Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: us over booked flight  (Read 1673 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
us over booked flight
« on: 28 April 2017, 16:48:02 »

I see that passenger that was forcibly ejected has had a payout. one of the terms is he doesn't disclose how much.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: us over booked flight
« Reply #1 on: 28 April 2017, 16:52:30 »

Reasonable damage limitation under the circumstances...

Kicking ten barrels of shit out of your punters, however much they provoke you, and having it videod tends to upset the PR people :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 April 2017, 17:36:52 »

I thought the compensation terms for accepting another flight (10,000 dollars?) might prompt someone to become a professional flyer.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2017, 17:44:55 »

I thought the compensation terms for accepting another flight (10,000 dollars?) might prompt someone to become a professional flyer.

10,000? You're having a laugh ;) It's capped at 4x the cost of the flight, or $1300, whichever is lower per US regulations.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 28 April 2017, 18:05:03 »

10,000? You're having a laugh ;) It's capped at 4x the cost of the flight, or $1300, whichever is lower per US regulations.
United airlines are talking about paying $10000, but.....

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-28/you-re-never-going-to-get-10-000-for-your-united-airlines-seat

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 April 2017, 20:36:25 »

Hmm thought it too good to be true. I guess it depends on your paid for ticket price. Could still be a full time job for someone. ;D ;D 1000 dollars isn't a trifle if you could get that once or twice a week.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 April 2017, 23:13:28 »

I see that passenger that was forcibly ejected has had a payout. one of the terms is he doesn't disclose how much.

Shame really, he didn't deserve it. Not the angel he pretended to be :-X ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 April 2017, 01:25:24 »

Hmm thought it too good to be true. I guess it depends on your paid for ticket price. Could still be a full time job for someone. ;D ;D 1000 dollars isn't a trifle if you could get that once or twice a week.

In UK much more profitable to get a wood pellet boiler, run it at max 24/7 as subsidies on energy consumed are much higher than fuel cost. :( :-[ :o :o :o In Northern Ireland, ring a ding, ding as subsidies are about 4x Britain. :o :o :o :o

In Northern Ireland and UK, the Eton educated, landed gentry like Lord Opti, CaMoron, Gideon Osbum and Clegg have got it made with EU subsidies. I thought in the early 19th century with the repeal of the Corn Laws, we had seen off these talent-less privileged bums, but they are now making a comeback through climate / renewals scams. Kerching at our £100 rising to £500 energy expense ! >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 April 2017, 08:38:04 »

In UK much more profitable to get a wood pellet boiler, run it at max 24/7 as subsidies on energy consumed are much higher than fuel cost. :( :-[ :o :o :o In Northern Ireland, ring a ding, ding as subsidies are about 4x Britain. :o :o :o :o

Now I'm not a conspirasist, like some, but the wood pellets that are being talked about come from America, they are burnt at Drax, 
Hoof'land storeman.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 29 April 2017, 18:42:41 »

Now I'm not a conspirasist, like some, but the wood pellets that are being talked about come from America, they are burnt at Drax,

Not only Drax, from Christopher Booker column:

"Only last month there was the collapse of the Northern Irish government over the scandal of the Renewable Heat Incentive scheme, designed to increase production of heat from renewable sources.
It emerged that businesses had been flocking to join it because for every £100 they spent on wood pellets to heat their buildings, they would automatically get £160 back from UK taxpayers.
Unsurprisingly they were working their boilers round the clock to get the money, even when their premises were found to be disused or empty, and costs are heading towards £1 billion."
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.