Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Marks & Spencer's PR disaster  (Read 9676 times)

MR MISTER

Re: Marks & Spencer's PR disaster
« Reply #75 on: 22 December 2013, 22:07:19 »

How long will it be before there are enough Muslims with the vote in this country to elect a Muslim politician all the way to becoming prime minister? Can't help but feel our way of life could change big time then.

The short answer is a long time, but theoretically possible.  ;)

If Scotland becomes independent however it could happen a lot quicker there, as the Scottish government will try and boost the population by encouraging immigration, to stimulate the economy attract more EU cash!  :o  :)

Provided the EU let Scotland stay in or rejoin that is.  ;D
Scottish first minister..Angus McPatel.

Nickbat

« Reply #76 on: 22 December 2013, 22:10:43 »

Well said, Rod. :y :y

I am pleased that, at least for now, I can post on topics which I believe to be of interest.

:y :y

Nickbat

« Reply #77 on: 22 December 2013, 22:15:01 »

I suggest ignoring such posts as they will then die a natural death - which is what I believe they deserve.....

Pity you didn't instead of calling it "pathetic".  ::) ::) ::) ::)

chrisgixer

« Reply #78 on: 22 December 2013, 23:11:58 »

I suggest ignoring such posts as they will then die a natural death - which is what I believe they deserve.....

Thing is Nick, you insist on contributing absolutely opps all else.

...and I don't buy the odd top gear or aviation post just to give an excuse to stick a thorn in everyone's side once a week in the vain hope you won't appear obsessed.

It's become your reason to exist. We'd all like to see you join in. But no...

Nickbat

« Reply #79 on: 22 December 2013, 23:13:49 »

...and I don't buy the odd top gear or aviation post just to give an excuse to stick a thorn in everyone's side once a week in the vain hope you won't appear obsessed.

That's crap and you know it. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 22 December 2013, 23:18:07 »

A long time before we get a Muslim prime minister. But are we all not aware of Muslims being elected to local councils by weight of numbers. Lizzie always trots out the same old story about WW2. But honestly, I often wonder how many of those brave boys would go so readily to defend 'THEIR country' if they could see it today?? I totally uphold the right to free speech, and hear all around me views and opinions such as expressed on such threads as these. I truly feel an enormous amount of British people feel this way, but they are either fearful of expressing it, or as mentioned in this thread, are 'shut up'. Oooops! Nothing to do with selling Pork..  :-[
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

chrisgixer

« Reply #81 on: 22 December 2013, 23:31:11 »

Well go and prove me wrong. ;)

I predict, two or three boys toys threads, some replies to ukip or Fail topics, never ever stepping outside gen chat never mind a post on omegas, followed by, a Topic on stirring up bad feeling. Again!

Go ahead, prove me wrong. :)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 22 December 2013, 23:38:52 »

I predict, two or three boys toys threads, some replies to ukip or Fail topics, never ever stepping outside gen chat never mind a post on omegas, followed by, a Topic on stirring up bad feeling. Again!

And the 'I am never drinking again' thread......... ;) ;)

Nickbat

« Reply #83 on: 22 December 2013, 23:39:10 »

Just go away and get a life, you bully.  >:( >:( >:(

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22 December 2013, 23:41:31 »

One thing I wonder is this....and please don't take this as trying to stir up emotions and cause trouble. Im certainly not well versed in politics like some clearly are on here...
It is a genuine question....
How long will it be before there are enough Muslims with the vote in this country to elect a Muslim politician all the way to becoming prime minister? Can't help but feel our way of life could change big time then.
Rods.. nice diatribe .... but factually about as accurate as the Daily Fail ..... 

No-one has impinged your or Nicks "right to speech" ... Lizzie suggests there is a "better" place for such posts, I suggest ignoring such posts as they will then die a natural death - which is what I believe they deserve.....

Neither of us state you can't post those views.... but apparently ... by not agreeing with you, ie .. holding a different viewpoint .. we are now Nazis/Stasi etc etc ....

The hypocrisy of your statement is amazing ... you cry out for the right to hold a view .. yet deny others the right to a different view...

Like many "libertarians" .. you actually only want one view .. your own .....

Not true, you are quite entitled to your opinions and the right to state them at no point did I say otherwise, in fact I emphasised "ALL" I disagree with some of your views like you do mine, but that does not mean you do not have the right to hold or express them and I'm certainly not going to make unsavory implications or insult you for doing so.

I'm not going to get into you did this or they did that type of discussion as I feel it is bad for the public image of the forum. But, I will stand by what I said of people playing the Nazi card etc as it has happened more than once on here in a way that no view apart from theirs is a valid one and to hold and anything other to that implies that you are a Nazi, which I find objectionable and I'm quite prepared to stand up and say so.

On the rights to freedom of speech, there is much that cannot be said in public, Many statements that might be in bad taste will get your collar felt by the police these days, and it was in this context that my freedom of speech comment was made. There are certain words used of here in the context of caravans that could get people into trouble, as recent news headlines have shown. Fortunately, in America it is an enshrined right in their constitution, we are not that lucky.

We have seen the racism card played all too often in national politics when people want to discuss very real practical day-to-day problems being caused by unchecked mass migration and IMO this is in the same vein.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

cleggy

« Reply #85 on: 23 December 2013, 00:02:37 »

It is not wrong to love your way of life, and try to protect it. To resent change, and strive to keep the status quo. To fear the unknown.
This has nothing to do with religion or racism, despite people trying to label it as such. It is merely a desire for your children to be prosperous and safe, and for their lives to be governed by people with their interests at heart.
People who come to our country and denounce our way of life, refuse to follow our rules and learn our language should simply be sent home. No drama, no violence, just goodbye...don't come back.

WELL SAID  :y :y

As for M&S just sack the member of staff who refuses to serve a customer with the goods the company sell... SIMPLES :y

As for muslims they can all freak off ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 23 December 2013, 07:25:50 »

What a load of ballcocks over a story that was completely over-hyped!

It wasn't "Policy" as quoted (surprise, surprise!) but just something that one member of staff interpreted incorrectly ::)

Oh well... Same reaction here as elsewhere for me... Must have been a slow news day! ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #87 on: 23 December 2013, 09:16:39 »

Rods.. nice diatribe .... but factually about as accurate as the Daily Fail ..... 

No-one has impinged your or Nicks "right to speech" ... Lizzie suggests there is a "better" place for such posts, I suggest ignoring such posts as they will then die a natural death - which is what I believe they deserve.....

Neither of us state you can't post those views.... but apparently ... by not agreeing with you, ie .. holding a different viewpoint .. we are now Nazis/Stasi etc etc ....

The hypocrisy of your statement is amazing ... you cry out for the right to hold a view .. yet deny others the right to a different view...

Like many "libertarians" .. you actually only want one view .. your own .....

Nicely put Entwood :y :y :y :y

I am in full support of democratic discussion IN THE RIGHT AREANA and especially where your opinion counts, where it could make a real difference.

With freedom comes responsibility; the inherent right to that freedom comes with the onus not to hurt the freedom of others. In my opinion this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to stir up the Muslims v. The rest of us emotions.  Yes, I agree with the thought by some that this thread was probably best to ignore due to the lack of any real substance. But this is not the first Muslim v the rest of us thread,and it is part of a drip, drip, drip unconscious campaign to ridicule / devalue another religion. As I have repeatedly stated, in history this has transpired all too often and caused the death and terrible suffering to millions.  In my opinion no religion is worth that, but let us respect the belief of others within our a GREAT democracy which we CAN defend from any threats by way of democratic processes away from a simple car forum.  This Forum is primarily about cars, with the added benefit of being able to discuss the funny, sad, historical, etc, etc, aspects of life.  It is not a vehicle to promote or drum up /stir up feelings of hate, racial or religious, even in the veiled attempt this post was.  No, when we come onto the forum we want to leave that we'll alone, out there in the real world, not here on our peaceful and often funny (thanks to characters like Steve / Stemo) site. 

There are other areana's for all that where the really serious political commentators can let vent to their thoughts and observations.  It is all as simple as that!!

Now, what was that about tyres?  Or shall we talk more about Bus nostalgia?  ;D ;D :y :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 23 December 2013, 09:44:40 »

Well bugger me with a fish fork....this thread went pear shaped quite quickly.  ::)

Why do folk get so uptight when it comes to politics? I have a view. You guys have a view. They may differ widely. Just agree to disagree  :)

RIP Paul Lovejoy

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23 December 2013, 09:47:10 »

Well bugger me with a fish fork....this thread went pear shaped quite quickly.  ::)

Why do folk get so uptight when it comes to politics? I have a view. You guys have a view. They may differ widely. Just agree to disagree  :)

Whatever takes your fancy Steve :o :o,seriously though I agree,politics don't interest me so I don't read them,I only read this as I saw that Nick had jumped ship :(
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.