Author Topic: R B  (Read 7640 times)

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
Re: R B
« Reply #60 on: 22 February 2014, 19:48:18 »

I wasn't saying it wasn't a very nice car but at £4k seems a lot and Lizzie that colour is very nice,  :y saying that I would pay that for a dark blue one I believe it is nocturnal blue.  :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 22 February 2014, 20:56:08 »

I wasn't saying it wasn't a very nice car but at £4k seems a lot and Lizzie that colour is very nice,  :y saying that I would pay that for a dark blue one I believe it is nocturnal blue:-\

Indeed.  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

omega3000

« Reply #62 on: 22 February 2014, 21:10:32 »

No Gold MV has to be the rarest and best to have  :P ::) I have declined many offers from Mr RB  ::)

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 22 February 2014, 21:36:16 »

I wasn't saying it wasn't a very nice car but at £4k seems a lot and Lizzie that colour is very nice,  :y saying that I would pay that for a dark blue one I believe it is nocturnal blue.  :-\

Mine is Nocturnal (or what ever the proper name is) - I'm looking forward to getting it up to my standards of paintwork - having said that, MrsGK fell in love with it as soon as she saw it...

Lizzie, that is absolutely stunning - love that colour. Am I taking cock of the poppiest variety, or did Pat and Carl have one in that hue on Road Wars?
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Stemo

« Reply #64 on: 22 February 2014, 22:25:00 »

I wasn't saying it wasn't a very nice car but at £4k seems a lot and Lizzie that colour is very nice,  :y saying that I would pay that for a dark blue one I believe it is nocturnal blue:-\

Indeed.  :)
Nocturno.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 22 February 2014, 22:36:34 »

Nice car Lizzie but for the Irmschers there is really no other colour but Star Silver for best effect.

I'm not normally keen on Star Silver, but I must admit that yours looks very striking where I've seen it parked at Farnborough Main station.  :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 22 February 2014, 23:49:36 »

Would be even better if I cleaned it more often.

I am still tempted to have some body work done on the various scratches but it is a lost cause when you have to use station parking.

I am also one of those black front grilles missing in the bumper but is it worth it?
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 23 February 2014, 09:52:02 »

I am still tempted to have some body work done on the various scratches but it is a lost cause when you have to use station parking.

I am also one of those black front grilles missing in the bumper but is it worth it?

Silver ones do clean up nice (retro thread alert) - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63423

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23 February 2014, 10:44:37 »

LZ - that is a stunning example going by the pics. For me, personally, although I like the colour (had a few other cars in not dissimilar colour), I don't think it suits a bigger car.  I had a PFL in that colour, and thought the same then. Its a colour that always seems to polish up nice though, and is different from the usual black, silver and gunship grey that all big cars are now.

As to using the gears, I'm old enough to have been taught to drive on the gears, so I refer the (dis)honourable (:P) lady to my previous comment of prescribing some decent country roads ;D.

Although, with a stunner of a car like that, I can understand the reluctance to treat it gently :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23 February 2014, 10:51:57 »

Silver ones do clean up nice (retro thread alert) - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63423
This one:

Cleaned up to:

;D
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #70 on: 23 February 2014, 12:38:40 »

;D isn't photoshop great...

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23 February 2014, 14:11:15 »

This one:
[mobile BBQ]

Cleaned up to:

[scrubbed up]

By heck, that does look smart.

omega3000

« Reply #72 on: 23 February 2014, 16:23:58 »

The Kosovan's do a great job dont they  ::) :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23 February 2014, 18:14:58 »

The Kosovan's do a great job dont they  ::) :P
Yup ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #74 on: 23 February 2014, 21:59:01 »

I'd be scared to drive that, Lizzie, in case anyone hit it. Insurance companies think they can pay absolute peanuts for a claim on an omega.

They may think that but when they deal with me they don't get away with it. My green 2.5 was written off back in 2009, and I insisted that I obtain another Omega at least as good after they tried to fob Mel off. The result was I ended up with another Omega, of the same year, but a 3.0 Elite, 15k less miles, and they bought it for a price higher than my w/o Omega had been worth. The difference was about £500!

That Omega was attempted to be written off when I received a bump in Sainsbury's car park, but once again after an argument I persuaded the insurance company (the AA) to have another garage repair it.

I am now back with the AA, and they better look after my current mighty!! ;D :D ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.