Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega B 2002 RCA cable wiring  (Read 3529 times)

pulgado

• Estonia
    • 2002 Omega 2.5 Dti
    • View Profile
Omega B 2002 RCA cable wiring
« on: 05 September 2024, 09:07:18 »

Hello all,

I have run into some trouble with trying to route RCA cables to the radio cage.
I started by removing the NCDC 2015 radio and the panel with climate controls, traction control button and hazard lights button but I struggled with removing the connectors from the latter and getting better access to the radio cage.
I do have a LHD car and I tried poking the rca cables through a hole near the driver's side panel on the right but the cable got stuck somewhere and now I have an RCA connector ripped off and stuck inside my car  :-[

I also asked this on the German forums but yet no luck.
Has anyone done this operation before and could share some tips and tricks with the cable routing?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega B 2002 RCA cable wiring
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2024, 11:47:11 »

It sounds like you have run the cable through the side of the radio cage housing and guillotined the plug off as you refitted the head unit. :-\

The switches are a pain to remove. Use a couple of picks and be patient...

From memory, the hazard switch face pulls off and the switch itself is held in by two black tabs visible from the front.

The others all pull out complete, but the plugs are removed from behind. Some are located vertically and some horizontally to the side.

Once the facia is removed, you need to unscrew the radio cage housing. You'll then have a load of space  for routing cables.
Onanists always think outside the box.

pulgado

• Estonia
    • 2002 Omega 2.5 Dti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 September 2024, 12:56:44 »

Some more info: I snapped the rca cable because it went somewhere it shouldn't have (between some panels) and I couldn't get it out anymore.
As for the connectors on the center panel - they are very confusing to me as most of them don't really have any visible clips but yet they do not move outwards one bit  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 September 2024, 18:57:47 »

The plugs are all removed from behind. The exception being the hazard switch  ;)

Not sure where you were trying to run the cable through then :-\ there's plenty of room for activities once you've removed the cage frame... 6 screws once the facia panel is off. If you need more space then you can remove the glovebox assembly as well.

To do this, there's a hidden screw next to the air vent assembly so that needs to come out as well. Same for the driver side vent if you're going to that side... (Tip here, dropping the fuse/relay panels gives access underneath the column and pulling the cluster gives access above it.
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.