Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance quote  (Read 5978 times)

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
Re: Car insurance quote
« Reply #30 on: 22 March 2016, 15:19:52 »

Just swapped to Aviva last month 2.6 saloon fully comp £178.86 - £60 Quidco cashback so £118.86

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2016, 18:03:07 »

Went on gocomperethemarket etc., for quotes and now find there have been 18 searches of my credit report. WTF makes them assume that I was going to pay monthly? It's getting worse...I heard that soon landlords can view and contribute to your credit report, that won't end well for some people.

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 23 March 2016, 18:20:56 »

Went on gocomperethemarket etc., for quotes and now find there have been 18 searches of my credit report. WTF makes them assume that I was going to pay monthly? It's getting worse...I heard that soon landlords can view and contribute to your credit report, that won't end well for some people.

Soft searches I'd hope.....

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 23 March 2016, 18:31:38 »

6 points  :)

I thought STEMO was correct in what he said about taking the 8 points, so.....

If you take a FPT then I presume it is then 6 points, but if you end up at Court, then they can impose 6-8 points.
No insurance always used to be between 6 and 8 points at Court appearances; that was before FPT's were introduced for the offence which removed the need to attend Court. However between 6-8 points can still be imposed at Court appearances apparently.
According to Gov.UK anyway.....
« Last Edit: 23 March 2016, 18:41:44 by johnnydog »
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 23 March 2016, 18:36:19 »

Soft searches I'd hope.....
Yes...but still.....nosey bastards.

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 23 March 2016, 18:43:39 »

Go to REIS  :y

Are they any good? I might well be looking for a fleet policy for our cars at home :-\

They've been great to deal with for me - real humans who seem .. human. A friend also uses them for his fleet (which was a 997 911 C4S, Omega DTi, Porsche 928 and RX8 and is now minus one Porsche plus one Gallardo) and has no complaints that I know of.

The best thing was the form you fill out took all of two minutes (it's an editable PDF) and submitted via email with the quote by return. No annoying online forms, hurrah!

IIRC he's also used their recovery service which was pretty decent (included in the cover).

They were also the only people I found who understood both the Ranger not being a "work" vehicle and the fact that it's leased (not PCP or PCH)..

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #36 on: 23 March 2016, 18:59:39 »

I'll have to have a look at that then.

Just one question, dunno whether you'll know the answer - If you put all the cars on one policy i.e. my Skoda, Disco & the wifes Fiesta ....do they keep the NCB earned seperate OR will one be lost???? Its just for future thinking if they, like other companies decide to put up their prices and I decide to move insurers, will wifeys NCB will still stand???

aaronjb

« Reply #37 on: 23 March 2016, 19:28:38 »

I'll have to have a look at that then.

Just one question, dunno whether you'll know the answer - If you put all the cars on one policy i.e. my Skoda, Disco & the wifes Fiesta ....do they keep the NCB earned seperate OR will one be lost???? Its just for future thinking if they, like other companies decide to put up their prices and I decide to move insurers, will wifeys NCB will still stand???

My policy docs have a separate NCB listed for each vehicle so I think they stay separate, not sure how it works with multiple drivers though - I assume each persons NCB would stay with "their" vehicle for later use..

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 23 March 2016, 19:32:06 »

I asked a similar question many years ago, when I had two cars, only to be told that each vehicle, although on different policies, has to earn its own no claims bonus. So later that policy year, one of my cars was broken into and at the time was quite costly to repair the damage, so I thought I'd claim, and then sell the car when repaired. At renewal, the premium on my remaining car had shot up, only to be told that any claim affects both vehicles no claim discount(??!??).
A heated discussion took place, but I lost, with them saying that I had had a claim, although it wasn't on the remaining policy. What's the point of earning their individual NCB then? They have got you by the short and curly's.
Not sure whether this still applies to multi car policies, but anyone with one would be well advised just to ask the question......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 March 2016, 20:15:01 »

I asked a similar question many years ago, when I had two cars, only to be told that each vehicle, although on different policies, has to earn its own no claims bonus. So later that policy year, one of my cars was broken into and at the time was quite costly to repair the damage, so I thought I'd claim, and then sell the car when repaired. At renewal, the premium on my remaining car had shot up, only to be told that any claim affects both vehicles no claim discount(??!??).
A heated discussion took place, but I lost, with them saying that I had had a claim, although it wasn't on the remaining policy. What's the point of earning their individual NCB then? They have got you by the short and curly's.
Not sure whether this still applies to multi car policies, but anyone with one would be well advised just to ask the question......
All exactly as I would expect? Have I misunderstood your point?
Grumpy old man

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 23 March 2016, 20:59:19 »

I was saying that I think it is grossly unfair that each vehicle / policy has to earn its own no claims bonus, when in the event of a claim on one, both policies are affected. In my particular case, one policy had full NCB, the other probably 1 or 2 years (time has now got the better of me!). As I was thinking of selling the car with the lesser NCB, when it got broken into, I decided to claim on the policy as at the time I was going back to one car, and it wouldn't really have been an issue to loose the 2 years as I was just keeping the one car (and you could only keep any NCB earned for upto 2 years and if not used on a subsequent policy, you lost it). If you are paying two premiums with relative NCB's and a claim is made on one, then surely it should only be that policy that is affected.
Turning it around, if you have full NCB on one car, a second policy should have a full NCB if they are going to penalise both policies in the event a claim on one.
Hope that's put my point over!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 March 2016, 22:46:43 »

Your mistake was using the word "fair" when talking about insurance, sadly. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 30 March 2016, 13:49:36 »

Right....a resolution at last. I went on avivas website and put in all the details, exactly the same as my renewal document. Got a quote for £399, £250 less than my renewal. Bought it. Rang aviva to tell them that I didn't want to renew and that I had already renewed for £250 cheaper. She asked who with so I told her.....you. Oh......have you got the new policy number? Yep...it's xxxxxxxxxx.
Let me check....yes, that seems all ok. Right, I'll cancel this one then (deep sigh)

Thank you, bye. ;D ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #43 on: 30 March 2016, 14:12:37 »

Right....a resolution at last. I went on avivas website and put in all the details, exactly the same as my renewal document. Got a quote for £399, £250 less than my renewal. Bought it. Rang aviva to tell them that I didn't want to renew and that I had already renewed for £250 cheaper. She asked who with so I told her.....you. Oh......have you got the new policy number? Yep...it's xxxxxxxxxx.
Let me check....yes, that seems all ok. Right, I'll cancel this one then (deep sigh)

Thank you, bye. ;D ;D
Job done ;)

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #44 on: 30 March 2016, 14:31:17 »

My renewal with Admiral multi-thief is £807.56 for the Skoda & £744.37 for her Fiesta  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.