Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: About these brexit exit fees?  (Read 11996 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: About these brexit exit fees?
« Reply #30 on: 20 March 2017, 17:25:36 »

CAA still exists and standards are notably higher than EASA ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 March 2017, 18:59:10 »

According to John Redwood MP there are no treaty obligations for ANY exit fees and we should politely tell the EU commission where to stick them. Hopefully, where the sun don't shine. ;D ;D ;D

The worst case scenario when we leave is no agreement and having to trade under WTO rules. These tariffs are generally in the order of 3.5 to 5% with the exception of agricultural produce which can be up to 40% and cars which are 9%.

Now these tariffs apply for imports and exports and we have a massive trade deficit with the EU in food and cars where we import much more than we export, so our taxes will get a boost as a result and EU goods will become more expensive. As the trade balance is in the EU's favour we can use the revenue we collect on their imports to subsidise our exports to the EU so our prices in Europe don't go up and pocket the difference. :) :) ;D ;D This disadvantage is that our food goes up in price, except it won't if we conclude trade deals with food exporting countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US, South America and Africa where our food prices from these countries are currently at EU support CAP and inefficient French farmers tariff rates of up to 40%, which will post-EU be set at whatever rate we agree in our bilateral trade agreements with these countries. So in reality expect our food prices to fall by at least 15% from their current ones. :y :y :y I'm sure French farmers will quietly take it on the chin as they build up huge food mountains where they have never been known to protest or riot to protect their vested interests. ::) ::) ::)

The reality is the EU commission will work as hard as possible to punish us for leaving as they can't lose their appointed jobs via the ballot box, the inverse applies to democratically elected governments in the member countries which is why several governments are behind the scenes already working on their negotiating postions for trade agreements with the UK, especially the Germans where we are their third biggest export market. When it comes to EU economics, Germany has since 2008 ALWAYS been in the driving seat and have forced through what they want. Bloody mindlessness, rising unemployment and being in a recession for at best in most of the EU marginally growing economies, due largely to the EU and Euro policies puts Europe in the weaker position. Having to face the ballot box under these conditions means imo the the EU countries governments will be pragmatic and will win this battle against the EU commission. :y :y :y

Junker will have to console himself by drinking the new EU wine lake dry, where we are buying our wine from the rest of the new world. ;D ;D ;D

We are actually in the much stronger negotiating position, with much due imo to the EU bias against the UK in their single market in goods but only in a very limited way in our strength of services, so we have progressively had a worsening trade balance with them. Leaving the EU means this changes to being a negotiating strength. :y :y :y

Another potential boost with leaving the EU is that we can dump their crazy, industrially suicidal, when competing with most of the rest of the world, by dumping their tree hugger, plant food centric energy policies, so our industries have much cheaper energy prices. Like the US this will onshore much heavy industry we have lost due to our uneconomic energy cost compared to much of the globe. :y :y :y

Mad as March hare that fella. ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 March 2017, 19:09:18 »

Not quite. Intelligent, but undeniably odd / strange.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 March 2017, 20:23:55 »

Not quite. Intelligent, but undeniably odd / strange.  ;)

.... and slightly sinister.  :-\                                                                                                                       
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 March 2017, 20:28:15 »

To a "remainer" like me (I know in a 48% minority of the few that actually voted!! ::)) I see the costs of leaving the UK as being far, far greater than any leaving fees. The cost to jobs, the prices we pay for goods, and the cutting off of a plentiful supply of labour for our industries, along with the possible break up of the Union, is going to be horrendous and madness To repeat the words of Robert Wallpole during the South Sea Bubble, " They ring their bells now, soon they will be wringing their hands".

As a proud Tory, I must admit I like the approach being given to Brexit by Tony Blair. He supports correctly the idea we must have another vote on Brexit once all the FACTS of our potential leaving are known by the general public and politicians alike.

To me blindly walking into a potential disaster for Britain because a small majority of the public voted for it before they really knew them without an escape plan is absolute nonsense. ::)
« Last Edit: 20 March 2017, 20:31:38 by Lizzie Zoom »

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 20 March 2017, 20:32:18 »

To a "remainer" like me (I know in a 48% minority of the few that actually voted!! ::)) I see the costs of leaving the UK as being far, far greater than any leaving fees. The cost to jobs, the prices we pay for goods, and the cutting off of a plentiful supply of labour for our industries, along with the possible break up of the Union, is going to be horrendous and madness To repeat the words of Robert Wallpole during the South Sea Bubble, " They ring their bells now, soon they will be wringing their hands".

As a proud Tory, I must admit I like the approach being given to Brexit by Tony Blair. He supports correctly the idea we must have another vote on Brexit once all the FACTS of our potential leaving are known by the general public and politicians alike.

To me blindly walking into a potential disaster for Britain because a small majority of the public voted for it before they really knew them without an escape plan is absolute nonsense. ::)
Tough, it's going to happen, so live with it.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 March 2017, 20:34:18 »

Think you'll find that TonE B Liars opinion is worth about as much airtime as the undigested sweet corn I ate three days ago.

And I though you were sensible ::)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20 March 2017, 21:00:09 »

Think you'll find that TonE B Liars opinion is worth about as much airtime as the undigested sweet corn I ate three days ago.

And I though you were sensible ::)

I am. Just keeping an open questioning mind ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20 March 2017, 21:03:45 »

Open to the opinion of a treasonous tunc who should have long lost the freedom to breathe, let alone speak...  ???

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 20 March 2017, 21:04:47 »

Tough, it's going to happen, so live with it.

Quite so.

Until the campaign to rejoin gets off the ground  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 20 March 2017, 21:10:01 »

Open to the opinion of a treasonous tunc who should have long lost the freedom to breathe, let alone speak...  ???

.........and he was the most successful Labour Prime Minister who was voted in on three occasions by a land slide initially and kept winning......and I am a Tory who recognised what a sweeping force he was that now Labour sadly lack. Love him or, yes, hate him, he would be now an effective opposition. ;)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 20 March 2017, 21:22:45 »

'dangle berries', utter 'dangle berries'. He (sadly) had no competition and being elected to three straight terms only occurred by bribing the scrounging electorate. We're still paying for it now both at home and abroad >:(

The only way is Out and we're going regardless.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 20 March 2017, 21:29:09 »

.........and he was the most successful Labour Prime Minister who was voted in on three occasions by a land slide initially and kept winning......and I am a Tory who recognised what a sweeping force he was that now Labour sadly lack. Love him or, yes, hate him, he would be now an effective opposition. ;)

So how come his recent announcement that only he could show the country why they were too stupid to vote the right way received a couple of days derision, and he's slunk off in a sulk?

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 20 March 2017, 21:30:05 »

Let's not argue even discuss the matter. It is done and dusted and remoaners like nothing better than to....well....moan. Let's focus on how we can get rid of umin rights and abolish benefits.  ;D

powerslinky

« Reply #44 on: 20 March 2017, 21:35:25 »

Are you by any chance related to that "Jimmy Krankee" character from north of the border Lizzie ?    We've had the referendum . . . .we're leaving & the Scots are leaving with us  . . . end of ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.