Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Called the Police  (Read 2155 times)

HolyCount

Re: Called the Police
« Reply #15 on: 11 September 2008, 19:27:19 »

i wouldn't.  the only way those morons on the track will stop is if one of Branston's Intercity rearranges their bones.

transport police can do eff all, as kids will be long gone, so waste of everyone's time imho....

I believe you are right TB, actually.

But in balance, I would never live with myself if I went home and saw on the news they had been mowed down.

I felt I had to do it :y
i wouldn't have lost sleep - 2 less retarded idiots in the world is a good thing.

feel for the driver though - i believe they have to clean the bits up?

I have personally known drivers never get in a train again after hitting someone on the line -- I have also spent more time than I would like picking bits up too !!!  As I said -- if it were not for the messy consequences........

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11 September 2008, 19:27:47 »

i wouldn't.  the only way those morons on the track will stop is if one of Branston's Intercity rearranges their bones.

transport police can do eff all, as kids will be long gone, so waste of everyone's time imho....

But in balance, I would never live with myself if I went home and saw on the news they had been mowed down.

i wouldn't have lost sleep - 2 less retarded idiots in the world is a good thing.

I suspect it's BTP that do the cleanup OP, I can't see how a driver would be expected to pickup body parts  ::)

philhoward

• Staffs
  • Love the engines, so put one in something else..
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 September 2008, 19:29:26 »

Good grief! I actually agree with Jaime.
Was it Dawin that suggested the idea of natural selection...?
Running an X30XE in a Reliant Scimitar GTE as I can't have an Omega as a company car...

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 11 September 2008, 19:30:38 »

Clearing up the bits?  It would not be the driver, of that I am 100% certain.

It is a BTP responsibility which may (or probably may not) be transferred onto a contracted undertaker.  I would still suggest that its one of the 'sticky' jobs that El Plod simply have to do and get on with it....   :'(

« Last Edit: 11 September 2008, 19:31:20 by hotel21 »

carper

• Yorkshire - Hecky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 11 September 2008, 19:30:39 »

[/quote] But in balance, I would never live with myself if I went home and saw on the news they had been mowed down.
I felt I had to do it :y[/quote]

I'll keep my eye on the news.  :D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 11 September 2008, 19:30:52 »

exactly - survival of the fittest.  we do not want these idiots adding stupidity of gene pool....
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 11 September 2008, 19:32:04 »

exactly - survival of the fittest.  we do not want these idiots adding stupidity of gene pool....

If they want to paddle at the shallow end, let them.  Pity the driver sees it all though....

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 11 September 2008, 19:33:30 »

I suspect it's BTP that do the cleanup OP, I can't see how a driver would be expected to pickup body parts  ::)
i know a few years ago i was nearby when a chiltern diesel hit an asian lady on a crossing. Awful noise.  The driver waited for old bill, they started wiping down his train.  I was up a pole at the time, literally birds eye view....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11 September 2008, 19:34:34 »

If they want to paddle at the shallow end, let them.  Pity the driver sees it all though....
pretty certain they have to clear up stray sheep/dog bits as well....
Grumpy old man

HolyCount

« Reply #24 on: 11 September 2008, 19:35:30 »

It is a BTP responsibility which may (or probably may not) be transferred onto a contracted undertaker.  I would still suggest that its one of the 'sticky' jobs that El Plod simply have to do and get on with it....   :'(

Probably varies by Force -- in west Sussex it used to be BTP (all one of him) and local plod -- with the fire boys hosing the slime down (not forgetting to switch off the live rail!!!)

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 11 September 2008, 19:36:42 »

Probably varies by Force -- in west Sussex it used to be BTP (all one of him) and local plod -- with the fire boys hosing the slime down (not forgetting to switch off the live rail!!!)

Its BTP's beat, not the local force area...   :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 11 September 2008, 19:36:42 »

The driver I would feel sorry for, the bin men who have to celar up the mess I would feel sorry for, even the family I might feel sorry for.......the daft gits walking on the line I dont!

Ian_D

• Omega Baron
  • York
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 11 September 2008, 19:37:11 »

Have to agree with you there!

To many idiots about, anyway way which lowers this number is a good thing!
[size=12]
LMF are utter rubbish - dont buy steering idlers from them! You've been warned![/size]

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11 September 2008, 19:44:33 »

The driver I would feel sorry for, the bin men who have to celar up the mess I would feel sorry for, even the family I might feel sorry for.......the daft gits walking on the line I dont!

Don't forget the station staff, my girlfriend works at Cov station & often sees the remains on the front of trains.

If James hadn't phoned & one of them got mowed down the delays could have been far worse...
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

davlad22

• Omega Knight
  • Sunny Yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 September 2008, 20:36:41 »

too true!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.