Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone need a cambelt, etc?  (Read 2822 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Anyone need a cambelt, etc?
« on: 05 June 2024, 19:16:02 »

Hi Folks,

As people are aware, I have on occasions over the last decade (or two!) offered mobile servicing to members for their Omegas. I probably have 50+ thank you posts on here over the years, and my work is always meticulous. I know the V6 and it's quirks intimately, including how to set up the cam timing perfectly using the correct setting tools.

If anyone has been considering having any jobs done, I am available, usually weekends and Mondays. Financially I am not really looking to gain much, other than to cover my expenses and a contribution to the holiday fund, it's more about me getting back out there in the summer months and re-igniting the passion I have for these cars / helping fellow enthusiasts.

I can also host in Oxfordshire.... the last member who came here for a cambelt stayed for a pub visit, BBQ, Beer, fire-pit, and Breakfast the next day  8)

Jim82

• High Wycombe
    • Omega 2.6 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone need a cambelt, etc?
« Reply #1 on: 10 June 2024, 19:52:38 »

Hi James, will definitely keep you in mind next time I need something fixing as I'm not far away. Unfortunately when I first bought my Omega my requests to join the forum didn't get approved for months and months, which led me to doing my cambelt by myself which was quite a steep learning curve (I'd only done 8v engines before!) and took me 2 whole weekends (although that included changing the water pump, thermostat, heater valve, etc.
The car is still going strong and I have just replaced all the suspension front and back but lately it seems to be losing coolant. So my next bit of work is to see where that is going.....

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2024, 09:59:41 »

Hi James, will definitely keep you in mind next time I need something fixing as I'm not far away. Unfortunately when I first bought my Omega my requests to join the forum didn't get approved for months and months, which led me to doing my cambelt by myself which was quite a steep learning curve (I'd only done 8v engines before!) and took me 2 whole weekends (although that included changing the water pump, thermostat, heater valve, etc.
The car is still going strong and I have just replaced all the suspension front and back but lately it seems to be losing coolant. So my next bit of work is to see where that is going.....

Brilliant effort. So satisfying when you do it yourself 👍🏻👍🏻

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 3.2 Elite sal & est x3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2024, 13:43:09 »

Hi Folks,

As people are aware, I have on occasions over the last decade (or two!) offered mobile servicing to members for their Omegas.

If anyone has been considering having any jobs done, I am available, usually weekends and Mondays. Financially I am not really looking to gain much, other than to cover my expenses and a contribution to the holiday fund, it's more about me getting back out there in the summer months and re-igniting the passion I have for these cars / helping fellow enthusiasts.

I can also host in Oxfordshire.... the last member who came here for a cambelt stayed for a pub visit, BBQ, Beer, fire-pit, and Breakfast the next day  8)

I suspect this was my good self!! In June last year James very kindly fitted a complete VX cambelt kit, cam cover seals and fitted a new water pump on my 3.2 saloon. I fortunately had all the parts in for the cambelt kit and cam covers, but he went out for his way to source a quality water pump at short notice the following morning before reassembly. Not only that, it was apparant that on a previous cambelt kit change the lower idler had been fitted the wrong way round, and had worn a near  circular hole in the cambelt cover ! James duly found a good used one to complete the job. Needless to say, his mechanical skills are impressive, and the hospitality efforts of both James and his partner were superb!
Combined with the lovely weather, the good food and the quality of his work, I cannot thank James enough for his help and would have no hesitation in recommending that other OOFers take up his offer with the more intricate Omega repairs if they felt they weren't up to it themselves!
It's great to have people willing to help out if needed - many thanks James :y :y
« Last Edit: 12 June 2024, 13:47:29 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite saloon & estate

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2024, 23:21:58 »

Hi Folks,

As people are aware, I have on occasions over the last decade (or two!) offered mobile servicing to members for their Omegas.

I suspect this was my good self!! In June last year James very kindly fitted a complete VX cambelt kit, cam cover seals and fitted a new water pump on my 3.2 saloon. I fortunately had all the parts in for the cambelt kit and cam covers, but he went out for his way to source a quality water pump at short notice the following morning before reassembly. Not only that, it was apparant that on a previous cambelt kit change the lower idler had been fitted the wrong way round, and had worn a near  circular hole in the cambelt cover ! James duly found a good used one to complete the job. Needless to say, his mechanical skills are impressive, and the hospitality efforts of both James and his partner were superb!
Combined with the lovely weather, the good food and the quality of his work, I cannot thank James enough for his help and would have no hesitation in recommending that other OOFers take up his offer with the more intricate Omega repairs if they felt they weren't up to it themselves!
It's great to have people willing to help out if needed - many thanks James :y :y

Are you coming back for a BBQ / few beers this summer?  8) 8) :y

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 3.2 Elite sal & est x3!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 June 2024, 13:13:33 »

I could be more than tempted James :y - and I have more than one Omega as you know(!!) which could also benefit from some cambelt tlc too!! :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite saloon & estate
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.