Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ODB Recomendations  (Read 2121 times)

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
ODB Recomendations
« on: 19 August 2024, 13:51:15 »

Been looking online for one for a friend. 

Never used one, but so many makes/models available.

Need it for a Ford KA but obviously can be used on many other cars.

Any recomendations?

Cheers :y
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: ODB Recomendations
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2024, 17:38:06 »

the lower end Autel tools are hard to beat: LINK and LINK

I have an older one that won't read ABS or SRS, and think those are a good upgrade. Whatever you get, it needs to read, and preferably graph, live data.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2024, 18:09:20 »

I have an iCarsoft (link below) that allows you to add up to 10 manufacturers onto a single unit, so its not tied to a single make (you can buy this as a single make version at a lower cost). This is potentially the next rung up the ladder from the one Nick is talking about. Mine will read ABS, SRS, TCU etc. and will also allow you to do things like code diesel injectors, force DPF regenerations etc.

To Nick's other point, this will read live data and can save it in a log, but won't graph it. you can however load the data back onto a laptop and graph it if you feel you want to. Overall I'd recommend these, the only downside to this particular unit is that loading new manufacturers onto it is not an intuitive process. However this wouldn't be an issue if you only wanted one with the Ford data loaded onto it.

https://ljmcardiagnostics.co.uk/products/icarsoft-cr-v2-0-full-system-diagnostic-scan-tool-for-10-manufacturers-optional?variant=15176713863234&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw2ou2BhCCARIsANAwM2EqmjVAt4mq6-1XtIB2aR2FUcEdpvNxGkPXXS-81NAGd8YRc-5WxGAaAoU4EALw_wcB

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2024, 19:28:45 »

I have the Mercedes one of those... The manufacturer information is stored on and SD card.

It can't do any programming though, so will be investing in the official(ish) kit.

Ultimately, any recommendations will depend largely on what you hope to use it for ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.