Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: egr blanking  (Read 762 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
egr blanking
« on: 31 May 2016, 19:36:36 »

on Thursday I am having the egr blanked & the ecu remapped. when I cleaned the intake I found it only had one swirl flap, which I removed. a guy told me that the ecu  would need to be sorted . something to do with swirl flap actuator & the ecu thinking their is a problem hence eml on. yesterday for instance 50-60 mph eml would come on but if I didn't try to accelerate the car would eventually take off (still eml on ) at one point when the driving conditions permitted 70-85 was obtained. when I reached roundabouts etc if the cars eml was on setting off wasn't good, but would pickup if left to get itself sorted. when I pulled up in traffic if I switched off that would remove eml & stay off. I am assured the remapping & egr will cure this . does anybody reading this agree ?  :-\

Stargazer57N

Re: egr blanking
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2016, 20:35:56 »

Still having problems then Ray? Egr blanking may work . What fault codes are you getting?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2016, 20:40:34 »

I'd be inclined to get it working as standard, before any reprogramming or non standard modifications...
Grumpy old man

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2016, 21:29:47 »

Still having problems then Ray? Egr blanking may work . What fault codes are you getting?
will find out Thursday re codes. all tests with mityvac are ok. there is only the brake boost pump at the rear of the engine that has not been taken off., but with engine running the gauge went almost right round. general driving around with speeds 0 to 50 no problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.