Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Royal Mail  (Read 1502 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
Royal Mail
« on: 19 November 2008, 10:03:16 »

have been waiting for some packages bought off ebay, have got dates and methods sent and even with a build up to xmas they should have arrived by now.

Over the last 2 years had lots of damaged or missing packages.  So with this in mind I was just looking for thier number on the net.

The Robbing Baskits.

.50p a min to phone them and you know full well the call will get maxed to the £5 limit. >:( >:(

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice1?catId=69800720&mediaId=69800735
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Mail
« Reply #1 on: 19 November 2008, 10:05:25 »

how long ago were the parcels bought?

i posted a parcel first class recorded on monday and it should arrive by today, wont surprise me if it doesnt, and i work for royal mail!

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 November 2008, 10:11:23 »

Danny, am waiting for 6 packages, bought 1st 2 weeks of this month on varying dates.  last one was some clothing bought on the 10th

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

waspy

« Reply #3 on: 19 November 2008, 10:17:12 »

Have patients matey. Sometimes the seller can say they've posted the items, but are still holding them. Give it another week before the call :y :y :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #4 on: 19 November 2008, 10:20:37 »

I ordered some stuff off Fleabay late Sunday night - parcels arrived ok yesterday.  Know it doesn't help you but appears Royal Mail still working!  Have you confirmed despatch dates from seller(s) m8?
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2008, 10:21:31 »

TBH Danny my local service has really gone down hill.  There used be a lovely lady deliver my post, allways polite and helpfull and I could basically time my clock by her.

Then they seemed to change the system and just randomly change posties round.

I have had small package force fed through the letter box, cards put through the door telling me I have a parcel to collect with knocking on the door. and even loads of post that has actually been tampered with.

It seems nobody really cares anymore.

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2008, 10:23:25 »

check your address is correct on ebay / paypal too

sounds daft, but there's a lot of hackers on there now and they dont always change your password, meaning you buy stuff and it gets sent to somewhere they have access to

I know what you mean about careless posties too, i wish ours gave a damn about their job as much as i do
« Last Edit: 19 November 2008, 10:24:23 by D4NNY »

gofwb

• Pudsey Leeds
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2008, 10:24:36 »

Skruntie, I think you are looking at the wrong number, the 50p number 0906 302 1222 is to find postcodes you need 08457 740 740 and use http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php to find the local number.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2008, 10:26:40 »

I used wait 3 weeks before getting in contact, but now chase them up after a week, then again after 2 weeks, final warning at 3 week and week 4  I just ask paypal for a full refund.

I allways go for the insurance if its offered, I try my best but sadly am getting fed up with Ebay traders and have had issues with all forms of couriers. >:(

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 November 2008, 10:28:07 »

Skruntie, I think you are looking at the wrong number, the 50p number 0906 302 1222 is to find postcodes you need 08457 740 740 and use http://www.saynoto0870.com/numbersearch.php to find the local number.

Sorry matey I cant read your post as your Avatar is half way accross my screen

waspy

« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2008, 10:32:26 »

I used wait 3 weeks before getting in contact, but now chase them up after a week, then again after 2 weeks, final warning at 3 week and week 4  I just ask paypal for a full refund.

I allways go for the insurance if its offered, I try my best but sadly am getting fed up with Ebay traders and have had issues with all forms of couriers. >:(

I guess you must have picked bad traders in the past :(

I have over a 130 positives from sellers, because i've allways been happy with the service they've provided :)
Having said that, i have had to wait for a longer than expected time for items, but they've arrived, which is all that matters.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2008, 10:45:58 »

Hi Pete, I dont mind waitng, I have used ebay for years, check feedback, look at thier history and do as much homework as I can.  When I place a bid these days I allways do it thinking it may come to a loss and that I may lose my money.

I have just put 2 complaints into Royal Mail.

1st one was about posties just sticking cards through the door saying I have missed them and need to collect a parcel/package.  The other complaint is about the delays.

Lets see what comes of it.

Danny

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 November 2008, 11:04:10 »

Hi Pete, I dont mind waitng, I have used ebay for years, check feedback, look at thier history and do as much homework as I can.  When I place a bid these days I allways do it thinking it may come to a loss and that I may lose my money.

I have just put 2 complaints into Royal Mail.

1st one was about posties just sticking cards through the door saying I have missed them and need to collect a parcel/package.  The other complaint is about the delays.

Lets see what comes of it.

a book of stamps probably  >:(

MickAP

• Omega Knight
  • South Derbyshire
  • Facelift 2.5TD Estate "Chipped" not anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 November 2008, 16:23:46 »

Usually it's 15 days you have to wait before Royal Mail will do anything about delayed/lost items.
Agree the service has gone down hill of late and it's not getting any better even though they will have you believe otherwise.
Can honestly say I am very weary of who I buy off on Ebay and some buyers (off me) are to say the least dopey.
Had one buyer who gave me an address to post to then she moved house, never gave her new address then asked why she had not recieved the packet, dopey or what.

Mick

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 November 2008, 19:17:44 »

2nd complaint has been made today and has been escalated.  Just waiting for a depot manager to ring me back (terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired)

Still waiting for all packages.

also bought an item off ebay yesterday at 3pm, National Express delivered at 11am this morning..

-12 post office V +1 Couriers

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.