Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Poor old Sony  (Read 3282 times)

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • 2.2 CD Auto, Pug 308Hdi
    • View Profile
Poor old Sony
« on: 06 February 2014, 10:24:38 »

Just heard that Sony are to stop making pc's and laptops as the Vaio range is losing them money, they are going to concentrate on Tablets etc

I always thought of the Vaio range was made for yuppie types and pretentious wannabees   

At this point I would like to confess to having once bought a Vaio laptop :'( :'( :'(  That truly was a really cathartic experience ;D

I have never felt so relieved even taking into account admitting to being an ageing drug taking alcofrolic ;D

I wonder what if anything they will dump next, The mini disc lost official support recently if I remember correctly

An old colleague and I mean old as in he was the cabin boy on Noah's Ark ;D still uses a minidisc in his car, they will no doubt have to prise it from his corpse when he decides to shuffle off this mortal coil ;D
An ounce of experience is worth more than a pound of enthusiasm.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Poor old Sony
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2014, 10:40:17 »

Just heard that Sony are to stop making pc's and laptops as the Vaio range is losing them money, they are going to concentrate on Tablets etc

I always thought of the Vaio range was made for yuppie types and pretentious wannabees   

At this point I would like to confess to having once bought a Vaio laptop :'( :'( :'(  That truly was a really cathartic experience ;D

I have never felt so relieved even taking into account admitting to being an ageing drug taking alcofrolic ;D

I wonder what if anything they will dump next, The mini disc lost official support recently if I remember correctly

An old colleague and I mean old as in he was the cabin boy on Noah's Ark ;D still uses a minidisc in his car, they will no doubt have to prise it from his corpse when he decides to shuffle off this mortal coil ;D

I still mourn the loss of the cassette player and the 8 track. :-\

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2014, 10:45:34 »

I nearly forgot about the old track :y :y

My dad had one in his Viscount, one in my mothers Triumph 1300 and another one in one of those new fangled music centre contraptions ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2014, 10:49:47 »

....and you should see my mobile phone. I have a picture of it somewhere.....in black and white. ;D ;D

I use it for making phone calls. Nowt else.

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2014, 18:42:08 »

....and you should see my mobile phone. I have a picture of it somewhere.....in black and white. ;D ;D

Wait till you use a wireless mouse , its great  :-\

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2014, 18:45:10 »

Until the batteries go flat  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2014, 18:46:24 »

blimey a mobile phone for making phone calls, how do you do that... Discussion
Hoof'land storeman.

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2014, 18:46:47 »

???

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2014, 18:47:38 »

Now now we all know they are round ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2014, 18:51:15 »

I still mourn the loss of the cassette player and the 8 track. :-\

Still got the tape player , you cant beat pulling the unwound tape from the machine and winding it back with a pencil  :)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2014, 18:52:55 »

Well said, I have never sent a "text" &  have no interest in learning how, I have a basic mobile in each vehicle for emergencies . If I wish to take a photograph I use a camera, & I still go to the library to get books. A colleague at work detests mobile phones so much that if he has visitors he asks them to turn their mobiles off & leave them in a box in the hallway..

Ever Ready

• Omega Knight
  • Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 February 2014, 18:58:16 »

I remember my dear old departed dad used to bring a sanyo tape recorder on picnics when we were young, we all had to learn how to change the tape and thread it through the mechanism, times really were simpler then :y

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 February 2014, 19:05:24 »

Then you revert to keyboard......seemples  ;)

Stemo

« Reply #13 on: 06 February 2014, 19:28:16 »

Well said, I have never sent a "text" &  have no interest in learning how, I have a basic mobile in each vehicle for emergencies . If I wish to take a photograph I use a camera, & I still go to the library to get books. A colleague at work detests mobile phones so much that if he has visitors he asks them to turn their mobiles off & leave them in a box in the hallway..
Bet he gets loads of visitors. ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 February 2014, 22:08:41 »

Fony are seriously in the mire, have been going under since the downturn (and probably before, but more easily covered off) and with no real sign of being able to turn it around.

Computing and TVs are the big drains on their finances, so I'd expect the TV side to be spun off somewhere as well.

I'd really try not to laugh if they went tits up. Good riddance!
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.