Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I took the plunge today.....  (Read 1294 times)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
Re: I took the plunge today.....
« Reply #15 on: 17 December 2008, 22:12:13 »

tell me about it....i am findin it hard to drive in the dark.. seem to get disorientated more easily - need a couple of spotlights on the front of the miggy  :o :o :o ;D

Don't think spotlights will help me - radar, perhaps, or echo location like bats use.  Problem seems to be that as you get older, your eyes can't react quickly enough.  I get blinded by the headlights of the oncoming vehicles.  Used to to be able to deal with it, can't any more - hit the curb this evening - not good. :(

ahhh.....i'm not the only one then? - lol ;D ;D

And I thought it was just me...........
I have also had to invest in reading glasses......... ::)

Leomas

• Intermediate Member
  • Boyne Valley (on loan)
  • Ooops what did I break this time?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 December 2008, 22:31:06 »

I went the whole hog and had the old laser treatment....had worked brilliantly and I have now abandoned my glasses and contact lenses and when I have to get up in the middle of the night I can see what it was I just fell over
« Last Edit: 17 December 2008, 22:31:31 by Leomas »
Recently 'learned up' and being more careful now, honestly.
Ummm except for where I fix one thing and break something else

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 December 2008, 22:32:38 »

Something i have been putting off for ages.....actually probably a few years now  ::)
It came to a head last Sat night.....when i was working....
I was sent a job on a new housing estate.....and I didnt know where the street was.......when i tried to look it up.....even with the interior lights on, i couldn't read my A2Z and ended up asking the base operator for a fix on the road  :-[

So......ive been to specsavers today......and ended up with reading glasses......its actually quite nice not having to hold everything at arms length to read it!! (and that was in daylight, dim light, no chance!)

Daft really, dunno why i was putting it off now  ;D :D

What! £1 shops sell perfectly good reading glasses, from +1 to +2.5. I've got them all over the house so I dont have to look for them.

Our local chemist sells Foster Grants for £9.99, the exact same ones as in the £1 shop.

Tight Bast**d  ;D ;D ;D
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 December 2008, 22:36:16 »

Not knocking the cheap reading glasses .. they have their uses .. but you should really pay for a full eyetest before buying them... you may have problems these glasses will make worse. Most folks eyes deteriorate at different rates, so one eye is weaker than the other ... these glasses will make one eye struggle which can lead to problems. You can also get many other eye problems that a proper eyetest will find.

If you have an eyetest and the results show no problems other than reduced balanced sight . yeah .. buy the cheap glasses .. you'll also know which to buy from the perscription !!!
« Last Edit: 17 December 2008, 22:37:02 by entwood »

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 December 2008, 22:40:38 »

I must admit Dave I have found Specsavers so much better since I wear glasses. ;D ;D ;D
No joking apart I find them to be the best opticians I have been too. They also seem to do two pairs for the price of one offer a lot, so I had shades in the second pair.
I have never worn shades and been able to see properly before.
Plus they are really helpful. :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

vauxnut

• swindon wilts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 December 2008, 23:00:35 »

hi dave, i got reading glasses last year,the only bad bit is i can read the true amounts on the gas and electric bills. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 December 2008, 23:05:13 »

I went the whole hog and had the old laser treatment....had worked brilliantly and I have now abandoned my glasses and contact lenses and when I have to get up in the middle of the night I can see what it was I just fell over
So surgery was an outstanding success then ;D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 December 2008, 23:18:51 »

I have also had to invest in reading glasses......... ::)

Costco do a pack of three pairs in a hard case for around £11 .... apparently!  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2008, 08:25:11 »

I must admit Dave I have found Specsavers so much better since I wear glasses. ;D ;D ;D
No joking apart I find them to be the best opticians I have been too. They also seem to do two pairs for the price of one offer a lot, so I had shades in the second pair.
I have never worn shades and been able to see properly before.
Plus they are really helpful. :y

There not doing that offer at the moment.....just 25% off.
Free eye tests for TD's (suppose to be just the firm i work for, so not sure if my firm is paying em for the eye test, or offer from specsavers  :-/ ) until crimbo as well. (offer at regent st branch in swindon)

So full eye test.....and pair of £45 frames.....total cost £33 summat  :y

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2008, 08:37:13 »

Not knocking the cheap reading glasses .. they have their uses .. but you should really pay for a full eyetest before buying them... you may have problems these glasses will make worse. Most folks eyes deteriorate at different rates, so one eye is weaker than the other ... these glasses will make one eye struggle which can lead to problems. You can also get many other eye problems that a proper eyetest will find.

If you have an eyetest and the results show no problems other than reduced balanced sight . yeah .. buy the cheap glasses .. you'll also know which to buy from the perscription !!!

Agree.....an optician can tell from your eyes if you have any other health problems and will recommend you goto your doctor if they spot anything abnormal.
Apart from eyesight test.....the optician i went to...photographed my eyes and did a pressure test on my eyeballs.  ;)

unlucky alf

• Omega Baron
  • worksop, notts
  • this is some MOT advisory list!.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2008, 08:58:33 »

ive got a great attachment for driving in the dark, the only drawback is drying its fur after its been raining ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.