Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the american dollar bailout  (Read 596 times)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
the american dollar bailout
« on: 09 January 2009, 16:45:39 »

quote:
Not subject to the whims of bankers and politicians, silver currency never loses its value. That's because you can't print silver on a printing press! But Federal Reserve notes sure can be...remember that $700 billion bailout...where did that money really come from? It was all created. Think about it: how has the dollar lost 97% of its purchasing power since the Federal Reserve came into existence in 1913? The more paper money that gets printed, the less each individual Federal Reserve note is worth! By comparison, the Liberty Dollar (one of the AOCS approved currencies) has increased its purchasing power by 500% since 1998! So where does all this printed money go? Directly into the bankers' and politicians' hands who demanded it, of course! So while they spend this inflated money supply infusion before dollars go down in value, We The People find ourselves  stuck with the inflation tax. Do not be fooled: Inflation is a tax.

what do you make of this story and how would it affect us if brown goes ahead and prints money here in britain as rumoured.

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: the american dollar bailout
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2009, 17:05:40 »

Buy gold! :D :D ;)

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2009, 17:12:11 »

i was told by a man at the european bank yrs ago to always invest in silver, ive got 2 rings and a necklace now  ;)
« Last Edit: 09 January 2009, 17:12:32 by richierich »

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2009, 17:15:05 »

i was told by a man at the european bank yrs ago to always invest in silver, ive got 2 rings and a necklace now  ;)

I just love Gold better Richie!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Jimbo B

• Intermediate Member
  • bournemouth
  • Catch my Cupra if you can
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 January 2009, 17:18:03 »

With what Lizzie? I have a good collection of shirts the buttons may be useful.  :( :( :( :(
Got it back good as new

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 January 2009, 17:19:03 »

The Germans did this after WWI. Within a few years the Mark had devaluated so much that a postage stamp cost fifty billion Mark and everyone's life savings had been wiped out. Mark bills were worth less than the paper they were printed on. It was cheaper to get heat by burning money rather then buy coel :o

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #6 on: 09 January 2009, 18:15:34 »

The Germans did this after WWI. Within a few years the Mark had devaluated so much that a postage stamp cost fifty billion Mark and everyone's life savings had been wiped out. Mark bills were worth less than the paper they were printed on. It was cheaper to get heat by burning money rather then buy coel :o

Indeed, people were using wheel barrows to transport the notes required to buy a loaf of bread.  No wonder the Hitler / Nazis magic worked so well and was loved so much by the  German people during the 1930s! ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: 09 January 2009, 18:16:05 by Lizzie_Zoom »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 09 January 2009, 18:27:12 »

When you print money this dont mean inflation directly..In a country like Britain where there is serious industrial and other kind of productions exist one clever government can easily bypass those problems assuming the external effecting powers as nill and no debt..

However, as British economy is somehow tied strongly with economic parameters and players in Global magnitude, solution will of course wont be that simple and will depend on the parameters and players responses changing with time variable..

albitz

« Reply #8 on: 09 January 2009, 19:46:04 »

A pearl necklace always looks much nicer than a gold one. :) :D ;D

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 January 2009, 19:47:54 »

A pearl necklace always looks much nicer than a gold one. :) :D ;D

now were talking  ;D ;D ;D

Radar

• Omega Knight
  • Berkshire
    • Elite 2.5 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 January 2009, 22:55:39 »

A friend of mine in Austria said during this time his grandmother used to use gold coins to buy meat as the farmers would not take paper money

Richie London

• Omega Queen
  • heathrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2009, 23:03:00 »

one of my best m8s from school family were greengrocers, for his 16th he got a brand new capri and a soverign ring with queen victoria on it, he still wears the ring now, only kid at school who had his school uniform made for him  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries.