Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Student Loan Interest rate  (Read 596 times)

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
Student Loan Interest rate
« on: 20 May 2009, 14:18:31 »

[big rant]

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/news/2009/05/government-fails-to-honour-student-

The bleeding Gov't are at it again! Student Loans are supposed to track RPI interest rates so that they have effectively no cost, but they have decided that all post '98 loans should not have a rate set.

In other words we should be seeing the loans diminish as the price of everything else does - but no we are getting shafted instead.

[/big rant]

STMO123

Re: Student Loan Interest rate
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2009, 16:39:16 »

Student loans should be interest free. But, I'm afraid, there are that many 'students' these days, some taking totally useless and impractical courses, that it would end up costing a fortune when they couldn't pay it back.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2009, 18:34:32 »

bloody gits! I have a student loan (10k) and slowly paying it back via my pay. I took a wide course, I did everything from study art to java programming. it was a good base I never thought I would work for a mobile content company.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2009, 18:38:04 »

you do have to put the effort in, I did with my placement, got that. those who did not do a work placement and rubbish final year projects never got a propper job. I put the effort in, and I earn 35 to 40k, considering I am 24 that aint half bad!

platty

• Cambridge
    • BMW 530d Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2009, 19:11:42 »

you do have to put the effort in, I did with my placement, got that. those who did not do a work placement and rubbish final year projects never got a propper job. I put the effort in, and I earn 35 to 40k, considering I am 24 that aint half bad!
I am in a very similar situation Tunnie, bit more SL and bit less pay - but I am using my degree and paying the dosh back each month. This just feels like a bit of a kick in the balls tbh  :-[

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2009, 19:18:12 »

I am in a very similar situation Tunnie, bit more SL and bit less pay - but I am using my degree and paying the dosh back each month. This just feels like a bit of a kick in the balls tbh  :-[

There is no doubt going to uni was worth it, no way would i have got my job without doing my final year project!

I don't really class the student loan as debt, it does not affect my credit rating, just a shame it does not follow inflation as it should  >:(

Tonybazza

• Lapford Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2009, 19:44:06 »

Hi tunnie any chance of a loan ?? lol i am 40 worked all my life was getting 30k plus. Got stabbed now i get £79 aweek sick lol i only need £50 to get my car fixed whats your rates??
lol lol

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2009, 19:52:28 »

Hi tunnie any chance of a loan ?? lol i am 40 worked all my life was getting 30k plus. Got stabbed now i get £79 aweek sick lol i only need £50 to get my car fixed whats your rates??
lol lol

Be Happy to help but Devon is a bit too far away!

Tonybazza

• Lapford Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2009, 20:03:40 »

lol ok i will have to raid my piggy bank ;D can you get a student loan at 40 ?? my bank wants 27% as i am a high risk

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2009, 20:05:24 »

lol ok i will have to raid my piggy bank ;D can you get a student loan at 40 ?? my bank wants 27% as i am a high risk

:o :o :o :o
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.