Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Calander Situation  (Read 7579 times)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
Re: Calander Situation
« Reply #135 on: 31 December 2008, 15:07:52 »

I'll buy one so long as all the profits go to the forum :)
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 15:08:04 by Elite_Pete »
Retired

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #136 on: 31 December 2008, 15:34:20 »

I'll buy one so long as all the profits go to the forum :)

Yup me too, i`ll just put piccies of Lucy Pinder over the Omegas i dont like ;D
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Welung666

« Reply #137 on: 31 December 2008, 16:01:38 »

9 pages about a calendar? terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired

Yep! Well my hands are washed of it now so hey ho!

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 31 December 2008, 16:21:59 »

Interesting debate, where is the calender can it be viewed anywhere

Have a look in the gallery Mike, I think there are2 threads on the go.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

stuart30

« Reply #139 on: 31 December 2008, 17:43:27 »

Indeed! :y :y

To come in late, and controversially (again!), on this over long thread from the woman's point of view I don't think a calender put together by predominately male membership featuring just cars, Omega or not, is that attractive to us. :(

Cars in the foreground as a small feature of beautiful scenery all round, with say Debs type dogs in some, would be lovely, but I cannot think of anything more boring than a "garage" type calender! :o :o

Just my opinion of course and I know I am going to be out voted by most men, but I have to make the point. ::) ::) ::)

Whatever happens to do the right kind of quality job you must be looking towards a 2010 calender. ;)

Well seeing as an Omega is a Man"s car driven by men talked about by men on a man"s forum then its only right that the calendar should have lots of cars and maybe some totty posing.

Yes im a chauvinist pig and proud of it...Oink Oink... ;D :y

(Unless the wifes about then im not allowed too be.)

Totally agree...........Omegas are great cars ..............but perhaps we could add a "garage element"..(as Lizzie calls it).....in order to enhance the elegant shape of the Omega.

The female form is beautiful ......and I think that a nice sexy lady should be added to each month of the calendar.

After all .......this is a predominately male forum ......so let's not get too PC about this. :y :y :y :y

I must agree with you Optimist, as I indicated before although not obviously of a woman's taste (well for most women! ;D ;D) I can appreciate that men love cars and the female form together, and why not! 8-) 8-) 8-)

So perhaps taking the 'boring' element out of just cars being shown, for the majority male membership produce a classy, quality, cars & women calender that you can hang up in your offices (if permitted!) garages or studies. ;) ;)

As I said before though, do not expect many women to buy it. ::) ::) ;)

I believe that you are correct in what you say about women buying the calendar Lizzie........not many ....if any at all ,would be interested in such a calendar.

If us male forum members are lucky enough to get a Omega calendar with the attractive female form added............then all the better.

If so........I would like the calendar to be produced ........in a classy....elegant......sophisticated....and above all professional manner................no tacky sleaze . :y :y :y

Thats the answer then...female members pose for the calander....ok so they would probably have too do 4 months each... ;D

How about it Lizzie fancy slearing ya self in grease and doing some posing. :y

Have a think about doing the calender too... ;D

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #140 on: 31 December 2008, 18:01:36 »

To come in late, and controversially (again!), on this over long thread from the woman's point of view I don't think a calender put together by predominately male membership featuring just cars, Omega or not, is that attractive to us. :(

Cars in the foreground as a small feature of beautiful scenery all round, with say Debs type dogs in some, would be lovely, but I cannot think of anything more boring than a "garage" type calender! :o :o

Just my opinion of course and I know I am going to be out voted by most men, but I have to make the point. ::) ::) ::)

Whatever happens to do the right kind of quality job you must be looking towards a 2010 calender. ;)

Well seeing as an Omega is a Man"s car driven by men talked about by men on a man"s forum then its only right that the calendar should have lots of cars and maybe some totty posing.

Totally agree...........Omegas are great cars ..............but perhaps we could add a "garage element"..(as Lizzie calls it).....in order to enhance the elegant shape of the Omega.

The female form is beautiful ......and I think that a nice sexy lady should be added to each month of the calendar.

After all .......this is a predominately male forum ......so let's not get too PC about this. :y :y :y :y

I must agree with you Optimist, as I indicated before although not obviously of a woman's taste (well for most women! ;D ;D) I can appreciate that men love cars and the female form together, and why not! 8-) 8-) 8-)

So perhaps taking the 'boring' element out of just cars being shown, for the majority male membership produce a classy, quality, cars & women calender that you can hang up in your offices (if permitted!) garages or studies. ;) ;)

I believe that you are correct in what you say about women buying the calendar Lizzie........not many ....if any at all ,would be interested in such a calendar.

If us male forum members are lucky enough to get a Omega calendar with the attractive female form added............then all the better.

If so........I would like the calendar to be produced ........in a classy....elegant......sophisticated....and above all professional manner................no tacky sleaze . :y :y :y

Thats the answer then...female members pose for the calander....ok so they would probably have too do 4 months each... ;D

lol Stuart!!;D ;D ;D  I'm flattered!! :-* :-* :-* :-* ;)

If I was 30 years younger I would have been honoured to, but I don't think I would even do a WI "nude" calender justice!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You need young, slender and sexy things who haven't had kids who would compliment the cars and excite, not turn off you blokes and sell the things to be treasured!! ;D ;D ;)

Why don't you all club together and commission a 'model' / photographic agency to come up with something for 2010? :-? ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 31 December 2008, 18:48:25 »

If I was 30 years younger I would have been honoured to, but I don't think I would even do a WI "nude" calender justice!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You need young, slender and sexy things who haven't had kids who would compliment the cars and excite, not turn off you blokes and sell the things to be treasured!! ;D ;D ;)

Why don't you all club together and commission a 'model' / photographic agency to come up with something for 2010? :-? ;)

If you recall Lizzie..........you told me that you were 34........so thirty years ago .......you would have been just four................Fibber. :y :y :y........II'll bet you still look great though. ::) ::) :y :y :y :y :y

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 31 December 2008, 19:32:14 »

From what I have leart on the forum Lizzie, we drive proper cars, drink real ale and therefore prefer Real Wholesome Women. :y :y
« Last Edit: 31 December 2008, 19:32:49 by skruntie »

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 31 December 2008, 20:01:59 »

From what I have leart on the forum Lizzie, we drive proper cars, drink real ale and therefore prefer Real Wholesome Women. :y :y

Agreed Skruntie.......I think the word you are looking for is rubenesque.....how all women should be. ::) ::) :y :y :y :y

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #144 on: 31 December 2008, 20:07:30 »

Agreed Skruntie.......I think the word you are looking for is rubenesque.....how all women should be. ::) ::) :y :y :y :y

Ah, you are both so lovely Optimist and Skruntie! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 31 December 2008, 20:16:28 »

Ah, you are both so lovely Optimist and Skruntie! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* ;)

So, Lizzie, are you up for it?  All in the name of the forum of course. :-X

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 01 January 2009, 01:57:00 »

I think all the calendar threads and polls seem to be saying the same thing.

50 people need to order, and 20 people vote, and that dont cost a penny. :-X

Albatross

• Omega Baron
  • Bedford
  • An LSD & an S2000!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 01 January 2009, 09:59:28 »

When this 1st popped up in December I voted "Yes" to a calendar and offered some pictures.

Welung,

I feel for you. You were just trying to put something together as a bit of fun and it has been hijacked and turned into a major league professional issue, which has been bandwagoned by some people who's cars were not included and feel that they should have been.

Personally I'm very dissapointed in some of the attitudes and lack of respect I have seen shown on this thread (simply starting the thread completely undermined and devalued Welung's efforts). I had always felt that this OOF was very unusual, almost unique, that it didn't suffer from this type of thing.

Now this debate has gone on I'm not interested. I'll just make my own quick 2009 calendar. I've seen the pictures I like and I have access to a professional A3 printer for nothing.

I do understand the point about a more professional look, but that takes considerable time, and needs to be managed very carefully with some financial investment too. This is a an amateur (free) forum which is here for fun and practical support.

Yes there are members on here who are "omega enthusiasts", but that it the minority. Having said that they are the same minority that would be more likely to have pictures of Omegas on their walls.

The question in people minds should really be this: Is this intended as a cheap and fun calendar aimed at the majority who may not even be that interested in a calendar anyway, or is it a professional looking job and aimed at the minority of enthusiasts who are more likely to be interested or "in the market" for an Omega calendar?

I personally think that the market is greater for the latter rather than the former, but to appeal to that discerning customer you will have to invest and do a very good job.

As for me, I'm now in neither camp and I'll spend 2009 taking very good shots in each month and it will give me a good project and an excuse to go off travellling with the car to find good spots. That'll do for my 2010 calendar.

Have a good 2009 all. :y

Oh, and I'll be keeping the Omega, but also looking for a nice MKII MX5 in the Spring too :P
« Last Edit: 01 January 2009, 10:11:08 by Albatross »

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 01 January 2009, 10:43:02 »

Well, I would have bought one like I said, and where is the harm in trying to make it as good a calendar as possible???

If it was left too late for 2009 then it was left too late for 2009.....it could have been worked around, but the main protagonist has now withdrawn totally and washed his hands of it so to be honest its all a bit of a non story now.

I did post a few of my pics for consideration, why not.....in my own opinion some of the pics being used were average, including the one of a silver omega parked down a country lane......and several of the cars pictured were dirty too......

For a tenner I would have hoped for something a bit more special.

There must be 100s of brilliant photos on this site or in our cameras of our Omegas and where is the harm in saying that......??

Anyway, thats me out so happy new year to one and all......!!!

:)

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

webby23

• Omega Baron
  • Nottingham
  • MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 01 January 2009, 10:46:50 »

.....if you don't like the pictures you see you don't buy.....

And this my mate would have been the problem I think !!!
The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.