Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hire Cars  (Read 3414 times)

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
Hire Cars
« on: 20 November 2006, 20:20:17 »

Got to go to Manchester tmz so company hired me a 7 seater to drive us all.

It's just arrived and first impressions look ok.  Black Vx Zafira Design 06 plate.

But then I found the steering controls don't work, it has no cruise, no audio on dash display, it's a 1.8 petrol and not the 1.9cdti I was expecting and to cap it all the rear tyre was sitting at 24psi - all the rest 33/34 which points to a slow puncture. >:(

The good news is that I get to give it back at the end of the day. :)

Anyone else hired worse????

[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Hire Cars
« Reply #1 on: 20 November 2006, 20:24:28 »

It's just arrived and first impressions look ok.  Black Vx Zafira Design 06 plate.

But then I found the steering controls don't work, it has no cruise, no audio on dash display, it's a 1.8 petrol and not the 1.9cdti I was expecting and to cap it all the rear tyre was sitting at 24psi - all the rest 33/34 which points to a slow puncture. >:(

Only abroad, where you get right heaps, esp in Spain/Greece...
Grumpy old man

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2006, 20:30:06 »

Only abroad, where you get right heaps, esp in Spain/Greece...

That's why I always check them over - I hired a Citroen AX in Majorca once - even though it was a 1.1 it came fitted with slicks which I found odd at the time  :-?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Bo Bo

• Omega Baron
  • Coventry
  • Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2006, 20:31:56 »

Hired a Sierra in Ireland once, it was a shed!
Where would we be without rhetorical questions?!

theolodian

• Omega Baron
  • Warwickshire
  • I need a new avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 November 2006, 20:33:54 »

Took a Renault 19 all over France for a week while in Uni.  Front brakes were totally shot.  Got quite scary in the alps with 5 of us and camping gear!  :o
Trains may have been invented here, but public transport is a foreign concept!

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
  • owned a Datsun 120y once!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2006, 20:34:14 »

Hired a Sierra in Ireland once, it was a shed!

That'll be a Shederra then :D

STMO123

« Reply #6 on: 20 November 2006, 20:38:43 »

It would probably be quicker (but less fun) to ask if anybody had ever had a decent hire car

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 November 2006, 20:46:49 »

I hired a transit just after i sold mine because i had a sofa that needed taking somewhere and i tell you front tyres was bald chips all over the windscreen and it was really rough this being a 51Reg with 182,000 miles u dont expect much but more than that >:(
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 November 2006, 20:49:34 »

chips all over the windscreen

Any sausages :D

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 November 2006, 21:05:12 »

I get hire cars all the time at work, Peugeots seem to be the worst, yet to get one with fully working electrics and had the exhaust drop off one of them on the A46...it had 500 miles on the clock!

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2006, 21:09:55 »

Had a honda accord 2.2 in Thailand 3/4 weeks ago, not bad, killed some snakes in it ;D also driven toyota camry 2.0 litre, a couple of smaller cars in Thailand, Toyota Verso in Norway (not bad), for a small people carrier, volvo S70 in Ireland, also mondeo CDTI estate (not bad) again in ireland, and a few others. However, the pieste a resistonce was in 2000 going to my neice's wedding in dundee, flew into glasgow, and hired a facelift meega, was so impressed had to buy one, need I say anymore, converted I was :y

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 November 2006, 21:12:33 »

Had a honda accord 2.2 in Thailand 3/4 weeks ago, not bad, killed some snakes in it ;D also driven toyota camry 2.0 litre, a couple of smaller cars in Thailand, Toyota Verso in Norway (not bad), for a small people carrier, volvo S70 in Ireland, also mondeo CDTI estate (not bad) again in ireland, and a few others. However, the pieste a resistonce was in 2000 going to my neice's wedding in dundee, flew into glasgow, and hired a facelift meega, was so impressed had to buy one, need I say anymore, converted I was :y

Ahhh....that's what you were telling me in the pub yesterday Mick - I didn't have my Acme translator switched on ;D ;D
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #12 on: 20 November 2006, 21:15:20 »

I rented a Ford 8 seater bus once to see if i got more work (bus work is 50% more on fares)....had it for 4 weeks.....i had done 5k when i rented it....steering controls for stereo didnt work.....rear demister on one rear door didnt work......drank diesel.... coz intercooler on it (mark might disagree with this  ;D)
Didnt earn anymore.....so gave it back after doing 5k in it!

Timbuk

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 November 2006, 21:17:35 »

What a lovely story :)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 November 2006, 21:18:01 »

Ahhh....that's what you were telling me in the pub yesterday Mick - I didn't have my Acme translator switched on ;D ;D

I'll bring a pen and paper the next time ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.