Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ebay motors  (Read 832 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
ebay motors
« on: 05 June 2016, 15:04:08 »

a guy that I got into a conversation with yesterday told me that he won a bid for a car on an ebay auction his bid being £1800. the car was in Liverpool so was given 7days to collect. when he met the seller he told me even before he had seen the car the guy came across very aggressive, which made him wary. when the car was produced he told me the photos on ebay and the car he was looking at suggested the advertised motor was a ringer. it was advertised as dual fuel. but the gas tank looked liked & probably was made from a gas bottle situated in the boot. to top it all the required paperwork was not right, looking as if it been done on a home printer. of course he changed his mind about finalising the deal and the seller started to threaten him. he took photos of his own just to prove the car advertised was not the one produced. any way he managed to get out of scouseland alive.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: ebay motors
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2016, 18:57:43 »

Caveat empter, I would never buy a car before veiwing. Though i suppose it,s luck of the draw. :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: ebay motors
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2016, 19:26:09 »

Ive bought a few cars on eBay, Ive always been lucky compered to some, do go to town though on the Seller before bidding, Feeback, has the car been previously listed, Sellers Previous Purchase History, Reg Number, MOT History, V5 Present and in His name (Trade?) to name a few, and Ideally turn up and view it before bidding if poss (helps to have a pocket of folded, up to your max bid, sometimes works).

As well as the above I always contact the Seller before viewing or Bidding and ask for Contact No and Address, if not listed, Reg Number and V5 Doc Ref No for Online Checks, and if Im happy then spend £3 for a full Vechile Check. If the Seller refuses any of the above or doesn't sound right on the phone, then I walk.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.