Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Central Locking Fixed!  (Read 79030 times)

Drewomega

• Aviemore and Mallorca
    • SKODA Octavia Scout 2.0
    • View Profile
Central Locking Fixed!
« on: 09 June 2017, 09:27:30 »

Hi guys, I eventually got round to fixing my drivers and passengers doors central locking micro switch problem due to Kevin Woods excellent 'how to' article in the maintenance guides section. I also had to resolder the battery holder in my key. Everything is now working properly. :y :y
BUT, my passengers door electric window is not working from the passenger door switch but does work from drivers door side. This was a problem before I did the CL fix. There does not seem to be any voltage in the plug that fits into the switch mechanism. Does the voltage come from the drivers door side or does it come from somewhere else?
TIA  :y 
I'm always last in the office in the morning but I make up for it by leaving first.

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 3.2 Elite sal & est x3!
    • View Profile
Re: Central Locking Fixed!
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2024, 14:12:30 »

Bumping this old topic.... I have exactly the same symptoms. Drivers door switch works everything as it should - both mirrors, and raises and lowers all windows including the front passenger door window. However the passenger window switch won't raise or lower the passenger window. I have tried three other passenger window switch assemblies with no success, which tends to rule out the switch assembly itself being faulty.
There are several topics about this issue, but no fix / solution mentioned.
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 19 June 2024, 14:14:25 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite saloon & estate

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2024, 14:38:53 »

Bumping this old topic.... I have exactly the same symptoms. Drivers door switch works everything as it should - both mirrors, and raises and lowers all windows including the front passenger door window. However the passenger window switch won't raise or lower the passenger window. I have tried three other passenger window switch assemblies with no success, which tends to rule out the switch assembly itself being faulty.
Any suggestions?
You'll likely have to start metering back the loom looking for continuity issues, if you have already ruled out the switch itself and the windows itself.
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2024, 18:52:52 »

It's very common on Vauxhalls for the wiring loom between door and pillar (by hinges) to break   ;)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2024, 23:34:49 »

I'll check the large plug connector from the door loom to the A pillar first, I think. Thanks for the suggestions :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2024, 02:48:10 »

It's very common on pretty much anything for the wiring loom between door and pillar (by hinges) to break   ;)
Fixed for accuracy.
Onanists always think outside the box.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2024, 13:13:56 »

Any suggestions?

have you tried another known working 'drivers side switch'
to at least eliminate it from your enquiries regarding the isolating
switch

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2024, 20:53:05 »

ok . i actually tried mine today and lo and behold the passenger window only operates from the main switch.  probably been like this for ages as i dont often have passengers and always open close it from my switch.    all other window switches work fine and switch off with the main switch off so just a power problem to the passenger switch.
so investigation reveals.
the passenger door switch operates the same as the back window ones. theres a brown earth ( for the illumination ) and there is a white live wire that only goes live with the main switch on.
mine was missing this live hence shy it didnt work.
white wire comes from door loom and plug etc into car and into a bundle just behind the two big connectors in the passenger footwell. probing this wire showed it was still dead. there is a white wire nearby that heads off to the rear door and this was live as it should be and off with the main switch off. 
SO theres a connection somewhere between these two thats gone bad ( temporarliy jumping these wires proved the fault and passenger door works as it should now from its own switch.
so tommorow il just trace my wire and see where the issue is at ( or connect it permanent as is )

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 June 2024, 23:42:50 »

Thanks for this info Chris :y
I'll do a bit more investigating based on this and post the results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.