Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I LOVE MY OMEGA  (Read 1547 times)

mar892ree

• Northampton
  • if it dont undo, hit it wiv an hammer
    • View Profile
I LOVE MY OMEGA
« on: 03 January 2007, 19:20:09 »

OK Omega finally went in to the bodyshop today for frontal repairs  :y

Was given a like for like car, Toyota Avensis T2  2L !

Well all i can say is, give me my Omega back SOON !

Omega is 6 years ols with 78000 on the clock, and only a 2.2 !

Courtesy car is brand new with only a 1000 + miles on the clock !

Doesnt feel as powerful, computer is telling me the best average im getting for fuel is 29.9

Get back ache driving it

Its noisey

It feels unstable !

I want my Omega back, it pee pee's over the Avensis on all of the above AND MORE !

Would you pay £16000 + for an Avensis, or a couple for a decent Omega, i know which one i prefer  ;D
« Last Edit: 03 January 2007, 19:21:07 by mar892ree »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: I LOVE MY OMEGA
« Reply #1 on: 03 January 2007, 19:36:31 »

Mate, I use Avensis for pool cars at work, and I'm so so happy when I get back into my N reg omega with 130k on the clock!! The avensis gives awful backache too.

Avensis, £16000, Omega, £400........

The only thing I can say good about them are their brakes, they are exceptional.. however Omega ones are also not far behind.

Hrmmmm know what I'd prefer..

x25xe

• Hayes, Middlesex
  • Avater removed due to size
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 January 2007, 19:43:27 »

I know what I prefer too!
1998 2.5 V6 Omega CDX, Leather and Electric Pack!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January 2007, 19:48:28 »

thats interesting news on the mpg!! Means we get more power and more mpg!  ;D

I find my megga (when aint buggered it) very comfy, its better than some sofa's!!!

On the 1 hr 20 min run to my grandads i feel refreshed and no ache anyware when i get there. Being a passenger in my mums Nissan Almera i feel tired, my lower back hurts and legs ache (not enough room) and generally nackered!

Thats when we go i try and do the driving, even it costs me money!! i'd prefer to be in an Omega!

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January 2007, 20:45:41 »

I hired an Avensis in Canada & was nackered after doing about a 250 mile trip, could do that in the Omega & still feel like I'd just gone up the road.
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #5 on: 03 January 2007, 22:19:43 »

Toyota - thats one marque i dont like!! But you cant beat tgheir reliability  :-/
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2007, 22:39:59 »

hmmmm .... well .... I had an avensis as a company car from new (delivery mileage of approx. 60 miles  ;D) - it was a 'Y' reg which is the shape prior to the current one, but with the VVTi engine. I did run it in properly and the engine was as sweet as a nut. After a while of fine tuning, I did find the seating position fairly comfortable - it had lumbar support as standard which I need. But whilst the brakes were pretty good (they were pathetic, almost dangerous on the demonstrator!!) - it was the very springy clutch that meant it had to go. I had it checked at Toyota and they said the clutch was "normal" ... oh and the gearbox failed at about 50k too.

I did sit in the new shape Avensis when it was on display at the Toyota HQ (before even dealers got it) and had one as a hire car a few months later, it was slower than the previous model despite having the same engine, but the one thing that amazed me was that it didn't have lumbar support any more!! It wasn't even optional, only the top-spec model had it ... so needless to say I wouldn't even consider a new shape model unless it was the top-spec.

There was also a rumour of the early VVTi engines developing an extreme thirst for oil, although mine hardly used any between services when I had it (up to about 60k)

The VVTi engines really need caning though, only get going properly above about 4 to 4.5k RPM when the VVTi kicks in, below that they are distinctly average.

This Christmas I drove to Plymouth non-stop in the gold omega, 4 hrs 15 mins approx - and felt fine - even in my old miggy (pre-facelift, so different shape seats) I got back ache after 2 1/2 hrs ... so to me the newer miggy was £4k well spent  :y
« Last Edit: 03 January 2007, 22:42:23 by sounds2k »

The Barge Captain

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
  • Back in the land of the economicaly active
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 January 2007, 10:14:47 »

Had a X reg 1.8 vvti avensis as a company car for a while. Went like the clappers if you caned it, but sooo unstable on the twisty bits.  My mates firm also uses them.  They go through clutches and gearboxes for a passtime.  Wouldn't touch a second hand one with a bargepole.
Thou art no more an angel filled with light, but a leech to be abhorred and thou shalt suffer my burning will...

supermop

• Hoddesdon
  • User account problem.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2007, 11:00:22 »

But you cant beat tgheir reliability  :-/

2 words: Honda, VTEC

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2007, 11:05:16 »

But you cant beat tgheir reliability  :-/

2 words: Honda, VTEC
Honda are mechanically reliable, sometimes the electronics are suspect...
Grumpy old man

V6TCR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2007, 12:50:54 »

The bloke opposite me has an Avensis and he hates it. Poor economy, back ache, and he's not at all happy with the handling/stability. He's had a few niggles with reliability but these seem to be sorted now.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2007, 12:51:28 by V6TCR »

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2007, 16:31:42 »

A lot of backache probs is due to incorrect seat position......i used to have the back postion tilted at quite an angle backwards......used to ok on short trips....but then i started taxi driving....after 8-10 hours sitting behind the wheel i used crawl out of the seat with back pain....Now i have the seat in quite an upright position......and probably too close to the airbag.....but now 8-10 hours behind the wheel not a problem.....no back ache at all.....this was in my merc, where the seats are hard and also in my omega with soft seats :y

tyreburner

• bedlington - northumberland
  • It werent a mig but boy was it fast!!!!! R.I.P
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2007, 19:33:54 »

toyota ... i used to work there when i lived in stoke on trent and beleive me i wouldnt want one that was built at the end of a night shift, during the voluntary 2 hrs overtime that you HAD to do???
"well at least I'm lucky I don't have all the power in the world so I can't opps everything else up."

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 January 2007, 19:46:34 »

Would you pay £16000 + for an Avensis, or a couple for a decent Omega, i know which one i prefer  ;D

Dont forget your not comparing like for like, new your Omega was £20k ish, so it 'should' be better.

Be interesting to see whats being driven about in another 10 years time as a dodgey late night mini cab, my money is on the Toyota
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.