Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New 5th Gear  (Read 1319 times)

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
Re: New 5th Gear
« Reply #15 on: 05 January 2009, 23:07:59 »

Don't buy a 7 seater Meriva......if you want your kids to live .......seems to be the message. :y

The Meriva survived pretty well actually, OK, whiplash would not have been nice, but the rear passenger compartment was still intact. If they put in a head protection bar they would have been OK. I remember the results of a Tranny with rear seats in getting hit, not nice. And how many accidents are on the school run with a lorry plowing into the back of a queue at 40MPH during the school run ?.

I suspect a slight setup, they were trying to prove a point, which they did. However.....

Ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Omega man 2

• Omega Knight
  • If all else fails, get out the oxy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 January 2009, 23:23:34 »

Has anyone seen the first episode of "new" top gear. Its very different from the sh*te on the telly now.

The audiance is not full of giggly young women there just to glare at Hammond.

When was the last time they actually did a proper road test of a proper car?

I don't think I'll be watching it much longer :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 06 January 2009, 16:03:44 »

Remember Angela Rippon and Noel Edmonds doing TG when it started.
I will be 50 this year. :(

50 next year for me.........not really very happy about it .....to be honest........not much I can do about it though. :-/ :-/ :y

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 January 2009, 21:27:26 »

Don't buy a 7 seater Meriva......if you want your kids to live .......seems to be the message. :y

The Meriva survived pretty well actually, OK, whiplash would not have been nice, but the rear passenger compartment was still intact. If they put in a head protection bar they would have been OK. I remember the results of a Tranny with rear seats in getting hit, not nice. And how many accidents are on the school run with a lorry plowing into the back of a queue at 40MPH during the school run ?.

I suspect a slight setup, they were trying to prove a point, which they did. However.....

Ken

Don't buy an Omega then - they are only NCAP 3* on the latest version with side airbags vs the Meriva NCAP 4* adult occupancy rating.

No ratings for child occupancy on either though. :-[
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 January 2009, 22:14:00 »

Cant stand 5th Gear......and this series (the 3 mins i could bear to watch it) even looks like a copy of Top Gear.....

And dont even start me on that Vickie woman..........ggggrrrrrrr........

5th Gear is crap and the sooner they drop it the better........!!

:o
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

benbrunt

• Intermediate Member
  • Oldham
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 January 2009, 22:55:57 »

Ken

Don't buy an Omega then - they are only NCAP 3* on the latest version with side airbags vs the Meriva NCAP 4* adult occupancy rating.

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/opel_vauxhall_omega_1998/53.aspx

The side bags take it to a 4 star, looking at the video for a 1993 designed vehicle it doesn't do too badly, when it comes to vehicles 'of a certain age' there ain't nothing better than a huge size and weight on your side ::)
<marquee>[img name=signat_img_resize]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3208/3130811192_b672fbed66_m.jpg[/img]

Gas Guzzler, I love the stuff!

Ken T

• Omega Baron
  • Stockport
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 January 2009, 22:58:28 »

Ken

Ah but when they lauched it, it was the safest car in its class, it passed the previous tests with full marks. However, some people move the goal posts, for various reasons.

ken
I used to be indecisive; now I'm not so sure...

Kieran

• Dorset
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 January 2009, 11:36:23 »

Cant stand 5th Gear......and this series (the 3 mins i could bear to watch it) even looks like a copy of Top Gear.....

And dont even start me on that Vickie woman..........ggggrrrrrrr........

5th Gear is crap and the sooner they drop it the better........!!

:o
Agree it is a load of rubbish
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.