, should have kept quiet about it. Like I said, anyone can view a public forum.
Enough said. :'(

sexydaz

« Reply #35 on: 16 February 2010, 22:22:14 »

i think steve has hit the nail bang on there,there was a lad from leeds im not saying his name and just before crimbo he lost his car in a smash and his telly was getting cut off and his broadband he was skint and desparately seeking a job,reading posts like this must twist that knife a tad

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16 February 2010, 22:22:49 »

Di, you have shown absolutely no contrition at all for an action that any right thinking person would identify as theft, pure & simple. Because it goes on all the time doesn't make it 'F****** C**l' either! If you have any shame at all , you will return the £150 in cash to the relevant Government Department and perhaps either donate the clothes you 'don't want, don't need' to a good cause, or else put them on e-b** & donate the proceeds? Nuf said!!! >:(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

alunonhisown

« Reply #37 on: 16 February 2010, 22:23:32 »

Nightmare!! I try everyway known to womankind to get out......

And I was of the belief until someone here just pointed out I woulld be paid until the day I started work.
I been continuosly employed for 30 years, and I lose my job for no fault of my own, and I know nothing about state handouts, like when I initially signed on I waited 37 days for a payment, and then I only got £60 in a CRISIS LOAN and I had to pay that back. So I am being honest.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16 February 2010, 22:25:17 »

What's wrong with keeping your options open.

The interview could have lead to a better job, with better prospects.

Lets faceit Diane could have choosen to post and not say a word about ther day.

13K cheque, lets see, Approx 3Kspent on a car, then a tripto france, topped up on food, was probably using an overdraught.

Short memeries here at times, not somany days ago Di could not even afford a tenner to buy a charger for alaptop on Ebay.

Give the girl abit of leeway.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16 February 2010, 22:25:46 »

And I was of the belief until someone here just pointed out I woulld be paid until the day I started work.
I been continuosly employed for 30 years, and I lose my job for no fault of my own, and I know nothing about state handouts, like when I initially signed on I waited 37 days for a payment, and then I only got £60 in a CRISIS LOAN and I had to pay that back. So I am being honest.

So why couldnt you just tell them the truth, that being that you have been offered and accepted a job offer the day before.....as posted........???

:(
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 16 February 2010, 22:27:47 »

She could have Skruntie, yes, and I am sure in hindsight she wishes she had thought before posting.........

alunonhisown

« Reply #41 on: 16 February 2010, 22:29:18 »

So why couldnt you just tell them the truth, that being that you have been offered and accepted a job offer the day before.....as posted........???

:(
Because I believed that I would have my benefits stopped straight away. And that is the  truth.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 16 February 2010, 22:29:26 »

Di ...

You have your views and opinions.. to which you are certainly entitled ...

Others have theirs .. to which they are also entitled.. and they don't have to agree with you or explain themselves.

From recent "happenings" you obviously act on the "spur of the moment" and don't always listen to advice given .... that is also your choice .. no doubts about it ...

However .... you have shown a strong propensity to keep digging even when the hole is getting very deep ... this may not win you much support, and will probably have the opposite effect.

You may have had a tough time recently ... but you have openly bragged about the money coming in ... openly ignored advice on purchase of a car ... desperately cried for help regarding that car (now getting the work done for nowt) .. and then you brag about a job you don't want and £150 worth of free clothes  !!!

There are many on the forum far worse off than you ... you don't HAVE to rub their noses in it.

Sorry to be blunt, but I feel it needs saying to "clear the air" ..

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

alunonhisown

« Reply #43 on: 16 February 2010, 22:30:26 »

What's wrong with keeping your options open.

The interview could have lead to a better job, with better prospects.

13K cheque, lets see, Approx 3Kspent on a car, then a tripto france, topped up on food, was probably using an overdraught.

Short memeries here at times, not somany days ago Di could not even afford a tenner to buy a charger for alaptop on Ebay.
Give the girl abit of leeway.
And I did buy it and was delivered TODAY.

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 16 February 2010, 22:30:55 »

Di ...

You have your views and opinions.. to which you are certainly entitled ...

Others have theirs .. to which they are also entitled.. and they don't have to agree with you or explain themselves.

From recent "happenings" you obviously act on the "spur of the moment" and don't always listen to advice given .... that is also your choice .. no doubts about it ...

However .... you have shown a strong propensity to keep digging even when the hole is getting very deep ... this may not win you much support, and will probably have the opposite effect.

You may have had a tough time recently ... but you have openly bragged about the money coming in ... openly ignored advice on purchase of a car ... desperately cried for help regarding that car (now getting the work done for nowt) .. and then you brag about a job you don't want and £150 worth of free clothes  !!!

There are many on the forum far worse off than you ... you don't HAVE to rub their noses in it.

Sorry to be blunt, but I feel it needs saying to "clear the air" ..

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Well said

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.