Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: whats everyone doing today??  (Read 2260 times)

tmx

• Omega Baron
  • Herefordshire
    • 3.2 MV6 2002
    • View Profile
Re: whats everyone doing today??
« Reply #30 on: 18 March 2009, 18:26:47 »

cant beat a few old "Monteray Gurads" To keep the trouble away

going crazy

• Intermediate Member
  • Middlesex
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 March 2009, 18:28:32 »

At work & had a busy day

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2009, 18:29:54 »

i'll be staying in again all day :-/

i'm gonna be finishing off the security system i'm building for stuart30 ready to go over and fit on saturday
plus doing a tattoo design that he wants doing on saturday while i'm over his
(pics will be posted if he don't cry to much ;D)

and also stopping my 2 boys from kicking the living day lights out of each other at the same time
I do all the cctv stuff for my brother's shops, but his insurance companies won't allow crappy low-end PC based solutions  :'(

insurance companies must take comision or have an agreement  with professional cctv companies  which will not surprise me !!
His insurance does care who installs or maintains the system, but does put down restrictions on the quality of the systems.  As we found out when he had a raid a couple of years back, and the rather thing, despite saying it was recording, was recording gibberish - a common issue with cheap PC based solutions.  It had been working fine for around 3 or 4 yrs before then.

I think insurance refused to pay up. Fortunately no stock was taken, and no staff injured (just shook up a bit) in the raid, but significant damage to display cabinets and security doors.

As a cheap pc solution investor  ;D up to now I have only suffered
image quality problems in dark ( and short life ups systems which needs replacing batteries frequently ) ..But thats due to cheap camera limitations..There are far more complex and better cameras and add on cards for those systems which may cost serious money..

amigov6

« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2009, 18:31:01 »

Firstly MANTAHATCH, How can you spend every working day in a room with no contact from the outside world? No daylight or open window? I honestly could'nt manage that.
   Anyway, today i went to Burnley & tomorrow i'm off to St. Albans, both run with a 40 ft container full of charcoal for your BBQ's this summer.
    You can all thank me & my workmates when you're chowing down on your skewered delights!!! :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2009, 18:34:56 »

i'm gonna be finishing off the security system i'm building for stuart30 ready to go over and fit on saturday

and also stopping my 2 boys from kicking the living day lights out of each other at the same time
I do all the cctv stuff for my brother's shops, but his insurance companies won't allow crappy low-end PC based solutions  :'(

insurance companies must take comision or have an agreement  with professional cctv companies  which will not surprise me !!
His insurance does care who installs or maintains the system, but does put down restrictions on the quality of the systems.  As we found out when he had a raid a couple of years back, and the rather thing, despite saying it was recording, was recording gibberish - a common issue with cheap PC based solutions.  It had been working fine for around 3 or 4 yrs before then.

I think insurance refused to pay up. Fortunately no stock was taken, and no staff injured (just shook up a bit) in the raid, but significant damage to display cabinets and security doors.

image quality problems in dark ( and short life ups systems which needs replacing batteries frequently ) ..But thats due to cheap camera limitations..There are far more complex and better cameras and add on cards for those systems which may cost serious money..

There are decent PC (usually server based) based solutions, normally come in 21U racks ;D. And normally the wrong side of £50k with software...
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2009, 18:37:19 »

There are decent PC (usually server based) based solutions, normally come in 21U racks ;D. And normally the wrong side of £50k with software...

:o

Give me that money I will watch everything carefully as a cctv ;D :y

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2009, 19:11:48 »

Decided not to rip the Rover to bits yet, esp as we haven't really got a spare car to use at moment. Nor have I got the bits to put it back to gether again.

So ended up servicing the MV6, but ran out of time to do oil or fuel filter. Also did a well overdue coolant flush on the Kawasaki (right bitch as you need to strip off all the fairing), and an oil change (didn't get done last year :o). Embarrassingly, the oil came out almost like the day it went in  :-[
stripped the fairing off mine this morning to replace generator cover,also replaced front pads,coolant flush tomorrow before fairing goes back on,then finish off the camcover job on the Omega.No rest for the wicked. :D

nick v6

• Omega Baron
  • walsall / west midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 March 2009, 19:15:24 »

the pc i use for my cameras are good quality day and night and the motion detection recording that is in use on it is spot on
never miss a thing even a leaf blowing past it will see it as movement and record every second of it :y
just need to tax the tank now:)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 March 2009, 21:20:31 »

the pc i use for my cameras are good quality day and night and the motion detection recording that is in use on it is spot on
never miss a thing even a leaf blowing past it will see it as movement and record every second of it :y
Desktop PC's generally aren't up to the job. Managability aside, there is a reason why servers cost more.

The problem is generally the cheaper software with cctv to be honest.  Often loads of features, but too prone to failing.  The power requirements of a PC need to be considered as well.
Grumpy old man

Welung666

« Reply #39 on: 18 March 2009, 21:24:51 »

Desktop PC's generally aren't up to the job. Managability aside, there is a reason why servers cost more.

The problem is generally the cheaper software with cctv to be honest.  Often loads of features, but too prone to failing.  The power requirements of a PC need to be considered as well.

My PC based CCTV is on an 18 month old gaming machine so can handle most of what I make it do. I use the latest iCode iCatcher Console software, never missed a beat. It's the crappy eGay HK/Chinese cameras that let me down, I'm now changing them all for these...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 March 2009, 21:31:46 »

Does that run as a service, or does it need to be an interactive session?

Inability to run as a service is a big issue for most of the cheaper systems, or often those with motion detection.
Grumpy old man

Welung666

« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2009, 21:36:41 »

Inability to run as a service is a big issue for most of the cheaper systems, or often those with motion detection.

Each camera is a seperate service running as a node and the control panel is also running as a service. It's a professional software package. I know that Westfield's use it at the local super mall.

bertiecbx550

« Reply #42 on: 18 March 2009, 21:42:31 »

Just about to do a bacon and sausage and red onion buttie on crusty bread...... :P ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 March 2009, 21:42:52 »

Each camera is a seperate service running as a node and the control panel is also running as a service. It's a professional software package. I know that Westfield's use it at the local super mall.
One I'll bear in mind next time one of his dedicated black boxes turns into a smoke machine.  Dependent on what the insurance company will accept though
Grumpy old man

Welung666

« Reply #44 on: 18 March 2009, 21:51:03 »

I had to do some pi55ing about to get 2 pico cards working on it (I know... another let down) but I'm trying to decide to save a bit and get a Junior4 card (recommended by iCode) or stick a 16 port hub on the network and run IP cameras.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.