Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opt in or Opt out that is the question?  (Read 1795 times)

iainb

• West Midlands
    • View Profile
Re: Opt in or Opt out that is the question?
« Reply #15 on: 03 September 2008, 21:03:28 »

I also carry a card and I am on the register,my wishes are clearly stated (anything you want but not the eyes)
If you dont have a problem about donateing do the same as I did,dont leave it to others

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 September 2008, 21:04:11 »

Funnily enough I do object, and I am doner card carrier. Next to my doner card is another card clearly written on it is, you may use any of my organs except my eyes, and my family are well aware of this.
I am not religous but always thought if there is any kind of life after death, I would like to keep my eyes.

Funny, the stupid little things we cling to is it not.

Mike

oooh err! thats two of us then....  I use glasses etc, as and when, but theres still a wee hidden bit of me that wants to keep my eyes when I have shuffled off this mortal coil....  The big wide world is welcome to any other bit or bob, but the eyes to the soul are mine and mine alone....   :y

ps - agree to the proposals.  Was happy to also give an armfull of blood 3 or more times yearly until the drug concoction currently consumed prevented me....

HolyCount

« Reply #17 on: 03 September 2008, 21:08:07 »

I also carry a card and I am on the register,my wishes are clearly stated (anything you want but not the eyes)
If you dont have a problem about donateing do the same as I did,dont leave it to others

This is a very important point --- whatever proposals might come and go over opting in or out --- discuss your wishes with anyone and everyone near you, so that they know what you wanted and don't have the added pressure at the worst time in their lives of trying to second guess.

FRE07962128

« Reply #18 on: 03 September 2008, 21:20:17 »

When God takes me from this world I will not require anything to do with my physical form (thank goodness!) so the doctors can take anything they like to help those still living. No strings, no limits, the works! 8-) 8-) :y

In fact they can take the whole bloody thing and that way I will not have to pay my funeral costs! ::) ::)  How good is that?! 8-) ;D ;D ;)

Automatic opt in is a great idea!! :y :y
« Last Edit: 03 September 2008, 21:21:46 by FRE07962128 »

Martin_1962

« Reply #19 on: 03 September 2008, 21:27:45 »

I want to be uploaded into a computer then shoved into a new body cloned from my cells with a few fixes first.

I give it 50 years before this becomes possible - just got to keep my faculties
« Last Edit: 03 September 2008, 21:28:28 by Martin_1962 »

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 September 2008, 21:47:10 »

I think it is a good idea, also saves doctors having to discuss this with relatives at such a traumatic time.
They can have what they like, I won't need it anymore, need a new body for when I come back, but must remember not to smoke next time.... :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 September 2008, 22:18:26 »

When God takes me from this world I will not require anything to do with my physical form (thank goodness!) so the doctors can take anything they like to help those still living. No strings, no limits, the works! 8-) 8-) :y

In fact they can take the whole bloody thing and that way I will not have to pay my funeral costs! ::) ::)  How good is that?! 8-) ;D ;D ;)

You are assuming you are going to Heaven then Lizzie :D :D

HolyCount

« Reply #22 on: 03 September 2008, 22:22:43 »

God does the taking -- it's who makes the travel arrangements you have to worry about  :-/

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 September 2008, 22:39:23 »

personally i think it is a bad idea.......

yet again the government is planning to take more from us without our permission,   who owns our bloody organs anyway!!!!

I have a donor card, i chose to do that willingly, and i firmly believe that this is how is should be.....

this is a cop out by any other description, i bet you  if they cold get away with taking organs as down payments they bloody well would......dealing with this government is like doing a deal with the devil >:(

FRE07962128

« Reply #24 on: 03 September 2008, 23:33:50 »

God does the taking -- it's who makes the travel arrangements you have to worry about  :-/

Oh yes HC, would the  powers in heaven dare to argue? :o :o :D ;D ;D ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.