Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: cracked manifold.?  (Read 2501 times)

terry paget

• Omega Baron
  • Midsomer Norton Somerset
    • 3 Astras 2 Vectra
    • View Profile
Re: cracked manifold.?
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2013, 20:41:18 »

I doubt it. I have had three 2.0 Omegas with cracks exhaust manifolds (on top, under the heat shield) and while the spotting noise at idle was annoying there was no obvious decline in performance.

I currently have a 2.5 Omega with a cracked RH exhaust manifold. The crack occurred suddenly two years resulting in a spitting noise idling cold, but diminishing when hot. It has got worse, growling all the time. I have now obtained a second hand manifold and shall change it when I can find the courage. The performance has not changed a bit.
The 2.5 issue is probably just the gasket failed. My old 2.5 did the same.
I hope you are right, but I doubt it. It happened so suddenly. I suppose a stud could have broken.

Hmmm, that's not so normal. Usually, it sounds a bit futty on start up, which disapears as it warms up. The worse it gets, the longer it takes for the noise to subside. Until eventually, it never stops and constantly blows.
You have described exactly what has happened over 2 years. I have had several 2 litres suffer manifold cracks and behave this way. I assumed the 2.5 had gone the same way. I will let you know when I strip it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.